APC Forum

Free Money! (Ok, free Aluminum, same thing)

TheSidewinder

Ok. Everything is in place to ship. We took all the necessary classes (last one finished 2 days ago), bottles, labels, and containers arrived.

I will place a call tonight to get the names and addresses. Thanks to everyone for their patience. Yes there was a longer period getting to this point, but it was due to the proper shipping (and shipment training), packaging, and other factors such as various OSHA based issues. Yes, there are this many issues to deal with IF you are trying to do this legally.

I will post a follow up in this thread as soon as I conclude our phone call with Sidewinder.

Thank you, so are we. We've done our testing, and now we are looking forward to seeing the conclusions of the various contributors here at APC Forums.

Excellent. I am looking forward to the results of testing.

Thank you, so are we. We've done our testing, and now we are looking forward to seeing the conclusions of the various contributors here at APC Forums.

If you want to know how it performs in the southern hemisphere (who knows might be different I mean toilets flush in the opposite direction herewhistle.gif) Ill happily help out

OK, listen up. Here are the list of folks I'm sending to StarMolecule. He was gracious to expand the number of people who will receive it.

I have all names and addresses except TWO. hst45 and NighthawkInLight - get back to me with the info we need to get it to you. I PM'd you both.

EDIT: NIL sent me his address. One down, one to go. hst45, where are yew? ;)

TwoTails

Dagabu

TheEskimo

TSO

Dr. Boom

qwezxc12

fredjr

username

wasd

hst45

handymanherb

Algenco

hwitt

OneEyeCharlie

Baraheia

geoffism

firebird

NighthawkInLight

And me and Mumbles of course, lol.

I acknowledge the list that sidewinder has posted, and as I understand it are awaiting one final person.

Making a cup of coffee with the french press as we speak.

I have my comps printed out, tubes ready and coffee brewing... cant wait!

Thanks Star and Sidewinder!

I was talking with Sidewinder (at least I believe it was him if I remember correctly) and had explained that we made a pretty wild discovery (although this may be old news to most people, it was not however to us). We learned that when you manufacture or store dark jagged flake in the drums, and it is moved around over time, that their is in fact variance in the powder within the drums.

Even if its completed state there are slight variances within the powder, whereas the smallest and largest of the batch (in that particular drum) will start to sift to there like-sized equivalents. So certain parts of the drum, if not retumbled prior to shipping fall below 1.5 micron and certain parts go up to 2 micron. It was interesting to learn none the less.

Interesting stuff Star. Has this been used in ICE/Al fuel yet? It sounds like a supreme candidate for ICE fuel.

I am unsure as to what applications this has been utilized in thus far. I have been given no feedback.

Actually, that above comment is not entirely accurate... Some of the reactive (or exploding rifle target) manufacturers in the industry have tested our aluminum powder, and it has outperformed their aluminum powders (and their powders have zirconium hydride mixed in with it). So yes, we outperformed a few powders that had oxidizers added, and ours did not. Needless to say we are now the official aluminum powder they use.

We are open to any and all feedback of the various uses that these samples are used for from you all (as long as it abides by local, state, and federal law).

All indications to this point have been that it has outperformed the various brands that people have / had been using. While this sounds good on the surface, a myriad of feedback would help solidify what we know.

Its really not that complicated... find a good formula, utilizing a high purity ratio, and do not cut or "stuff" your powder with filler (mixing a high and low grade powder to give you more powder to sell at a lower cost to you and a higher profit), and yes this is VERY common in the market right now. We say build a good brand, cut no corners, and build over time. Quality not quantity.

Yes, we could have made more profit by simply stuffing it in bags and sending it, we chose rather to place it into high quality anti static bottles with anti static bags. Did it cut into our profit? Absolutely it did.

We do not want to be just another eBay seller with questionable material.

Buyer: So what type of powder is this?

Seller: Its an Eckart flake, its great stuff!

Buyer: How do I know its the best I can get for the money I am spending?

Seller: Ah, because my ad on eBay says its Eckart.

Sorry, but that's just not good enough for me. So we put our money where our mouth is, we came here, and offered it to people to sample. We have nothing to hide.

Interesting stuff Star. Has this been used in ICE/Al fuel yet? It sounds like a supreme candidate for ICE fuel.

Edited by StarMolecule

I detected some defensiveness in your last post Star, I am sorry if you took my question in a negative way, it was not intended to be taken as such. The question was related to a question that was posted in a thread her about ICE fuel and was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet.

I detected some defensiveness in your last post Star, I am sorry if you took my question in a negative way, it was not intended to be taken as such. The question was related to a question that was posted in a thread her about ICE fuel and was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet.

Not at all, no defensiveness at all. Your good to go, you did nothing wrong, and I certainly was not even remotely upset. I have my coffee, and am in quite a good mood. :lol:

Edited by StarMolecule

If you want to know how it performs in the southern hemisphere (who knows might be different I mean toilets flush in the opposite direction herewhistle.gif) Ill happily help out

I take that as a no we dont care than, we would prefer a list of people half of whom havent posted in months (or even logged in for that matter) one of whom isnt even a member ?

do you really expect any good info or respected product endorsement ? (some of the people on the list certainly will be good)

Edited by Ralph

I believe it was stated a fair bit ago in this thread that the offer was for U.S. residents only. And if it wasn't explicitly stated it should have been, because of shipping regulations.

And just because someone isn't a "Full Member" doesn't mean that they don't know what they're doing. There are "no-post lurkers" here who prefer to remain anonymous, but whose identities are well-known to Management, and would be to the Pyro community as well if they chose to reveal themselves.

So you may wish to temper those statements a bit further, Ralph.

I'll hold off sending the list for a day or two to let hst45 pipe up if he wants in on the deal, and when I transmit it there will be no user names in it.

Star wants honest opinions, and with no username cross-reference he's more likely to get them.

I believe it was stated a fair bit ago in this thread that the offer was for U.S. residents only. And if it wasn't explicitly stated it should have been, because of shipping regulations.

And just because someone isn't a "Full Member" doesn't mean that they don't know what they're doing. There are "no-post lurkers" here who prefer to remain anonymous, but whose identities are well-known to Management, and would be to the Pyro community as well if they chose to reveal themselves.

So you may wish to temper those statements a bit further, Ralph.

I'll hold off sending the list for a day or two to let hst45 pipe up if he wants in on the deal, and when I transmit it there will be no user names in it.

Star wants honest opinions, and with no username cross-reference he's more likely to get them.

I know the offer was for people in the US only hence why I didnt send you a PM and why my post included humor (ofcoarse the Al will behave the same in different countries)

I think that starmolecule is owed more than a couple salutes and a line of flash with maybe a trending experiment (like ALICE) or more likely no feedback at all

I know the offer was for people in the US only hence why I didnt send you a PM and why my post included humor (ofcoarse the Al will behave the same in different countries)

I think that starmolecule is owed more than a couple salutes and a line of flash with maybe a trending experiment (like ALICE) or more likely no feedback at all

You don't think the members selected are going to give feedback? I don't think anyone on that list would disregard their part of the deal, unless for some reason they are not able to test it because of unforeseen circumstance. It would be quite foolish to not give feedback, as it would show you're not reliable enough to be included in any future offer.

You don't think the members selected are going to give feedback? I don't think anyone on that list would disregard their part of the deal, unless for some reason they are not able to test it because of unforeseen circumstance. It would be quite foolish to not give feedback, as it would show you're not reliable enough to be included in any future offer.

Some haven't logged in in 5 months and may well have forgoten will get their Al and be like "score free Al" or may no longer be doing pyro

I know Im probably looking like a real A$$ but I thought I would save star the wait to find that he sent out $400 of Al and half of his responses were "it makes good flash "

Edited by Ralph

hst doesn't check the forum religiously. You may want to send him an e-mail. I think I also have his address around here too if needed.
  • Like 1

I didn't put my name down, even though I would have liked to, because I don't make many flash salutes so I wouldn't be a very useful reviewer. I look forward to buying some product when it's available, though.

For those INCONUS members that did not get selected, we will be working with APC long term, so with permission there will be additional giveaways in the future.

Just because I haven't been active on the log-in list doesn't mean I've dropped off the face of the planet.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exgagerated" (Edgar Allen Poe).

For good or ill I'm still around. The Gestapo at my current employer won't let me have internet access, and I live deep in the woods so I don't have internet access back at the wolfden, so I get on-line only occasionally. I haven't forgotten you guys though. I sometimes wander down the mountain to the general store and use the system there to keep me updated with the latest developments....(WOW...Richard Nixon died?...)

Edited by hst45