APC Forum

What is your local temperature right now?

Potassiumchlorate

Thanks for the run down, it looks nice. My mother likes the distractions so that she can join us without actually skiing (downhill) but she will do cross country if the trails are available.

Last time I did much out of bounds was in Colorado 7 years ago, almost got stuck in the snow once!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nater

• Potassiumchlorate

• dagabu

• TheSidewinder

People, people. Think about those happy guys like Pyrogeorge and Givat. They rarely have temeratures below zero. I envy them :mellow:

Low temps means dry air, which means shorter drying times, and drier end results. I like the cold times. Saves me on the bills for running the dehumidifier.

B!

Dry air also unfortunately means high static potential. It may go against common reason, but overly dry air is detrimental to proper drying of stars. Overly dry air can lead to drying too quickly resulting in cracks and driven in stars.

Yeah, i never work in a dehumidified environment. I don't know if it's due to living in a coastal city or what, but static charges are rare to start with, and i make sure to have a good grounded (with a discharge resistor in the loop) and have at least so far never had any static discharges in the work area. Cracking stars i've never had a problem with during the winter, but the summer (when i do use the dehumidifier for drying) has been somewhat less friendly. Driven in stars i've never had, not sure why i got that lucky. (Most likely due to them cracking instead?)

B!

• 2 months later...
Yesterday - swatting bees at 82 degrees; today - 46 with 30's windchill. Indiana for sure.

Mid 30s here, with snow and sleet. Still, it is the Midwest and if it isn't Spring unless you experience every form of weather in a week.

We have yet to hit 55 degrees. The "normal" temps are mid 60's now. This has been a long and very annoying Winter.

All I can do is hope this means a Summer where I don't have to turn on the A/C every damn day.

61 F here in Texas.

up to -2 at night to 12 centigrade . few weeks before we had tons of snow and about 0 to -10 centigrade, again, no spring, from winter straight to the summer.last yer we did get snow on 3rd of the May.finaly, i can do pyro outside again, not in that cold, humid, depresing basement... Edited by Oinikis

@Oinikis, Damn that's cold.

Halle-freakin-lujah.... we finally hit 60 for the first time Friday. Also hit the first 70 that same day too, lol.

Today was even warmer and tomorrow may hit 80.

About damn time, this Winter really wore out its welcome a month ago.

84 currently and muggy as florida, but yet another cold front is about to head butt us back down to the low 70's, nice, except for the low 40's overnight... hard to keep a garden with these temp swings.