APC Forum

Plans for the 4th of july?

FUZE

Yup, that's a "Girandola in a Box", so to speak.

Interesting. I've not seen one of those before. Nice idea, whoever puts it out. But I'll bet it's pricey...

M

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• asilentbob

• DeAdFX

• crazyboy25

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard LadyKate talking about some class C girandola type things from Kellners a month or two ago. I believe she saw the demo and wanted to know the prices.

LadyKate is a confusing situation. There are three pyros living in the same house/computer/internet connection. Dan Creagan, Kate something or other, and her boyfriend. LadyKate is technically a girl, but when you see posts by the name on rec.pyro or anywhere else really, there is a chance to get any of them. So ladykate is female some of the time.

• 11 months later...

I assume this is ok to bump this thread for this years 4th even though this thread was for last years?

I hope to have ~1 kg of charcoal stars and another kg of colored stars made by the 25th of June. I just wish I had some K dichromate and Iron oxide for velines prime :rolleyes: I will make due with NH4 dichromate and Copper oxide :(

This will be my line up of my junk

2"/3" mines [for sure]

Hand pressed Whistle comps(1/2") [for sure]

Some Salutes [for sure]

Fountain/lances [for sure]

Wheels (maybe?)

Hummers? (maybe)

Sounds good DeAdFX. I am thinking of posting in the depression thread as I am most likely going to work on the 4th and don't have much time before hand to set up.

I will most likely be able to set up several 2" and 3" mines. I wish I could get more, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. We'll see though.

BTW, why did you imply that fountains and lances were in the same category?

Well sometimes I am kind of lazy and I don't use nozzle in my fountains and call them a lance/fountain. I think that is mixing up terminologies though cause a lance is a slow burning comp and fountain is something that produces a large amount of sparks and what not...

also could someone point me to good a site that i can upload a vid of it would really like to share

www.youtube.com, everyone should use youtube for vids and imageshack for images, both are direct not some stupid rapidshare or photobucket, which just sucks

I'm volunteering to help with a local 4th of July show for experience... So im busy on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th... Then perhaps some later day ill shoot off some shells and starmines...

I don't know if i can make myself make enough charcoal in time...

I got money too late for this year's fourth. I'll still be getting ready for the Summer though. I'm still in school so it complicates it even more.

well i wont have much to set off becasue i didn't get my chemicals and mortars for a while so i guess i will have:

whistle rockets

salutes

belt of firecrackers (storbought and homemade)

slight chance of me finishing my 4" aerial shell

the rest will have to be storebought if i can find it

I'm hopeing to have

24 3'' ball shells

12 3'' can shells

and a bunch of other stuff like exploding targets, fire balls, salutes, etc ect, plus i'm going to my dad's frends place, they buy sooooooo much 1.4 G stuff it's insane. i can't wait. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Um I will most likely go to a kegger and try my best to get some action.

make some salutes and some ground bloom rockets. Just the basics ya know I won't light much considering I will be anebriated from thunderbird wine/.

I enjoy the cities firework shows, the smaller towns have the better ones, it's weird.

I have some stuff planned. It will be last minute before I know for sure. A roundelle, sun and planets, farfalle, and some brocades and willows for sure. Everything else is still yet to be decided. I have practically unlimited chem access and mortars up to 36" at the moment, so the sky is the limit.

I have some stuff planned. It will be last minute before I know for sure. A roundelle, sun and planets, farfalle, and some brocades and willows for sure. Everything else is still yet to be decided. I have practically unlimited chem access and mortars up to 36" at the moment, so the sky is the limit.

you are lucky i would be lighting way more except police are cracking down on illegal fireworks and i donrt have a permit (i wish i did) also it is really hot and dry here so fire risk is super high :(

Show was canceled (in the middle of setup)... I'm pissed and tired from hauling equipment everywhere... Fucking bureaucrats...

What i got was wet, muddy, sweaty, and tired...

I also got experience... but since we didn't fire a single shell... it doesn't count for that 5 shows requirement to become a pro pyrotech...

However all the guys i met were cool. 2 out of 4 were into DIY like me and had both brewed and stuff... we are likely to do shows in the future together... and/or get together and shoot stuff off.

I was gone until last night, so I will be doing some small stuff, checking out the city display, playing with sodium and firebreathing some. Probably celebrate with some HEs later on this week.

well I'm done.... me and my neighbor probably went through 400 shells. 3 hours. we once did 50 shells in about 10 minutes. I went through three lighter (cheap bastards). I still have stuff left over. about 3 bricks of bottlerockets. yeah.

anyways I hope everyone else had a safe, cop free, 4th. Later.

I just shot some consumer fireworks. The only thing I did out of the ordinary was modify one of the shells into an aerial salute. It was actually quite impressive.

Swany, I'm also a fire breather. B)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/DB_Pyro/censoredfire.jpg

Our towns show got rescheduled today due to a storm that still has yet to show up lol. So a couple friends of mine came over and we lit off a crapload of commercial stuff tonight with my family. Also, I made a 3" starmine with a bunch of random star comps I had lying around, it was really awesome looking. And I had a 1" spherical salute that I filled with a green flash comp that Mumbles posted. I think there was like 2 grams in there, it didnt look real green but it was pretty loud. And I made a 2" shell today, I threw it together really quickly. It was a couple old homemade paper hemis, I didnt have time to paste so I just used some fiberglass tape. I used 3/8" cut Chrysanthemum of Mystery, and about 1.5 grams of a KNO3/Mg plus BP mix booster in the middle. I had Balsa Bp coated rice crispies as my main burst and I filled in the empty spaces with some meal. It weighed about 50 grams, I used 8.5 grams of lift. Anywaaays, it was my first shell that actually worked, it looked really great, and I really feel like I accomplished something. Im so happy. Hope everybody else has a great fourth. :D

well I'm done.... me and my neighbor probably went through 400 shells. 3 hours. we once did 50 shells in about 10 minutes. I went through three lighter (cheap bastards). I still have stuff left over. about 3 bricks of bottlerockets. yeah.

anyways I hope everyone else had a safe, cop free, 4th. Later.

WOW i just lit off a couple of commercial fountains not bad but not aerial either :( also i tested my 1-1/2" firecracker with no more than 3g of flash WOW almost blew out my eardrums and i was 10 ft away. anyway hope you guys have fun lighting off your big stuff mine remains unlit :( but its like a warzone outside you literally cant go 20 seconds without hearing something big go off too bad im not there.

Hmm my 4th wasn't to bad. My whistle drivers/comps I made blew up. Every single one. I wanted to try something new by using copper (II) Oxide in them as a burn rate catalyst. Hmmm rather dumb idea. I must say 25 grams of whistle mix is a force to be reckoned with. 74/26/+3 KClO4/Na Sally/Vasoline is way powerful enough for my purposes.

My 2" / 3" mines weren't to shabby. My red colored stars kinda blew balls but my NH4ClO4 blue stars were fucking awesome. I also had a bunch of charcoal stars + d1 glitter made. These were just as awesome as my blue.

Next year I wanna make aerial shells.

O yeah almost had some casualities. 2 cars were driving by just a couple seconds after I lit one of my mines. Sigh I wish the old people driving would have listened and stoped. I am happy the other car stoped though otherwise I would be in shit city(+ the ladies inside were kinda cute).

(+ the ladies inside were kinda cute).

haha he baby sorry bout lightin' your car on fire...and almost giving you a heart attack....wanna go out some time?

(+ the ladies inside were kinda cute).

haha he baby sorry bout lightin' your car on fire...and almost giving you a heart attack....wanna go out some time?

Ladies love pyro boys.

My july 4th was ok i guess, i feel some of your pain asilentbob, i didn't get to shoot off any of my stuff because i went to a friend's house and his dad didn't like homeade stuff, so i'll just have to do it tonight. but it was cool to meet someone in person who knows as much about fireworks as i do. and it was fun to shoot a bunch of an+al gun targets. :)