APC Forum

CONFIRMED - Dagabu is the injured man

Peret

Hey Dag... dang. well, if you like..I have some good sausage and jerky recipes. They have nitrates...

Glad to hear yer on the mend , man.

Great to see you back Dag. Your accident sounds horrific, and I hope recovery is as quick and full as it can be.

While I understand that we are all making a decision to endanger life and limb by in this hobby, I consider you to be sensible and safety conscious. I think it's worth dwelling on this, it could be any of us at any time.

Importantly, you are back on APC again and you are alive for your family. :)

Welcome home Dagabu. Happy to hear your recovery will be good. Your input is missed on APC.

Dagabu,

Good to hear that you are doing better, I know it was touch and go the first month for you.

When the time is right it would be nice to know the details of how it happened.

We all need to take proper precautions to avoid these kind of accidents.

Take care Dagabu, and get healed up.

Mikeee

Dave, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Holy smokes I couldn't believe it, just read about this yesterday. You have many good years ahead of you. Sounds like you have a great attitude and that will help you heal fast. Take care. Eric

Dagabu, even from over here, in Sweden, you'll get some love. My best wishes goes out for a speedy recovery to a fellow pyro.

Recovery time of "the next couple years" does say a lot. It's going to be sad not having you around here much, or at all. What about the needs of the many over the needs of a few... Right, poor joke. For real tho, i hope and wish that you do make it back sooner or later, and with that i'm going to end.

Take care, and good luck.

B!

Dag you are in my heart and thoughts. I've read many threads in the past two months or so before deciding to join APC and Dagabu is one of the names that lends credence and surety to the info here as well as the culture. I'm truly sorry to hear of your accident and wish you a strong and speedy recovery. Be Well.

Dave,

Hope you have a speedy recovery, hope to see you back here on the forum when you are feeling better.

Although I am new on here, I have read plenty of post by dagabu in the last 6 months which makes this news a shocker to me. I hope you have a speedy recovery man.

Keep fighting rocketman you had me scared for a minute.

my family have been following your progress on caringbridge and sending our prayers your way.

We really are glad you are on the mend.

Dan.

Never even heard about caringbridge, until it was mentioned here. Found a few other folks on there that I knew who were members and are in the process of recovery.

• 3 weeks later...
Am also glad to see Dave posting here. I had never heard of people being sedated for so long for deep burn recovery. A co-worker last week was mentioning that a friend was burned and I mentioned that I knew of someone who was put into a induced coma to avoid most of the horrible pain that must rack the body and mind. If there was ever a choice, I would definitely take the induced coma over the other option of just sitting and waiting for relief to happen. Take care Dave,,day by day!.

Nevermind Edited by nater

• 2 weeks later...

Dag,

I have been away from pyrotechnics for a while (work related). I heard about your accident just today and wanted to wish you well - get better soon brother so you can get back to the pyro scene again.

I've been lurking for a little while before making an account here, just trying to soak up the knowledge. But I made an account to say how much I appreciate your activity and helpful attitude.

You have been an incredible contributor to this community, and you have an excellent way of phrasing things in metaphor that makes us newbie pyros really understand. My heart truly goes out to you, and I've never been without my safety gear ever since. Thank you for reminding us of both the glories and dangers of this hobby, and helping us learn. I hope you will continue to be active on the forums if you can.

• Like 1

Whew! been a while. I hope you all are doing well and staying safe.

My burns are starting to heal, my face is smoothing out some and my compression gear is helping with the other scars. The fire was completely unexpected, we still have no idea what started it but there is a lot of speculation from people that weren't there and don't know me at all.

It is a fantastic idea to wear all the gear but remember that even the best gear is subject to you wearing it properly and making sure that your gloves are 100% leather. Thick cotton pants and jacket saved me from getting burned even more than I was and a full face mask would have left me in the clear.

I know of no hobbiest that wears all the gear 100% of the time they are around flammables, let alone pyro so you all may have to rethink all of your activities that involve any type of vigorous materials, even reloading can get you.

Dave

• Like 1

Hey Dag, glad you gettin' better!

I rarelly wearing cotton clothing, I guess it's time to change :P

Keep up on healing!

Dave, you're one tough guy! I got very worried when I saw this thread. Thanks God you're alright and recovering!

Dave,

Good to hear from you, glad to hear that you are healing.

I know those first few weeks and months were touch and go with your complications.

Hope everything else goes well for you that you are dealing with.

Picked up some arm length thick leather welding gloves and a long duration fire rated racing jacket to wear when working with the chemicals. If you guys ever watch the drag racing forums like I do,, they have to swap out there fire suits every year depending on the class. you can pick up a full suit (jacket/pants/nomex head sock and fire rated arm length driving gloves) for cheap. The face shield is unfortunately just a welding shield,,but for now it is better than nothing. working on getting a better one very soon.
  • Like 1

@Dag: It has been a while since I have been on APC. it is unfortunate that I missed your return. My apologies, I've had a crazy few months as well. I am happy to hear you're progressing nicely through the healing process. I probably won't be on as much for a while, so again forgive my late response to your return.

@Everyone else: Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well.