APC Forum

bp rockets

allrocketspsl

I have a PS (pyrostuff) ballmill so thats not very interesting for me either.

But hey, I'll be glad to just take the fame.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allrocketspsl

• dagabu

• Thunderr1

• guntoteninfadel

wins a trip to new Zealand on Ralph

Will Ralph advise on weather and appropriate clothing?

Sorry, no frame, it says jar only blush.gif

-dag

Did you just fantasize an R in between the F and the A?

Read my friend Read..:whistle:

I make and sell those as a side line :(

-dag

Dag,

how do you cut the pipe? I stumbled up on some 12" sched 80 and have no idea at this time how I am going to cut it. Sent OG a message but have not heard from him yet. My piece is approx 5' long, belled at one end and probably weighs 50+lbs. My 6" pipe will fit in my chop saw but this stuff wont even fit in my band saw. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Did you just fantasize an R in between the F and the A?

Read my friend Read..:whistle:

Stop picking on me!

OK, I'm over it ;)

kind of jumped that one huh?

-dag

Dag,

how do you cut the pipe? I stumbled up on some 12" sched 80 and have no idea at this time how I am going to cut it. Sent OG a message but have not heard from him yet. My piece is approx 5' long, belled at one end and probably weighs 50+lbs. My 6" pipe will fit in my chop saw but this stuff wont even fit in my band saw. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bow saw... Nor being a smart A** but I think even a chain saw is a great way to chop it and then a spin on a wood lathe would give you and edge to cut down smooth.

OG bought a hydraulic guillotine to cut his 2huh.gif

-dag

Now if I can just remember where I put the bow saw :unsure:

I had thought of the chainsaw already but was afraid of the jaggedness of the edge. Had not thought of putting a piece on the lathe. Thats going to be really entertaing getting that big honking thing to spin.

Should be able to get some work on that done in a couple of weeks. I really look forward to charging big bertha for the first time. I will have enough bp to last for months!

Stop picking on me!

OK, I'm over it ;)

kind of jumped that one huh?

-dag

LOL.. I'll stop teasing you Dag..I see you're a sensitive guy.

LOL.. I'll stop teasing you Dag..I see you're a sensitive guy.

eyesights going , sign of old age :)

memory next, then those damn trips to the bathroom at all hours of the night. Oh and dont forget your hair falls out........oops, looks like that already happened!:lol:

eyesights going , sign of old age :)

Ole Dage? Haven't smoked one of them in years. whistle.gif

Thanks Gun! wink2.gif God only made so many perfect heads, looks like he had to cover the defects on all yours with hair. laugh2.gif

-dag

Edited by dagabu

Dude I shaved my head ONCE. I looked a whole lot like an ex con that had just recd a few months of chemo! Was going for that Statham/Disel look, not so much.... Edited by guntoteninfadel

thats a humble rocket man ok if you WIN you get the fame mate!

If I win, send the jar to the second place winner, I make and sell those as a side line :(

-dag

yeah sure of course mate

Bow saw... Nor being a smart A** but I think even a chain saw is a great way to chop it and then a spin on a wood lathe would give you and edge to cut down smooth.

OG bought a hydraulic guillotine to cut his 2huh.gif

-dag

try rope saw very efficient

Will Ralph advise on weather and appropriate clothing?

hum he hasnt responded to what I wrote so maybe not

sweet, im cool with 3rd. nah, no reports for minors :P ill send ya an old report vid, then an insert and shell comin' up here. I guess ill post what I currently have, then try to outdo myself at do-it

maybe he was using "metric" seconds :glare:

How closely are we going to be graded on the 3 second thing? Is that the real goal? I think I can accomplish that (be competitive) easier than I can with awesome, beautiful, great breaking, vividly colorful headers that I have already seen. Do not misunderstand, I am still entering!

Edited by guntoteninfadel

count fast lol! umm yeah ill fix that, just gimme a month or so. here's a resubmit for plain ole stars, can't redo the multibreak at the moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6aNeUtyXMk

i know its not the best, at least it was more than 3 seconds...

maybe he was using "metric" seconds :glare:

How closely are we going to be graded on the 3 second thing? Is that the real goal? I think I can accomplish that (be competitive) easier than I can with awesome, beautiful, great breaking, vividly colorful headers that I have already seen. Do not misunderstand, I am still entering!

na just guess for the 3 seconds,we can count just didnt want any 5 o 6 second breaks,that might be end burners,lol it will be hard for me to get 3 seconds than i think alot of you guys since my rockets are slow and easy lifting for me 4 secs. is perfect for apogee breaks,the main thrust of this contest is for me,to learn from everyone else and pick up a trick or two to help me over the hump so to speak, All

if i may be so bold,I challenge anyone who makes bp rockets of any size to make three can shells; one with reports,one with stars and one with inserts of choice and put them ontop their rocket.They must break at 3 seconds from leaving the tube to break.Judges be the forum!

(shells must break at 3 seconds from ignition)

: this is what i mean by tree second delay testing new batch of bp

UPDATEUPDATE: since no one is in need of ball mill jars the new GRAND prize will be: FAMEand knowing you gave it your all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!