APC Forum

CONFIRMED - Dagabu is the injured man

Peret

so true mumbles but thanks to his better half hacking his account to let us know he's all good as she put it boys will be boys but still a reminder to all of us

Sorry Dag, I guess I didn't see that post, I'll have to search for it. (in reference to what Mumbles said). I can understand why you wouldn't necessarily want to divulge such information. I hope all is well though.

Edit: Did she actually hack into the site or just guess his password? Just curious...

Edited by BurritoBandito

I don't know but it may have to do with the self incriminating part... telling details too soon could end up being used against him in the court of law.

Is Dag actually back or is his wife just accessing his APC account still? I just realized it was an awful big assumption that he is back. Forgive me if I am asking a stupid question that has already been covered, it wouldn't be the first time I've missed a relevant post on this topic.

As far as I'm aware, all posts from Dag's account since the incident have been from 'PG' - presumably his better half.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and minimal legal issues to all involved.

Dag is not in any position to post yet. He's had several surgeries and is having a rough time. There is a great danger of his extensive wounds becoming infected, so visitors are restricted and gifts of flowers, fruit etc not allowed, though I presume he's allowed cards and letters. You can follow Patt's daily updates here:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/davidgustafson11

• Like 1

Yes, thanks Peret

Good heavens, how did I miss THIS? O_o

Dave, thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family. We're thinking of you.

Mark

I've been away for quite awhile and juts read about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to Dag and his family, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

I talked to several people that know Dave last night, and it sounds as if he is having more health issues this week.

Don't know what else to say...............hope next week is better for Dave!

If there is anyone here who stays in Dags area please shoot me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, It's me, Dave. First, let me say that I covet your prayers from those that are willing to pray for my recovery, they are so important to me now. I just got out of ICU a week ago and am recovering at home.

I caution all of you to not read into the stories you have read in the news, they are largely baseless and have little or nothing to do with me, I was burnt and that is all, please don't waste your time speculating, it just muddies the water.

I have not read ANY threads nor have I read what you all posted here on this thread, I understand that there are some "haters" that have posted negative things and that is life, I will deal with that. The rest of you, I appreciate the Caringbridge comments and well wishes as well as the cards and emails, you have no idea how important they are to me.

I have very deep 3rd degree burns on my face, harm and hands but have not lost anything but I am changed forever, you will find pictures of the 'new Dave' on Caringbridge if you are curious. I will likely not be posting while I recover over the next couple years and I won't be answering questions about the fire as it is just too new and too soon, I cannot re-live the fire day to day so I will focus on the journey to recovery instead.

For those that need to know more, I was sedated and mostly unconscious for almost a month as they did surgery after surgery and debrided me so I have no memory of pain. I am fortunate to have a wonderful wife, kids and family, they are taking care of me daily and I hope to return to work in the next month or so.

Stay Green my friends,

Dave Gustafson

Dag, I commend you for your strength through all of this. Though I may have missed a post or two, I don't think anyone here was "hating" on you. We were all worried about you. There has been much discussion about the media and how they lie. Anyone here who's spoken with you before knows that you take the hobby very seriously and exercise great caution when dealing with compositions. I have seen the pics of you on caringbridge, you really DO look younger. With total understanding and respect for your situation I wouldn't have been surprised if you had never returned to APC. You really are very fortunate... I realize I may not feel that way at times, but based of the severity of your injuries things could have been much worse. You have a wonderful family and a devoted wife. Count your blessings and take it one day at a time. I am happy to see you back, even if only to fill us all in. You have no obligation to describe to anyone here the details of the accident, it takes a pretty big man just to go through everything that you've been through and to keep your chin up. I have much respect for you sir.
  • Like 1

much respect indeed and well not sure if or when you will get to read all the posts and the heart felt worry for your health and well being.

im not a very religious man dag but my prayers and many other peoples are going out for you its at these times luck is just a side note.

wish you the best for your recovery and very happy your wife and kids are there

• Like 1

The only negative note came from Eric Hunkins on Passfie, Dave, and what else would you expect from him? "Out of the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks". Without exception, everyone else has been supportive.
  • Like 1

I have a lot of respect for you dag. Years ago I read many of your posts as a guest from Google searches. That is how I found this great forum which I've only recently been a member. You are the reason im here. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us. I hope things get better and thank you.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the nice posts guys, I was referring to PF about the negativity, nothing but love here. :-)

I don't know what EH posted and doubt I will ever go to PF again, I see no reason to beat myself up with his hatred, I am focused on healing.

@chemtech89, I am so glad that you found APC and that I could encourage you but as I am a testament, be safe, wear that face shield and gloves, had I listened to my own advice, I would never have started this journey.

Dave

• Like 2

I've steered clear of passfire because of the biggotry that I've heard goes on there. I have no patience for pretentious assholes who have nothing better to do than badmouth others. Especially when those "others" are laid up in a hospital bed, with no ability to defend themselves against the slander. Screw Passfire, my loyalty lies with APC. You guys rock! The mods here do a good job of keeping things civil. I've seen one or two hateful posts by someone who is a member, and that person was quickly reminded that they don't have the "clout" here to be casting insults. I've never felt disrespected by a single member here. APC>PF!
  • Like 2

VERY glad to hear you're doing ok, Dave, thank you for checking in! :)

Just noticed this thread today, guess I should look at the safety section more often.

It's good to see you back among the walking, Dag, you have my best wishes.

Dag, my heart is with you, and I wish you the best of recoveries. Ollie