APC Forum

Have you downloaded the Turbo Pyro Book?

TheSidewinder

Feedback to satisfy our curiosity  

504 members have voted

1. 1. Have you downloaded the Turbo Pyro PDF? Will you?

• Yes, I've downloaded it.
    • No, I have NOT downloaded it, but I will!
    • No, I have NOT downloaded it, and won't (for whatever reason).

If not, why does everyone write that it isn't free?
I'm not sure, but i'm thinking everyone is saying it's not free, partly coz it's not there anymore, party coz it was never "free". You had to sign up to the newsletter in order to be allowed "free" access to it. The later is most likely also the reason why nobody has volunteered to upload it, or host it somewhere for everyone to get at.

B!

Ok, if you just look around a little bit on the skyligter site and use Google, you will still find the Download link.

But, i would say its not really worth it, as he offers everyting and more under his free Project plans

• 3 weeks later...
id download it ive seen it around since they first started doing it but my moneys always been tight is hard to be a pyro with four screaming teenagers wantin this that n every thing else..

• 2 weeks later...

you should do now, as you are now a "full member" you only become a full member once you reply to a post somewhere on APC.

That explains that!

hi guys id love to down load this pdf but i can find it i looked in the down load area but maube im blind to what im looking for can you help thank

• 3 weeks later...
Why does this thread always show as being updated, even though no new posts are made?

People are voting. I turned off the option where the thread moves to the top every time a vote is made, but it still shows the new post tag. It might be time to un-pin this.

People are voting. I turned off the option where the thread moves to the top every time a vote is made, but it still shows the new post tag. It might be time to un-pin this.

Gotcha, doesn't sound like a bad idea to unpin it!

Hi,

I have been fascinated by fireworks my entire life, and would like to start make my own.

I have a little knowledge and have been firing shells from mortars for a couple of years.

But never gotten around to actually creating my own, mainly becouse i haven't found good learning material.

So i thought i would read the pdf, but can't find it in the downloads section, and i have been reading through the thread, no one has stated that it's not available anymore so i ask what i should do to download the pdf?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pyromagi

• 3 weeks later...

I had to google search "turbo pyro pdf" to find it, but it is still up on the skylighter site.

Next I'll drop skylighter an email to see what they can actually ship to me in Alaska.

Good reading, added to my py-brary as soon as I was able to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad to see Harry put the book up for download. That link is still valid, so those wanting the book, grab it now.

http://www.skylighter.com/turbo-pyro/book1.asp?x=1&fon

• 1 month later...

Well I downloaded it after reading this thread. I'll give it a read tomorrow night.

[torrent link removed]

Edited by Mumbles

Use the skylighter link, and pls delete the torrent. The forum is responsible for the post done here, and i would be pretty sure the torrent is piracy, so could get the forum into big trouble
  • Like 1

Use the skylighter link, and pls delete the torrent. The forum is responsible for the post done here, and i would be pretty sure the torrent is piracy, so could get the forum into big trouble

Okaaay. Misconception time. Torrents are NOT piracy. Torrents are links to "anything". There is nothing illegal about downloading a .torrent. The content it points to, may or may not be illegal.

So, on the topic of the TurboPyro Book:

Neither this book nor any part may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means,

electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, microfilming, and recording, or any information

storage and retrieval system without permission in writing from the publisher.

In theory my copy / pasting of the text above is a breach of the rights reserved by Skylighter. I think it falls under fair use, and shouldn't be an issue. I do think it's pretty safe to assume that Skylighter hasn't approved of the torrent distribution, but quite frankly, we don't know that. Free doesn't mean it can be distributed freely.

I would suggest editing the post removing the link, but i strongly oppose the notion that torrents per definition means piracy.

B!

Edited by MrB

It's unclear how Skylighter would feel about this, but they have every right to control how it's distributed. Since it's still available from Skylighter it's a moot point. I removed the link to the torrent, and included the link directly from Skylighter both here and on the first page. Something like this really isn't a big deal.

http://tp.skylighter.com/turbo-pyro/book1.asp?b=1

Also, to everyone else, please don't turn this into a soapbox discussion as to the merits and legalities of torrent services. I'm going to flat out delete anything else. There's been enough bullshit off-topic stuff on the forum as it is lately.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope he makes another book, I have learned a lot from this one and would love to get a 2nd edition if he's willing, I would buy it if he wants to sell it, but don't tell him that:)

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to DL some of the videos only. Is there a way to do this?

YES I HAVE, I AM PRETTY NEW, I HAVE BEEN READING ,WATCHING EVERYTHING I CAN,ON PYRO..I FOUND THE BOOK TO BE A VERY EASY READ, I ACTUALLY MADE A COUPLE OF THE PROJECTS. I WAS GLAD I DOWNLOADED IT. BEING NEW I AM WEEDING OUT SOME OF THE ONLINE INFO.. ESPECIALLY WHEN FORMULAS OR USE THERE OF ARE DIFFERENT DEPENDING WHERE I FIND THEM.. IM TRYING TO BE A VERY SAFE LEARNER. ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR FROM INTELLIGENT,INFORMATIVE, AND KNOWLEDGABLE, PYRO BROS. LIKE YOURSELF..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! YOUR FRIEND PADDY