APC Forum

Gun thread(random but still slightly pyro)

AprenticeChemist

Well I was just thinking this would be a good topic since im sure a good few of us probably have firearms here and since technically they do have to do with pyrotechnics being that they wouldn't work if it wasn't for the explosion of DBSP propelling a lead object very far.

So unless the mods want to get rid of this thread start discussing firearms. Which ones you own or which ones you'd like, or if your some kind of hippie discuss why guns are bad and it can be a political discussion. The only thing we won't discuss is if anyone is constructing their own firearms because most of the people on this forum have broken the law by making fireworks, manufacturing illegal firearms doesn't need be discussed.

I myself have a nice AK-47 with adjustable stock, a .308 SMLE god damn thats sexy, and a peice of shit Magtech 7022 .22cal. Obvisouly im for guns and feel we need less gun control due to the fact any place you go in the world the crime is the worst in the places with the strictest gun control.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swede

• WarezWally

• AprenticeChemist

• TheSidewinder

Well, I'll let the head honcho decide if this goes or stays.

It really has nothing to do with pyro or chemistry, but I agree that the erosion of gun rights is another assault on our liberties, by those who think they know "what's best for us"....

Yea the thread itself has nothing to do with pyro but then again it is in the random section. So whos the head honco now mumbles? I know he was one of the main guys back originally.

We had our firearm freedoms taken away from us quite some time ago due to some nut job killing 35 people. Although we will never get our freedoms back, the bastard who implemented the laws is gone for good and there may be some hope with the new government.

I would like to own:

Colt 1911

.303 Lee-Enfield

SKS

Mosin-Nagant

Mauser Kar98k

In the U.S. at least, it is 100% legal (federally) to make ANY class 1 weapon that you would be allowed to purchase from a gun store. This means you can make a handgun from billet, put together a semi-auto AR-15 from parts, and if you obtain an approved BATFE Form 1, you can make your own silencer... gotta be 21, of course.

State laws vary; California and NY are the worst. But the vast majority of states, you are good to go. Scratch-building firearms is a serious hobby with a lot of enthusiasts, and I am one of them.

Here is a silencer I made AFTER being approved by the feds via a form 1:

http://www.5bears.com/nc/nc22.jpg

The internals, called the "baffle stack." This is where all the science is applied. A good stack is not an easy thing to do...

http://www.5bears.com/nc/nc20.jpg

I am far more comfortable relative to the law building firearms than doing Pyro. I am in the process of becoming a licensed Pyro guy, so hopefuly I'll be 100% legal very soon. What gets guys in DEEP, DEEP trouble with the feds is making or converting a firearm to full auto. Without the correct licenses, it is not a slap on the wrist, it is a big felony with guaranteed penitentiary time, and people are busted quite often. The judges take a dim view of this activity. I am amazed at the number of yokels who post youtube videos of their illegal homemade silencers and machine guns. You think pyro youtube kewls are bad, look at the gun kewls.

Summary: if you can legally own it (firearms) then you can legally build it, with the SOLE exception of machine guns, which requires a type 7 FFL/SOT.

I would love to have a Thompson M1 A1 SMG. I would be happy with just that.

The Thompson is a rifle right? Like I could own it when I turn 18 unlike a pistol? Don't say its illegal now b/c I know a Fed that wants one and is working on buying one and its completely legal. As long as it was made before a certain date then its legal. Thats what he said.

If it is a live submachine gun, then yes you can own one, but any firearm classed as a MG (machine gun) requires age 21. If the MG was built AND registered before 1986, it is called a transferable MG and if you live in a state that permits MG ownership (most do) and have a clean record, you are good to go.

Unfortunately, transferable Thompsons are highly-desired collectibles and command a premium. A 1930's vintage Thompson will fetch $25,000+. A WW2 Tommy, at least $12,000. It sucks, but there is a fixed supply (no more can or will be made) and soaring demand. Even entry level machine guns command $3,000 or so.

I'm sure there are some who say "Who NEEDS a machine gun?" No one needs one. We don't need fireworks either, or harleys, or private jets, or high-powered sports cars. We celebrate the freedom (and the great responsibility) that comes with all of these.

Thats a nice looking piece of machinery you got there swede. You by chance have or will to get a video of it in action?

I would like to own one the the newer Desert Eagles, in nickel if they make then that way. I love the look of the gun. As much as Id like to have one of them monsterous .50AEs I dont think I would enjoy shooting it much. Id rather stick to the .375 version. Its still a pretty powerful cartridge and still is managable. Plus you get a few more rounds.

If it is a live submachine gun, then yes you can own one, but any firearm classed as a MG (machine gun) requires age 21. If the MG was built AND registered before 1986, it is called a transferable MG and if you live in a state that permits MG ownership (most do) and have a clean record, you are good to go.

Unfortunately, transferable Thompsons are highly-desired collectibles and command a premium. A 1930's vintage Thompson will fetch $25,000+. A WW2 Tommy, at least $12,000. It sucks, but there is a fixed supply (no more can or will be made) and soaring demand. Even entry level machine guns command $3,000 or so.

I'm sure there are some who say "Who NEEDS a machine gun?" No one needs one. We don't need fireworks either, or harleys, or private jets, or high-powered sports cars. We celebrate the freedom (and the great responsibility) that comes with all of these.

I know they're getting way up there and the price of Ammo is crazy, 4 to 5 bucks is what I see for a 50 cal round and 50 bucks for a case of 9mm. Its sucks.

I would also like to go hunting with an AA12. LOL. Have you seen them?

BTW, I don't fully understand what that weird thing is up there. With the holes and what not.

That's the internal baffling from his silencer/suppressor, mormanman.

Personally, I've always lusted after a genuine .44 Auto-Mag, but good luck getting your hands on one of those. They very rarely appear on the auction market, let alone a regular "gun shop". And you have to make your own brass for it, last I heard.

I settle for playing with my Combat Commander or Trooper Mk III (both Colt) when I need a handgun fix. When I want a long gun, I take out the Marlin .17 HMR and go to the target range. Great little flat-shooter. I get dime-sized groups at 100 yards. If it weren't for the inevitable "flyer" in every 5-shot group, it would be a half-dime. If I'm feeling flush with money for ammo, I take out Dad's old sporterized WWII M-1 (.30-06). Iron sights only, so no such groups at 100 yards, but I do keep it within the 8-ring anyway.

Here's my last outing with the Marlin:

http://www.marlapp-supply.biz/ext-pics/dialed-in1small.jpg

http://www.marlapp-supply.biz/ext-pics/dialed-in2small.jpg

P.S. I'm a cheap bastard and put 4 (or 8) more "bullseyes" with a Magic Marker, on each paper target I buy. The above target is cropped in on the best group on that particular batch I shot. The other ones were about nickel-sized groups.

I would love to have a Thompson M1 A1 SMG. I would be happy with just that.

The Thompson is a rifle right? Like I could own it when I turn 18 unlike a pistol? Don't say its illegal now b/c I know a Fed that wants one and is working on buying one and its completely legal. As long as it was made before a certain date then its legal. Thats what he said.

It depends on where you live if you want to purchase a Thompson at 18. Laws very from state to state as to age. I know federal law you have to be 21 to purchase a "assualt rifle/shotgun" meaning anything with a pistol grip on it. But here you can pretty much buy what ever you want, the only thing that sucks is 21 to purchase a handgun. As far as gun laws go my state is pretty wicked. When I got back from basic training with a few grand in my pocket I went to the gun stores found the ak47 i wanted next day came back and within 20 miniutes I had my very own Semi-auto Ak47 with a nice box of 1000rds.

Thats a pretty bad ass silencer you have there how long did it take you to construct and what material did you use?

As far as firearms on my wish list that I could actually possibly get in the next year or two. The real wishlist would be to many and most of them I won't be able to afford for a couple years.

WW2 Luger 9mm but if possible the .45 although itd cost me an arm and leg

Colt 1911 .45

Springfield XD 9mm or the .40 the basic one I don't like the tactical or compacts

Mosin Nagant probably the m44 version since its shorter

Im going to tell you something about the .17HMR. Before they came out with it on the market at all, me and my dad had already can up with the idea of a 22LR necked down to 17 caliber. We made a few casings up, not really haveing experience it took us a few to get a nice looking one. We did make one with a live shell leaving the factory powder in and loaded it with a V-Max bullet. Looked crazy bad ass at the time. We didnt think much about the idea or using a 22mag shell. We did think about making a bunch up and scattering them around shooting ranges and stuff to see what would happen when some gun enthusiast found this shell that didnt really exsist yet, but we never did. And we never shot a round do to not having a gun for it. Then a few months after we finished playing with it my dad brings me this article about the new .17HMR that someguy came up with. Then a little after that some mexican guy IIRC came out with the 22LR version, like we were making. But I dont think the smaller version ever took off. I havent heard of it since. But for $12/box for HMRs I think Ill stick to long rifle lead.

Thats a nice looking piece of machinery you got there swede. You by chance have or will to get a video of it in action?
Thanks psyco. No video yet. I promised some guys on a silencer forum that I'd do a video, so when I do, I'll PM you a link. I'd love a desert eagle too... one of these days, maybe! ;)

lol, ok. Yah when I find $1200 floating around in my bank Ill buy one :D

The thread is fine. And yes, I have been more or less head honcho since about 6 months after APC became APC about 6 years ago.

The thread is fine. And yes, I have been more or less head honcho since about 6 months after APC became APC about 6 years ago.

Ok see I wasn't to sure about that because I remember it was you and I think NEsler and Mr. Yuk that started APC im not sure its been so damn long. But I couldn't remember which one was the main main guy. Its crazy doesn't seem like 6 years already.

So whats everyones coolest weapon they've got to shoot?

Id have to say my favorite all around would be the M249 god that shit was sexy as hell, had it for our main FTX in INfantry AIT. Loved it.

Oooh Rifles thread! "yeehaw!" :D

Hmm... The most expensive gun I've shot is probably the SASR\.50 BMG "Sniper rifle" ... a Barret M82A1 :)

I've shot an assload of rifles though... The Mauser Kar98k, Springfield M1903 .30-06, Ak-47 (not sure on specifics on this one, buddies dad brought back from Vietnam), and an Armalite? AR-15... that was a fun gun...

I'd love to shoot a .50AE Dessert Eagle though... I also lack the $1200 floating around :)

The biggest handgun I've shot was probably the .357 Magnum out of a Colt Python... I do have a .32\.38 Special lying somewhere around here though... I think it takes paper Cartridges :P I have some pictures...

Well, I don't personally own a gun but whenever I go to Poland I go to the firing range, I have fired a .45 and some .22 rifles when I was starting. This time I'm going to try out the shotgun shelf, and ofcours try out a .50AE since I am old enough to fire it (says the firing range) :D

Coolest weapon to shoot? Hmm, thats kinda tough. Kinda depends on the situation and what you are looking to accomplish.

For effect, I would have to say the H&K MK-19 was definitely a blast. Heh, no pun intended.

As far as fun to shoot, I would have to say my MP5SD, however, I think my soon to be new favorite is going to be the H&K 416. Its shoots very well. Controllable full auto bursts. Standard short barrel, and of course, the reliability of H&K. If/when I purchase the 416 I also intend I getting a can for it.

Gun crazed nation if you ask me.

I own an Air rifle :rolleyes:

Never did shoot a real gun, would probably get hooked on it if I did try it though.

Im waiting to get my bolt action 2" mortar rifle made, that'll be fun to shoot :D

Ha... That reminds me of something stupid I did a while ago...

A BP powered paintball gun... A bunch of lift bags taped to paintballs were throw into a 3/4" CPVC mortar then ignited with a small piece of Blackmatch ignited by a Flint striker...

Don't worry... It wasn't handheld, and the lift amounts were minute since the paintballs are almost a perfect fit in 3/4" CPVC...

I would kill to shoot a real HK 416.

I personally have

SKS

bushmaster xm-15 (ar-15 copy)

mossberg 500 12 gauge

hipoint 9mm carbine

Next gun i'm getting is something that shoots 7.62x51 (.308)

The hand guns are coming when i turn 21....one more year for them. Is it actually legal for a civilian to own an automatic weapon in the united states? I thought you had to be a member of law enforcement and fill out some form.