APC Forum

What is your local temperature right now?

Potassiumchlorate

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nater

• Potassiumchlorate

• dagabu

• TheSidewinder

Send it down here! Or at least to mid Michigan.

57F this morning with Thunderstorms

Keep your snow, use to love it, as I get older I prefer warmer weather

Slight wind, -1-1.5c all day. Oh, and we got 4-5 inches of snow.

Skaane (southern Sweden) grinded to a halt. The officials went out with a "klass 2 weather warning" meaning, if you don't have to go out, don't. Don't drive. I've just come back from what usually is a 20 minute drive. It took almost 35 minutes, i simply had to spend 10 minutes at a halfway-point (parking-lot) slipping and sliding a bit, for the pure fun of it. The other lost 5 minutes was me being stuck behind a driver that apparently should have listened more closely to the weather warning. Don't drive in snow with inadequate tires. Good sight, no strong winds, evenly (packed) snow coated roads, why are you drawling around...? After that fella turned of i really needed the break on the parking-lot. ;- )

We got weather. Love it. Bring it on (And i'm told there will indeed be more of it, for another 2 days at least. Lets hope they are right...)

B!

32° F, 12" of the white fluffy stuff, Brought out daughter and her husband to the airport, 42 miles away, started out about noonish and got back around 4:30. 2" of ice on most roads but the fancy bridge that replaced the one that fell a few years ago was nice and clean thanks to bring sprayers.

Blew off the driveway three times (well, the kids and mom did, I had a beer) .

Enjoy that while it lasts!

My aunt from Minneapolis sent me a few pictures of the growing drifts in their backyard. I love the snow, but I am not envious of all the ice. Stay warm and safe!

Yeah, we have about 8-10 inches of snow here, and still coming down. They're saying we'll have 12-15 by the time it's all done. Both of the "Twin Cities" have declared snow emergencies, of course.

This is very reminiscent of the 10 December 2010 storm. Here's a pic of that, taken by my neighbor from her front door:

10-dec-2010-snow.JPG

It's not quite that deep here..... yet, lol.

32° F, 12" of the white fluffy stuff, Brought out daughter and her husband to the airport, 42 miles away, started out about noonish and got back around 4:30. 2" of ice on most roads but the fancy bridge that replaced the one that fell a few years ago was nice and clean thanks to bring sprayers.

silver lining to that injury after all :)

48°F outside right now. Edited by JFeve81

45 deg.F now and dropping in Tn. 28F tonight. Bad storm last night.

What seems like a foot of snow and around freezing...I hate winter!

Ditto. I can agree with those who say that a firework is more beautiful with snow and snowing, but I hate the cold, the slippery roads and streets, having to wear lots of clothes etc etc.

The worst with "bundling up" is going back inside. Especially when you ride the bus, like me. You get on the bus, your too hot, you take off your coat, you get off the bus, your too cold, you have to put your coat back on, you get on the next bus, and it starts all over again. I almost wish we didn't have heating, and I could just find the right balence of warm clothes and stick with it--instead of constantly adjusting. Of course, I'm just whinning. Great thing about snow though, risk of fire goes through the floor. Great time to try out new things.

• 1 month later...
Its a winter and its bloody cold out here...

-4 with snow :)

dan.