APC Forum

Gun thread(random but still slightly pyro)

AprenticeChemist

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swede

• WarezWally

• AprenticeChemist

• TheSidewinder

In canada possession of a mag with capacity >5 rounds for a centrefire semi-auto rifle is the same as possession of a full-auto machine gun in the eyes of the law. The law does not discriminate between the two <_<

I went shooting on the 1st and it was awesome. I know of to hand guns I want and they're a at reasonable price.

1. .38 spl Smith and Wesson Revolver. Mainly just for style. A Ruger will work like that too.

2. Ruger Mark II .22 cal. Just fun to shoot.

Oh also, I'm 17 and I one handed a .44 Mag. It was awesome.

I know it completely off topic but it was fun and I thought I would throw in a couple pennies.

The small key chain lasers are illegal in AUS? :huh:

They are now, I guess that's a few more things on the rap sheet if the cops bust down my door.

Fuck them if they think I'm going to hand over my laser pointers.

Edited by WarezWally

Mormonman, if you want a .38 S&W pistol, look for a "U.S. Property" marked model 15. These are target pistols with adjustable sights. The finish is like glass, the action is unbelievably smooth, and as a bonus it is a collectible military weapon. They were issued to USAF flight crews before the 9mm became standard. They are beautiful pistols.

If you like .22 (I do) try and find a Colt "Ace" which is a .45 auto frame and a .22 upper. They too are heavy and beautifully made.

Mormonman, if you want a .38 S&W pistol, look for a "U.S. Property" marked model 15. These are target pistols with adjustable sights. The finish is like glass, the action is unbelievably smooth, and as a bonus it is a collectible military weapon. They were issued to USAF flight crews before the 9mm became standard. They are beautiful pistols.

If you like .22 (I do) try and find a Colt "Ace" which is a .45 auto frame and a .22 upper. They too are heavy and beautifully made.

The Colt Ace is nice, but it is hard to beat a Smith & Wesson 41.

One of my favorite handguns is the Smith & Wesson 52.

2. Ruger Mark II .22 cal. Just fun to shoot.

I had one in stainless... disappeared during shipping back to Ruger for a sight adjustment. Lovely handgun tho.

An even more collectible .38 would be one issued to WWII Air Crew, with that puke-green Parkerized finish. (The accuracy of those issued sidearms was a bit spotty, though, and they had fixed sights. But that Parker finish was completely immune to salt water and several other corrosives.)

64 years after the war is over, my Dad is still kicking himself for being a "good boy" and turning his back in, instead of keeping it and claiming it had been "lost", as did so many of his buddies. ;)

Sometime this year I hope to get a firearms permit in order, I have to supply a valid reason and I'm hoping my uncle will give me "permission" to kill vermin on his property :)

Looking to get three classic WWII rifles, Mauser Karabiner 98k, Mosin Nagant and a Lee Enfield, not to sure if there is a plentiful cheap supply of 8mm Mauser but there are bucketloads of .303 and 7.62x54R :)

An even more collectible .38 would be one issued to WWII Air Crew, with that puke-green Parkerized finish. (The accuracy of those issued sidearms was a bit spotty, though, and they had fixed sights. But that Parker finish was completely immune to salt water and several other corrosives.)

64 years after the war is over, my Dad is still kicking himself for being a "good boy" and turning his back in, instead of keeping it and claiming it had been "lost", as did so many of his buddies. ;)

I would jump all over a WW2 .38, but I thought WW2 aircrews were issued .45 autos. But if your Dad was issued one, then there is no doubt they were made. Probably very rare. Either way, I dig parkerizing on a war firearm... makes it look all-business and is functional to boot.

Ours were very beat up, Viet-Nam era. Most of them got tossed into the map case to remove the annoying weight from the survival vest.

There is a famous story of a Viet-Nam combat pilot who, for some reason, never loaded his pistol. He went North, got shot down, was knocked unconscious, and awoke in a ditch... a Vietnamese peasant woman had his .38 and was holding it against his head, pulling the trigger over and over... click, click, click. :o

Why do they no longer allow importation or mfg?

Seems a bit stupid IMO

Ronald Regean signed the Machine Gun Act of 1986 that did not allow any more importation or manufacture of fully automatic weapons for civillian use.

IMO it is an unconstitutional law.

I would jump all over a WW2 .38, but I thought WW2 aircrews were issued .45 autos. But if your Dad was issued one, then there is no doubt they were made. Probably very rare. Either way, I dig parkerizing on a war firearm... makes it look all-business and is functional to boot.

Ours were very beat up, Viet-Nam era. Most of them got tossed into the map case to remove the annoying weight from the survival vest.

There is a famous story of a Viet-Nam combat pilot who, for some reason, never loaded his pistol. He went North, got shot down, was knocked unconscious, and awoke in a ditch... a Vietnamese peasant woman had his .38 and was holding it against his head, pulling the trigger over and over... click, click, click. :o

Hmm.... in WWII, I think .45's were officer's and NCO sidearms, maybe?

IIRC, fighter and bomber pilots were officers, but non-pilot bomber crew weren't. Dad was an "Aviation Machinist's Mate 3rd Class", which he said was an invented title that didn't mean a damn thing, they just had to call him *something*. He was Pacific Theatre, and a nose gunner in a PB4Y-2 Privateer. The whole crew was issued the .38's, and I do remember him saying he got one that shot very well and straight.

I'll bet that pilot needed a change of drawers. :D

And yeah, I love a Parkerized finish. Both for looks and functionality.

I forgot to mention. My friend in the FBI but a Thompson. Just might want to rub it in your faces a little. :D $20,000 gun.

Swede, your coming next time right? Or anyone one else in the 76016/ DFW area unless you want to drive here. You don't even need to bring a gun just maybe HEs or fireworks.

It all depends upon my schedule. <_< I've got over 1K 5.56 and 9mm to burn at 600 rpm each. Burn some barrels, some hands, a few "tannerite" targets... what's not to like?

Can this be verified by some Aussie members? Wow...

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down

Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced

By a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by

Our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500

million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,

Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300

percent.

(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did

not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed

robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12

months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the

elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has

decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in

'successfully ridding Australian society of guns.' You won't see this on the

American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly

disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest

citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the

law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

The stats varied if I remember correctly and left out a few key facts (population growth) to put it into perspective. Last time I had a look and crunched the numbers it appeared nothing had really changed, there are always going to be 'quiet' and 'busy' years and the odd insane person but there was a slight increase in some gun crime in some areas. Not really solid ground for saying yay or nay.

But in the past month there have been about 8 drive by shooting, 12 ATM's blown up, and a few regular shootings.

You can be that the majority of gun related crime is committed with illegal weapons, something which no law can stop.

You can have a read up on it here if you want

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

I'm just glad that that former fuckwit prime minister (who caused you some problems recently) is gone, the infamous things he did to piss the shooting population of Australia off wont be forgotten.

we will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns... ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia

That went down well, as did turning up to a organized meeting of concerned shooters wearing a bullet proof vest, way to add insult to injury :(

Defiantly not a friend of Americas!

You can have a read up on it here if you want

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

I'm just glad that that former fuckwit prime minister (who caused you some problems recently) is gone, the infamous things he did to piss the shooting population of Australia off wont be forgotten.

Thanks Wally...Any other takes on this from you blokes/blokesses? Is that a word? No..it's Shelia right? :{)

since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

This is pretty much rubbish. Gun ownership in Australia was never a major concern for criminals anyway. For the past 30 years or so licensing has been relatively strict, one of the requirements is that firearms are kept in a locked cabinet separate from ammunition. Storing a loaded firearm or even a full magazine separate from the firearm is enough to have your license revoked.

A person breaking in to a house in suburban Australia would have to be fairly unlucky to pick one with a gun in it. The odds of picking a house with a gun and ammunition that was readily available for the resident to use to defend themselves would be incredible.

Since licensing for more powerful guns has always been harder than for things like bolt action 22s, most shooters who had guns seized are the ones who would have been following the rules most strictly (they worked hard to get that license, they probably don't want to lose it) and are the least likely to have had their guns sitting around waiting for a break in.

Handguns are extremely difficult to license and with very few exceptions can only be used at gun clubs, a vast majority of the guns in Australia are hunting rifles.. The odds of a person on the street being armed are practically nonexistent.

The "prey" in Australia is about as armed as they were in the late-80's. Recent fluctuations in crime rates have nothing to do with gun ownership.

To be fair firearm ownership in the 70's and 80's was much more common, quite a few people would have had a rifle sitting around in a closet. I think my old man had a rifle at some stage but got rid of it when the crackdown came.

http://www.foxmovies.com.au/dvd/smiley-get...n-1959-260/260/

Every kid growing up wanted a .22LR rifle, short of that a decent air rifle

All I have to say is that sucks some major donkey cock for australia. Im sitting here with my nice new Taurus 24/7 PRO .40 pistol l I bought for my birthday and I get to walk around town with it like its the wild west(im in arizona so technically it is lol). Also it took me a matter of 15 minutes to purchase said pistol and it need not be registered with local authority. Id have to say I would go crazy if I lived somewhere like australia or britain or even faggorific california where gun laws are outrageous. I always keep a fire arm around the house with a magazine ready and loaded, normally I don't keep one in the chamber but always have one ready to were al I have to do is cock it and pull the trigger and there goes Mr. Retard who just tried to break in.

As far as whether or not the increase in crime was accounted to gun control or not look at Britain(spelling?), when they got their guns taken away crime sharpley rose there to. Anywhere there has been a gun ban crime has risen. Maybe the gun laws said you can't have it loaded and blah blah but whos to say the criminals knew that the people that owned them couldn't have them loaded? Most criminals don't seem to be to up and up on laws and what pertains to be legal. So the could just know hey citizens have guns but be ignorant about the fact that they are unloaded and in a safe? Theres lots of factors that go into all of the statistics but from all the statistics i've seen it seems almost every time someone bans guns crime goes up. Heres a few links to videos EVERYONE should watch before considering banning weapons.

First one is a parody but so fucking true

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFMRRr5h9Wk

These two videos are of a police cheif(?) or something of that nature from california and a dude conducting tests VERY true no lying bullshit here.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fc...ature=related#

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgr3kTU68uw&NR=1

But what ever I am proud to live in a state with awesome gun laws and such and heres my sexy new gun I just picked up the other day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/0114091416a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/0114091153.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/0114091416.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/0114091413.jpg

In line with the Australia crime topic. I did a research project for my history class freshman year of high school. I looked closely at Australian due to them having some cut off point in which guns across the nation were banned. I remember an official line graph on the gov's stats site showed practically no change in the crime rates slow decline before/after the ban.

btw, the email thing with all the stats on the previous page is kind of dis-proved here:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

Terrorist chip implant program

THE PATRIOT MICRO CHIP is intended to be implanted in terrorists.

The implant is specifically designed to be installed in the forehead.

When properly installed it will allow easy location of said terrorist and allow the implantee to speak to God.

It comes in various sizes ...

The exact size of the implant will be selected by a well-trained and highly-skilled technician.

The implant may or may not be painless.

Side effects, like headaches and nausea, are temporary.

Some bleeding or swelling may occur at the injection site.

Please enjoy the security we provide for you.

Best regards,

The United States Marines

post-6205-1232202079_thumb.jpg

That's twisted, man.

I like it! :)

Actually, though- if implanted through the forehead, the recipient needn't worry about pain; if any is experienced, it will be VERY brief.

Yer right he needn't worry. But it's not like there's any evidence from subjects to argue otherwise heh!