• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allrocketspsl

• dagabu

• Thunderr1

• guntoteninfadel

3" and 4"

wheres the motor mate?lol nice job,cant wait to see them do what they do so well way up in the night sky! The blackness is my canvas!

wheres the motor mate?lol nice job,cant wait to see them do what they do so well way up in the night sky! The blackness is my canvas!

Oh I thought maybe I would just throw them off a hill or something.

Oh I thought maybe I would just throw them off a hill or something.

that might be a great contest to have,only no hills anywhere around me!

what, no swamp shells?

have you gotten your 3lb motor flight shortened,the thing about end burners is they burn to long mate for this contest

Ok So I think I got my motors figured out. Had to make a nozzle motor with hot fuel so that it would lift my 550g shell. The video below is a dummy shell to test it for weight with small report. I think it worked very well and hopefully will do the same with my shells on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoADF_6NTss

nice work the delay is perfect mate what size engine you using to lift the 550 grams? ALL

ps: I was under the impression nozzeless lifts more exp: 1 lb. nozzeless 450 grams 1 lb. nozzel 220 grams?

Edited by allrocketspsl

nice work the delay is perfect mate what size engine you using to lift the 550 grams? ALL

ps: I was under the impression nozzeless lifts more exp: 1 lb. nozzeless 450 grams 1 lb. nozzel 220 grams?

Good question, perhaps he needs to launch two more side by side each pushing 600g of dead weight to have a better understanding of the lifting capacity. He used a choke in order to increase the velocity of the gas stream and expected it lift more then the nozzleless motor.

Yes, he sure did nail the timing just perfectly, 3 seconds on the nose!

-dag

I think that is a valid question and I hope to answer it for you Rock unless you want to do it? I will have to bug my buddy to get in to do it this weekend and bring over some sand for the weights. Edited by Thunderr1

allrockets, i can't make any motors until the 22nd, then i will work on them. CA isnt like FL, i can't shoot whenever I want and go to a location :P my shoot site is 8 hrs away. but i do have a couple more vids to upload in the meantime :)

I think that is a valid question and I hope to answer it for you Pyro unless you want to do it? I will have to bug my buddy to get in to do it this weekend and bring over some sand for the weights.

Good idea, make some shells and a few rockets, lets see what they do side by side.

-dag

I think that is a valid question and I hope to answer it for you Pyro unless you want to do it? I will have to bug my buddy to get in to do it this weekend and bring over some sand for the weights.

was just curious if it was a 1lb motor or 2 lb motor that lifted the 550 grams?

allrockets, i can't make any motors until the 22nd, then i will work on them. CA isnt like FL, i can't shoot whenever I want and go to a location :P my shoot site is 8 hrs away. but i do have a couple more vids to upload in the meantime :)

no problem mate,the 22nd is still 18 days to the deadline! 3 seconds!

1LB, I made two more motors tonight and will shoot them side by side. One nozzle, one without both lifting 525g and hopefully both reporting at the same time (3Sec)

1LB, I made two more motors tonight and will shoot them side by side. One nozzle, one without both lifting 525g and hopefully both reporting at the same time (3Sec)

ok ,your saying your 1lb is lifting a 550 gram header?Or the whole rocket weighing 550 grams?I think the ladder! All

Nope, I witnessed and can verify that the can shells independently weigh 550g each, are mounted on .75" scratch made BP motors and 5/16" square by 48" long pine sticks.

The plan is to e-match them to fast (pink) fuse and drag race them on video. In any event, it will be a lot of fun to watch!

-dag

Nope, I witnessed and can verify that the can shells independently weigh 550g each, are mounted on .75" scratch made BP motors and 5/16" square by 48" long pine sticks.

The plan is to e-match them to fast (pink) fuse and drag race them on video. In any event, it will be a lot of fun to watch!

-dag

you need to contact Ned Gorski to let him know,thats a great motor if it handles that much weight nozzeless i presume

you need to contact Ned Gorski to let him know,thats a great motor if it handles that much weight nozzeless i presume

LOL! Nski already knows, DJ is the person that developed these motors, Nski just published them for Harry. I have lifted many a 900g 5" shell on 3# BP nozzleless motors.

Now, stop all this yapping and go build one! laugh2.gif

-dag

LOL! Nski already knows, DJ is the person that developed these motors, Nski just published them for Harry. I have lifted many a 900g 5" shell on 3# BP nozzleless motors.

Now, stop all this yapping and go build one! laugh2.gif

-dag

yeah yeah yeah tonight I shall test my two pounder and hopefully enter the heading in the contest but it aint fair,my 2lb so far has only lifted a 425 gram 4",550 grams should make for great shells,so it was no nozzel i thought so,lol

No, the one I just posted in the video had a nozzle. 1Lb Nozzle with 550g of payload with a 3 second break.

I made two more one with a nozzle and one without so we can see the difference side by side.

Edited by Thunderr1

I will take a nozzleless any day over a nozzled motor. They are forgiving, easier to make, easier on tooling, hard to CATO and have the nice slow lift I love so much!

Fuse them all the way to the top for a fast heavy lift, at the bottom for the lazy slow lift off.

-dag

I will take a nozzleless any day over a nozzled motor. They are forgiving, easier to make, easier on tooling, hard to CATO and have the nice slow lift I love so much!

Fuse them all the way to the top for a fast heavy lift, at the bottom for the lazy slow lift off.

-dag

well then it should make for some very interesting headers on all your students rockets i shall have to come up with a most unique shell for my putt putt rocketss!