OneEyeCharlie

Y.K.Y.A.P.

... when you have 3 or more coffee grinders, and they're labelled
... when your friends collect cash register spools without you asking
... when you get a longarms license just so you can buy BP
... when your property is listed in a permanent NOTAM
... when you see your workmates count your fingers every morning

• 1 month later...

...sitting in your workshop alone waiting on your wife, when she clearly said we were going to make fireworks tonight a few minutes ago during a romantic dinner.

...or thinking she was crazy for mentioning it, because I never build them in the house, let alone the bedroom...

Edited by gregh
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

BUMP! Great thread!

When you can mix 70-30 or 75-15-10 pretty much by eye :D

Or your chemical stash WAS your 401K... :P

ENDBURNER.... is not a digested habanero.

Damn you man. You made me spit out my coffee and almost shit myself of laughing :D

• Like 1

When you choose toilet paper, kitchen towels, cooking paper and other rolled things based on the cardboard tube they're rolled onto.

• Like 2

You browse the local supermarket shelves looking for the right shape - You find it, and when you get home you promptly discard the contents, and use the container as your next ball mill jar :) and I'm always on the lookout for something better!! A better shape, a nicer one. I'm sure there's better - a much more lovely one with appropriately shaped curves and a tight fitting lid - and much more nicer than the last one. Hmmmmm.

Don't get me started about my casual strolls down the baking section. Corn flour, other flours, sticky rice, sticky fingers, sugar etc... yum. :wub:

Please don't tell anyone about my pyro fetish.

btw. Mikeee, I take it that your "401K" is your retirement fund - much like superannuation that we have here in Oz.

Edited by stix

When you and your friend considered joining chem 11 in high school to take some of the chemicals they had there

When you're beginning to realize that you may be addicted to building salutes

When you have to explain to your mom that you're not making an actual dynamite roll with a countdown timer and that you're making a movie prop

When you stop by the parcel mailing store and ask for what tubes they have only to be very pleased with the 50+ great quality tubes they give you

You go to garage/yard sales on weekends and look for cheap golf clubs with titanium heads.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Every loud hiss you hear freaks you out cause you just made a bunch of smoke flares.
  • Like 1

you get jealous when your wife gets invited to a tuperware party

• Like 1

You cringe when a new member to the forum asks about M8**s.

You read the replys, and celebrate when older members try to steer the new person in the right direction.

You think about taking up a donation for Mumbles and sending him some kind of award, for he is just 5 posts shy of 10K here as of my post.

IMHO, that is just total hardass dedication to the art of pyrotechnics, especially considering what he has been through. I am not trying to get approval from Mumbles or any one here. Just saying what I thought needed to be said, and give respect to all the other members who contribute.

The topic was "You know you're a Pyro when" ...but IMHO, a real Pyro has years and years of hands on experianace and mentors others.

Edited by Shunt

you know you are a pyro when you look at the toilet paper roll and wonder if you or your childs pet rat will get ilyas soon as the paper is all gone!

you know you are a pyro when you are more excited with the tissue paper for christmas than the present its wrapped in.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

...You hand your wife and child wet brooms and they run for the pasture saying, "Not again!".

....you're planning the upgrade of the tool that hasn't even arrived yet.
  • Like 1

No matter where you are you automatically scan your surroundings for any explosives to move away from or remove from the area before flicking a lighter.

Edited by Seymour

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Quickmatch does NOT refer to a feature in OKCupid

E match has nothing to do with dating

When you go through more wax paper than a bakery.

Edited by PhoenixRising

If you dig through the empty boxes at the liquor store looking for the chipboard dividers.