APC Forum

Best Cherrybomb recipe, and waterproof fuses?

hummeldike

ok i get it. some people just never were taught respect. can't blame them any more than you can blame a lion for eating a gazelle. i'm done here.

And some people were never taught where the shift key is....

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

16 posts under that beautiful purple wig. There is no way thats a troll. A troll has 100's of posts. Well, a successful troll has, anyway.

I'm going with that it is simply confused.

Nobody told anyone to fuck off. Quite the opposite. But it should come as no shock that people are suggesting other ventures then to make hard shrapnel producing firecrackers that when all things are considered are amongst the dumbest things anyone can make. Hell, even the factory produced ones cost hands & fingers on a regular basis, improvised manufacture isn't going to be any safer, especially not if you have to ask about how to make the stuff in the first place...

B!

Yes I agree with you. I mean come on, I know you guys are against salutes, but a guy just gave the only information on how to make these which just happens to be a pretty dangerous way to make a cherry bomb. And nobody told him a safer way to make them. Is that really protecting your hobby? Better off telling them the right way then leaving them misinformed from a youtube video telling them to mix matches with the stuff from the sides of matchboxes...

And nobody told him a safer way to make them. Is that really protecting your hobby?

Thats mostly about liability. Someone recommending a better way of dealing with producing these, and he hurts him self, or someone else, and you can be held liable. Nobody is really willing to take that risk.

B!

Thats mostly about liability. Someone recommending a better way of dealing with producing these, and he hurts him self, or someone else, and you can be held liable. Nobody is really willing to take that risk.

B!

How easy is it to track someone down over the internet to sue them? And would you not tell them to take all responsibility for their actions?

How easy is it to track someone down over the internet to sue them?

Not that hard. Your IP is usually stored with every post you make. And if not, they just demand to know your last known IP from the forum host.

Along with timestamps and all. They pull the info from the forum owner, and then go ask the ISP owning that IP who had it. At this point they are pretty much able to knock on your front door.

If you live with family, relatives and such, thy can start rifling through your equipment to find out who is the actual user.

Hell, there are forums with sections dedicated to find out who people are, and they don't even have the legal ways of doing it provided to them, and they still get it right.

B!

Your IP is written at the top of each post, near the number. That's how they can search for multiple accounts from the same user. They have search/filter tools also to check posts made from a given IP, etc.

They can then ban that IP from registering, or logging in.

Example, if they searched my IP address, they'd realize I'm also wild cherry. :D

(Just kidding)

• Like 2

Sure...

But you'd be foolish to think federal authorities couldn't track you down if they really wanted too.

Well, that would depend on what, and how many proxies your willing to bounce through. There are a few services out there that let you be pretty damn untraceable. At least for when it comes to past events. If you use a known service at a time and point when they want your info, they will just demand they seize it, and hand it over.

But lets face it. Most of us, if any, doesn't use a proxy other then our ISP's (if they have one) to post on these forums. And, its not as simple as posting only the posts your worried might be scrutinized from a proxied location, since they will more then likely check every IP your account ever posted from, as far back as they can get data.

B!

Well and there comes the big questionmark, what is the forum software really tracking? How long do they store records, do they store records at all? Storing ip adresses costs hard drive space and gives you pretty much nothing. Thats why many servers don't do it. What is far more important to categorize them and store schematics for analysis. Also if you don't store 'em sou have nothing you can give to someone of you get asked to.

For multiaccounting it is useless to store ip adresses, about 80-90% of all private ip adresses are dynamic adresses, static adresses are quite uncommon, because they are expensive. So if you try to use ip adresses for multiaccounting in most cases you can only say for sure that two accounts are using the same provider (except maybe if the logins happen within short time periods).

If you wan't to find out who is someone behind an account, there are a couple ways, first the allready mentioned ip adress and cross checking with the provider. Problem here 1 st you need the posters ip adress, 2nd you need acces to the providers database. Many providers are officially statting how long they store adresses. Most that I know state 48 hours or less. The one i got has 24 hours after first assignation (you keep an address for 24 hours).

But there are other much easier tools to use, like google air. If you manipulate a website in a way that it sends a geolocation question to someone who opens a website, and the computer responses it can be easy. Also for manipulation you don't need to do crack the server, this can be done e.g. inside normal signatures.

For proxys they are great at hiding ip's, but the question what do they also do. You wan't a proxy that acts not only as an ip-mask, you want it to act like a normal computer for the target and parses all information onto you. Things you also want to hide here are e.g. operating system or standart fonds.

If you use more then one proxy you also need to make sure that all connections are propperly encrypted. Only the output relay -- target connection can be non encrypted (but better is). Concepts that use those technics are e.g onion-routing or mixcascades, with the later being the stronger in theory (not in practice due to some non technical problems).

• Like 1

Well, that would depend on what, and how many proxies your willing to bounce through. There are a few services out there that let you be pretty damn untraceable. At least for when it comes to past events. If you use a known service at a time and point when they want your info, they will just demand they seize it, and hand it over.

But lets face it. Most of us, if any, doesn't use a proxy other then our ISP's (if they have one) to post on these forums. And, its not as simple as posting only the posts your worried might be scrutinized from a proxied location, since they will more then likely check every IP your account ever posted from, as far back as they can get data.

B!

Very true

• 4 years later...
Hey I know this post has been dead for a while and I'm not looking for information on the construction of these devices but I am curious if made using industry standard flash powder is there much danger in handling them once assembled or just the actual assembly of them thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

That has a whole lot to do with storage and handling practices. However most of the danger would under normal circumstances being during construction. Again though some methods of construction could also make them more dangerous to handle and use. Simply put they are some of the most dangerous of pyrotechnic devices period . I do not have facts to back this up but more people have probably been injured by them than anything else. If for no other reason than how people use them. Instead of lighting on the ground and getting away people like to light them in their hands and throw them or try and place them in things while lit some times their idea works sometimes they run out of time and lose parts of themselves or their life.

Edited by Piccaso
  • Like 1

Well i have seen several comments about pyro's in australia! And i can almost guarantee that very few, if any are doing it legally since it is illegal for a pyrotecnision to make thier own display gireworks or any explosive devuce without a special licence to make comercial explosives! And i only know of 1 such person in the state that i live in with such a licence and he make real rocket fuel! For space launches! He is based in jimboomba! Very jealous i must admit! That he can do it legally! I know i probably shouldnt say this on here, but i live in australia, and i am on this forum as i want to make sure i stay safe, just reading thru posts i pick stuff up! It is amazing, in a country that amature pyro is illegal how easy it is to get things like al powder and for that matter perchlorate mg, and a hole range of other goodies (and baddies) if we had terrorists here we would be fucked! But they still go on about them all the time! Any fool with half a brain could get some nasty stuff here if they have ebay! Silly we cant even buy fireworks at any time of year in all but 1 state in aus

Sorry for the typo's it is late!

Oh and if i am wrong and someone has more information on the subject to do with amature pyrotecnics in australia, please fill me in because i would love to not be commiting an offence to enjoy my hobby! But moving to a different country is not a solution im looking at! I do not set things off in residental areas and my neibours are elderly and i mostcertainly do my best to avoid conflict or attention i have a friend with a very large proprety and he very much looks forward to seeing me!