APC Forum

Gun thread(random but still slightly pyro)

AprenticeChemist

I bought 2000 paintballs and they seemed to be undersized to the point the roll out of the gun. So I was shooting them at a board using my potato gun, then I tryed a little hand held 1 3/4" gun thing I have, its a paper mortar with a handle. That didnt work much better, I was trying to waste them up, I didnt make much an impact on 1500 balls.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swede

• WarezWally

• AprenticeChemist

• TheSidewinder

I am sure Swede can elaborate further, but as long as you are not a felon and apply for a tax stamp from the ATF you are Federally allowed to own a silencer or automatic gun. Of course there are state laws to contend with and my understanding is that the Sheriff also has to sign off on it.

I currently have a select fire MP5SD along with a few other similar toys. Possibly going to be the owner of a H&K 416 here in the near future if I can work out some of the details. If you are sharp you can read between the lines on this.

I personally feel so long as you are not a criminal and don't have any mental issues, you should be able to own and play with whatever makes your heart content, be it silencers, full auto's or pyro. But that is a political rant which we will not touch..

Ya... It took about a gram of BP a shot for my paintball mortar... Seeing that paintballs are about 3 grams? I can't remember since the last time I weighed one... and small mortars take more lift, proportionally, than large mortars.

They make paintball barrels with interchangeable sleeves, so different sizes of paintballs can be shot from the same gun\barrel.

I heard FA was hideously expensive...the MP5SD, how much was it? Was it two tax stamps because its FA and silenced?

(Quit making the Canadian jealous)

I personally always wanted a silenced ruger mkII

Like stated before, you can own a fully automatic weapon its just a matter of how much money you have to spend and if your a felon or not. If you want a fully automatic weapon in the US you are going to need a LOT of money as they cost thousands and thousands of dollars plus you need to get the tax stamp. But you can own any one you want, theres a video online of a big machine gun shoot this range hosts in Kentuky I belive where you can bring any machine gun you want, rent machine guns and have fun. And people bring in fucking mini guns, M2 browning .50cals, any just about any other you can think of not to mention flame throwers and many other things that would make you cream your pants.

Yes thats the one I was thinking of its at Knob Creek. The video they have is pretty fucking sweet its like 10 miniutes long of just all the differnt shit that goes on there. Some day im definatly going to go. Theres a few other places in the US where you can go to a certain range and rent a fully automatic weapon to fire and its not to bad on price. The main thing thats going to cost an arm and leg is ammo because I know I go through ammo like nothing in a semi auto so full auto it'd take 1000rds to keep me happy for just a few miniutes(exageration). Haha

Unfortunately there is no range within an hour drive that I know of that allows full auto fire. Only semi auto and even then they get mad if you are pulling the trigger too much and god forbid you bump fire something they will kick you out. Automatics are fun but overall a waste of ammo for normal target shooting. It would deffinitely be a nice feeling to be able to click the select fire to full auto and pop off a 30 clip in a couple seconds from something. I would assume you also have to be 21 to get the necessary paperwork to get a full auto gun right? I cant see them letting you get a full auto rifle/submachine gun at 18 but gotta wait till 21 to get a handgun.

and yeah the videos of the machine gun shoot at knobb creek are awsome watching a whole line of antique and modern full auto fire. That would be an awsome experience even just to go and watch.

Up here where I am there are a couple of indoor ranges that RENT full-auto guns. Naturally you have to buy the ammo from them.....there's the hook..... Bring a barrel of cash and have a barrel of fun.

I wish I'd spent the money and filled out the class III paperwork years ago and had the stamp to buy a bunch of the old Thompsons for $2000 a copy, and Stens and MP40 for $500 to $1000. I don't have any full-auto stuff of course, but If I'd put the money into them years ago instead of my 401k I'd be retired now. Well, maybe not.... I'd have pissed it away in ammunition.

Where the fuck could you buy any of those three guns for that price? I mean unless your old and talking about many many years ago? Because the very few thompsons ive seen were at least $3000 but those have been semi the only time ive ever seen a MP-40 was in the teen police acadamy when they shot one they had confiscated. But I know that the MP-40s are a very expensive gun as well. But yea you could easily use guns as a retirement plan depending on which ones you get because guns only go up in value as time goes on unless you beat the hell out of and such.

So I went to the gun store the other day and am trying to figure out which gun I should get next. Im thinking about trying my hand at hunting this year so ill probably be getting another nice high powered bolt action.

The few im looking at getting is a nice AR-15, a Mosin Nagant(Possibly the M44 version), an M1 Garand, or possibly a K98.

If I get the AR its not really for hunting since if im going to shoot a deer id like to take that bitch down in one shot.

The laws which govern full auto firearms in the U.S., as onerous as they are, are one of the success stories of sound firearms ownership. Since 1934, when the law was enacted, there have been only TWO murders committed with a legal FA firearm, and one of those was a rogue cop. MG owners are a law-abiding, safe bunch, much like professional (and serious amateur) pyrotechnicians. They take responsible ownership very seriously indeed.

There are a couple hundred thousand transferable machine guns available to law abiding U.S. citizens. No more will ever be made, and no machine gun made after 1986 can be owned by an average joe. Because of soaring demand, and fixed supply, the prices have skyrocketed. I had a buddy in 1984 who bought an M-16 carbine for $800. He sold it a year later, for $800. Today, that gun would fetch $12,000, easy.

Only four years ago, you could buy an Uzi for $2,500. A MAC for $300. Today, the Uzi is $7,000, and the MAC $3,000. A lot of old-timers have collections worth millions that they put together in the 1950's, buying surplus WW2 arms, like 1919 MG's for $150 (worth $18,000 today) and German MG-42's for $300 (worth $40,000+ today)

It is borderline insane. Barring new legislation, the prices will only go up. :( A classic case of "You snooze, you lose."

Rogue: I don't know how much it cost. My understanding is that H&K is no longer making MP5's nor are they coming into the US anymore. So what is here is what we got, thus the prices have sky-rocketed. I wanna say somewhere in the $15k - $35K.

I would imagine you only need one stamp though for a MP5SD as it's an integral suppressor/it's part of the gun, not an addition. Did I mention how much of a pain in the ass it is to clean?

I can't lie, it's a fun gun to shoot. It pretty much shoots itself and you can empty a full 30 round magazine in a matter of seconds and keep every round in the tic tac. However, I have always had the opinion, if you are going to fire a shouldered weapon, make it a rifle round, not a pistol round. It has its place.

I hear ya on the silenced MK II. I have wanted one for a while and just haven't gotten around to it. Not to mention they are kinda costly now.

Swede, if you don't mind, PM me, I would like to bounce something off you.

AprenticeChemist, since the assault rifle ban sunset you can get AR's for a decent price. I have a bushmaster which I like. My buddy just picked up a Les Baer Custom AR which is... SWEEEET!

Why they don't allow importation, I don't know. As for why they aren't going to mfg the MP5 anymore, that is a good question. It's a great gun, extremely reliable and used by just about every Tactical Unit the world over. I know they seem to be pushing the UMP7, but that I know, it's not really taking off so much.

And in a slightly related note:

Our US Supreme Court showed SOME spark of intelligence yesterday, rulling that individual handgun ownership was a right, and that total bans against them are unconstitutional.

Within 15 minutes of the ruling, the National Rifle Association announced plans to file a number of lawsuits against municipalities who had enacted outright bans.

Now, if only pyrotechnics were so protected.....

That was a bit fucked to be honest, it was fairly clear to me that you guys should be allowed 'arms' (the writers of the constitution were incredibly smart in regards to forward thinking)

Why on earth they were legally allowed to ban firearms is beyond me personally (I have a small grasp of your legal processes, being from Australia and all).

Where the fuck could you buy any of those three guns for that price? I mean unless your old and talking about many many years ago? 

Yup, I'm an old f**k.

Warez, you're spot-on. How the hell couldn't anyone read the Constitution, which was written in plain English ON PURPOSE, so that the voters could understand it, and not understand that the right to keep and bear arms was non-negotiable is beyond me. FINALLY, a win for the good-guys. If only they'd written "the right to keep and bear perchlorate....."

DC is firing back, pardon the pun. Since Heller said "YES" to handguns in DC, the District, in its fascist way, has decided that they get to decide the TYPE of handgun. And they have selected the revolver, an invention of the 1830's, as the correct weapon for its citizens. Semi-automatic pistols are verboten. Lovely.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view.asp?a=1237&q=547431&pm=1

All Firearms including handguns must be registered with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Firearms Registration Section before they may be legally possessed.

Automatic and semi-automatic handguns remain ineligible for registration.

The Supreme Court’s ruling is limited to handguns in the home and does not affect the legality of firearms carried outside of the home.

The Metropolitan Police Department will urge residents that do obtain licenses to carry weapons in the home to also keep that weapon either disassembled or secured with a locking device (not a current legal requirement).

"Semi-automatice pistols are verboten."

Yet revolvers allowed... hmmm.

The last time I checked, revolvers are not bolt-action.

Unless they are talking about flint revolvers.

DC is firing back, pardon the pun. Since Heller said "YES" to handguns in DC, the District, in its fascist way, has decided that they get to decide the TYPE of handgun. And they have selected the revolver, an invention of the 1830's, as the correct weapon for its citizens. Semi-automatic pistols are verboten. Lovely.

Leave it to the goddamn Liberals to think that the law doesn't apply to THEM, because they're so much more knowledgeable and "enlightened" than the rest of the unwashed masses.

They always look for ways around a clear-cut law, and in their ignorance think they are doing more good than harm.

I say line them up and use them for target practice by those who can now defend themselves.

I've been at camp and I heard about this and I knew you guys would be all fired up. My scout master who works for the FBI was pissed. Its them nanny liberals. I was upset too b/c I want a gun, a revolver mainly. My scout master said, "If they take away my guns, then I'll fight back."

Im glad that the supreme court is at least 60%not retarded. From what that little excerpt shows it seems pretty fucking retarded. They advise gun owners to keep their guns DISASSEMBLED? What the fuck is the point of a weapon if its not usuable. That would go over real well "Hold up Mr. Robber with a ILLEGAL gun while I put my gun together and then take off this lock and then load it and protect myself this will only be a few moments"

When I had my own place I usually kept my guns in AMBER status which means a loaded magazine in it but no round in the chamber sometimes id have it RED which means one in the chamber but then I lived on a BAD side of town, unless I had company in which case I took the magazine out and hid it. Never once have I ever had a lock on my guns except for when I got my first .22 and was living with my mom and she required that. Locks are pointless unless you have kids, lock is not going to prevent a firearm from going off. I will never have a lock on all of my guns until I have children.

I have multiple guns and multiple clips for each. I never leave a round in the chamber but i do keep one clip full for each gun. my 12 gauge is loaded buckshot,slug,buckshot,slug in the tube. My ar15 has one loaded 30 clip (the ten clip and other 30 I keep empty)I dont keep the clip in it though. I dont keep my sks loaded because i dont like leaving the bolt in the back position i'd rather keep it closed and when you close it a round goes in well you can take it out as your closing it but its not worth the hassel when the 12 gauge is on amber status although i do keep 3 of the reloadable strips aka bandoliers and they hold 10 each. My hipoint 9mm carbine always has a clip loaded and not in the weapon. No matter what town your in there is no need to keep a gun locked and loaded with one in the chamber. Serious how long does it take to pull back the lever or pump a shotgun. Its not like you have the rifle/shotgun on you so your going to have to walk to where you keep it and in the time you are walking back to the threat or turning around from where you pick it up you can put a round in the chamber. Idk about everyone else but i am very proficient and quick with loading my weapons. practice makes perfect. so pretty much i keep one clip of each gun loaded yet not in the gun except for the 12 gauge which stays loaded but none in the chamber or as AC said amber status. Trigger locks are a waste....just get a good gun safe and keep the key on you.

Ok. This is my opinion on guns, war and all the fu*cfed up violence in the world. STOP the killing! Learn to get along or the human species will eradicate itself in nuclear destruction. When it comes right down to it shooting bullets or hucking nukes at one another is the same as the primordial apes throwing rocks only on a grandeur scale. If the resources that we use to develop weapons and wage war were spent on making the world a better place to exist in we would all be better off. The only thing that continues the cycle of violence is huge amounts of money going to the arms manufactures.

Without WWII we would be years behind where we are now.

FrKoNaLeaSh1010 - You seem to have clip confused with magazine, a clip is device used to load a magazine.