APC Forum

Best Cherrybomb recipe, and waterproof fuses?

hummeldike

Please do not confuse salutes with high explosives. While some flash mixtures may cross the line from low to high explosives, generally most pyrotechnic items are low explosives.
  • Like 1

For all we know, the OP could posses an ATF explosives manufacturing license. Also, making/owning large salutes does not automatically mean that your going to lose a finger or get severe burns. If your an idiot or careless (or both) then you could get injured, but so can you with a rocket or even a fountain.

For all we know, the OP could posses an ATF explosives manufacturing license.

I'm not entirely sure, but i THINK cherry bombs are illegal regardless of your licensing. You might get away with specific intent applications for demonstrations, and / or videotaping purposes, such as movies and stuff.

B!

For all we know, the OP could posses an ATF explosives manufacturing license. Also, making/owning large salutes does not automatically mean that your going to lose a finger or get severe burns. If your an idiot or careless (or both) then you could get injured, but so can you with a rocket or even a fountain.

That could be true, but chances are probably that he doesn't. If he had already put forth enough effort, time, and capital, to get local, state, and a ATFE licensing. His 12th post on this board, would probably not be asking for the " best cherrybomb recipe" and the best place to buy fuse.

• Like 1

Regardless of this crap , we have posted rules to follow , and if you cant comply with them then don't be here , and it strictly states don't post things on flash , m-80's or any similar devices. We are based on pyrotechnics not boomers , please stop arguing about this as weather he is licensed , legal, illegal or a boomer or not it's against the forums rules .....

" 10. This forum is for intelligent discussion of pyrotechnics, chemistry and related topics. It is NOT for illegal activities, violence and destruction. Do not post material from the Anarchist's Cookbook or other such materials. We will not teach you how to "blow **** up". If that is all you're interested in, you will save your time and look elsewhere. Those simply here to try to learn how to make salutes and other similar devices should save the moderators the trouble of banning them, and simply leave. Discussion of salutes, flash powder, and other similar topics is discouraged and may only be done in the most intelligent of manners. Those not abiding, are not welcome here."

Link to rules for all who seem to reluctant to read them , or to lazy to find them .... -http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/48-forum-rules-read-first/

Stay Safe And Stay Green

~Steven

Edited by pyroman2498
  • Like 1

That could be true, but chances are probably that he doesn't. If he had already put forth enough effort, time, and capital, to get local, state, and a ATFE licensing. His 12th post on this board, would probably not be asking for the " best cherrybomb recipe" and the best place to buy fuse.

Yeah, true!

The combination of the words "cherry bomb" and "waterproof fuse" should have been enough to bring the ban hammer down after the first post. Anyone could discern the OP's intentions. But by all means keep it going, I'll make some more popcorn.

In pyrokid's defense, I appreciate his decision to give people the benefit of the doubt... He consistently does so.

I respect that quality, but I also agree with Peret that the OP's intentions were clear. Not to mention had he used the search bar he would have found the answers he was seeking.

Peret ? Will that be fresh popped or microwaved ? Edited by Carbon796

What exactly is the popcorn command anyhow?

Popcorn command ?

#getpopcorn-micro for micropopcorn,

#getpopcorn-stale for pre-poped from the store.

#getpopcorn for fresh poped on the stove / machinepoped.

Usualy used in combination with:

#getsoda-<%flavor>

#sitreclainer-<legpossition>

Anyway, thats all superficial. If you didn't already know, then your matrix terminal probably doesn't give you spawn access.

B!

As mentioned by Maserface and Psyco_1322 in this thread

/popcorn

I think the command for popcorn is !popcorn... could be wrong though...

:huh:

You all really do have to remember that there is no mandate to respond to a thread. If you don't feel comfortable responding to a question or request, then don't. I do it all the time. I will then keep an eye on it, just in case someone else chooses to not be as judicious.

All the speculation is bullshit anyway. Licensed or locally legal, if you gotta ask, you're not ready.

I do feel that hummeldike means well in general, which is why he's still around. Probably fairly young, and clearly relatively new without much experience. It's also pretty clear that his information sources are poor at best, and he isn't taking safety seriously enough yet. I think it'd be a greater service to try to steer him down the correct path, rather than let him fend on his own. His posts will make me caution what sort of information I provide, but he's not a lost cause.

• Like 3

I'd really like to know the difference between these "cherry bombs and M-80's" and the salutes that people shoot at PGI all the time? It's a container, with flash, with a fuse. What the fuck makes one different from the other?

Dude wants to make a 3g cracker, who cares!? He could come to PGI and shake and bake 1 kilo salutes all week and no ones going to give a damn. They let anyone in as long as you sign your name and have safety glasses, with no regard to their actual knowledge or work habits.

Well rules are rules and its been stated in this thread what those are.

As far as the PGI goes, you had better show good knowledge and safe working practices or you will be looking at highway.

No, I have to agree with Psyco. The rules at PGI differ depending on who you are, with little regard to working practices. It seems like if you are part of the old boys club and have safety glasses on, the rules are bent.

Aren't noise makers in the same governing rule as a shell? Store it or shoot it within 24 hours ?

No, I have to agree with Psyco. The rules at PGI differ depending on who you are, with little regard to working practices. It seems like if you are part of the old boys club and have safety glasses on, the rules are bent.

Could very well be but the rules on this forum are for everyone correct?

That's debatable. If you are new and unproven you probably won't get much leeway. If you have shown yourself to be knowledgeable, know the risks and dangers, then you will probably get more detailed information about potentially more hazardous projects.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon, or rocket scientist, to mix 2 chemicals together. It does take some knowledge to do so while minimizing risks.

• Like 1

Who do you think goes around and patrols things in manufacturing? The loaf heads running it are standing up by the table, the "safety" people are the same ones that are making stuff, since it's now mandated you put in volunteer time. So the level of "safety" is restricted by the particular persons knowledge. I really don't understand why we need safety people wondering around anyways.

Who do you think goes around and patrols things in manufacturing? The loaf heads running it are standing up by the table, the "safety" people are the same ones that are making stuff, since it's now mandated you put in volunteer time. So the level of "safety" is restricted by the particular persons knowledge. I really don't understand why we need safety people wondering around anyways.

I love that about you psyco, "loaf heads"... I am guessing that you favor anarchy over order?

Et all, "We" loaf heads are just enforcing the Guilds guidelines, we don't make them or write them. Yes, it is true that the limitation is their knowledge base and we don't look for the things spoken of here but focus instead on fire lanes, press safety, electrical hazards and egress. The builders know what can and cannot be made onsite, it's all in the rules of convention. Open flash is prohibited, period. There is really no way to make a cherry bomb or M-80 without open flash as the mixing is not going to happen effectively and then it would have to be hung, fused and lit according to the Ground Salute lines directions.