APC Forum

CONFIRMED - Dagabu is the injured man

Peret

A local newspaper has named him.

Police and firefighters from Wyoming responded just before noon to a report of an injured male in the 7000 block of Lake Boulevard (US-8). They found 47-year-old David Gustafson with burns to his hands, arms and face. He was transported to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, where he remained in critical condition Monday.

http://forestlaketimes.com/2013/05/22/one-hurt-two-arrested-following-explosion/

so my question is was it illegal to make fireworks in his state? i hope he has a quick recovery

The one incident everybody who tried this hobby fears most...

Even more scary that this happens to an obviously very experinenced guy.

Lets hope he gets well soon, that's the most important part of the story.

was it illegal to make fireworks in his state?

Even if it wasn't i can imagine the reaction of police ect. would be the same.

Also " illegal manufacturing operation " sounds like they suspect something commercial, like these illegal M80 operations.

If you do this hobby on a big scale, somebody might get this idea.

As far as I know, Dag is a legal hobbyist. What he was doing in someones garage, involved in an illegal operation, is my question?

so my question is was it illegal to make fireworks in his state? i hope he has a quick recovery

It's hard to tell what the truth is with how many articles are floating around, but if the charges against the other two are accurate to the article in the above link they've been charged with a crime that shouldn't apply to the situation. Incendiary devices in every legal definition I've ever heard are devices manufactured with the intent of causing harm or property damage, something that should be easy to prove was not the case here. Explosives might be a harder thing to get around if the state has anything specifically on the books saying it's illegal to manufacture them with any intent. Federally they're ok. It's a lousy situation one way or another.

Edit: To make things more difficult, in one video I saw from the local CBS affiliate, they jumped straight to the conclusion that the fireworks were being made in this home 'factory' and sold on the black market. No evidence whatsoever for that claim. They just made it up and ran on about it for a solid two minutes.

Edited by NightHawkInLight

Legal consequences aside, I hope Dagabu recovers quickly and healthy again.
  • Like 1

Please we will unite our prayers and energy restores & sends to our beloved friend health.

My thoughts and prayers are with Dagabu for a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by pyrowinner

Poor guy! It was only on last weekend I was emailing him! I wish him a quick recovery Edited by ollie1016

Ooohhh...

I Wish him quick and good recovery

I hope he will not have serious troubles with the police

Holy Shit! I just saw this thread. Dagabu, I wish you a hasty recovery, and the best of luck with any potential legal issues. My prayers are with you sir.

God, I hope his burns aren't horrible. My thoughts are with the rest of us here, wishing him an incredibly speedy recovery and that he was doing this legally and no serious legal trouble will come to Dagabu. Get well soon, man.

I pray that he has a fast and good recovery and his family is doing good as well. It must be hard on all of them. God be with them all..........Pat

Has anyone heard anything new about this? Dagabu, I'm sorry man. It really sucks to hear that this happened to you.

Well that just put a damper on my day, hope dag is okay.

gotta love the news... "Insert some bs story here to increase ratings"

I hope he sues.

I was also under the impression he was legal, so if that be the case, he'll be fine Law wise. the hospitalization part i hope is also over dramatized.

Dag is and will always be a valuable asset to this forum. Hope to see him soon to sort this out.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the hospitalization part was not overstated. However the good news is that his condition is improving.

FUCKING SHHHH******T, First it was mumble in a long time ago, and now Dagabu ? what's happen ? :o :o :o

Even the pro swimmers drown. thats what happenin'.

I wouldn't call Dagabu a pro actually.

Though it remains very shitty and I wish him a good recovery.

i hate to hear or rather read such stories :glare:

Best wishes from germany....

I am pretty sure Dag was legal both federally and locally as he had said in some other posts a while back that he actually got along pretty well with the local AHJ so I dont think anyone here need worry about Dag in a legal sense and sounds like it wasnt his house so just wish him a speedy recovery. I just hope that the other guys werent up to no good and throw another spotlight on the hobby thats already over scrutinized.

Dean

It's hard to tell what the truth is with how many articles are floating around, but if the charges against the other two are accurate to the article in the above link they've been charged with a crime that shouldn't apply to the situation. Incendiary devices in every legal definition I've ever heard are devices manufactured with the intent of causing harm or property damage, something that should be easy to prove was not the case here. Explosives might be a harder thing to get around if the state has anything specifically on the books saying it's illegal to manufacture them with any intent. Federally they're ok. It's a lousy situation one way or another.

Edit: To make things more difficult, in one video I saw from the local CBS affiliate, they jumped straight to the conclusion that the fireworks were being made in this home 'factory' and sold on the black market. No evidence whatsoever for that claim. They just made it up and ran on about it for a solid two minutes.

Exactly - not alot of truth in the media article alot of jumping to conclusions and using words that cause excitment.

Dag, How are you? good to see you back on the forum so quickly and best wishes for recovery.

Can you divulge any details about the accident or too soon? or at least your injuries?

After having a pound of bp go up in front of me, 2nd degree burns the whole of my right arm, I know how it feels and don't wish that pain and lengthy recovery upon anyone.

I was lucky enough that the law wasn't brought into it, and the bbq got the blame. the legal issues are scarier to me then regrowing skin and having scars.

best wishes, Anarchy

Both Dag and his wife have stated several times both publicly and privately that they wish to keep the details private until all legal and insurance issues are settled, which is smart in my opinion. Chances are we will not hear what really happened for some time.