APC Forum

Plans for the 4th of july?

FUZE

Anyone planning anything for the 4th of july? I have planned a show for family and friends, I love the 4th more than any other day america has. My show is gonna have:

15 Roman Candles-9 Shots each(Red,White, And Blue)

24 Aerial Shells-22 Singles(multy color) and 2 italian multi-break

13 Salutes-3 1/2" aerial's

And a pyro sign that says:G.O--P.U.R.E--P.Y.R.O!

Also tons of commercial fireworks! :ph34r:

Hope some other people got some plans. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• asilentbob

• DeAdFX

• crazyboy25

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone planning anything for the 4th of july? I have planned a show for family and friends, I love the 4th more than any other day america has. My show is gonna have:

15 Roman Candles-9 Shots each(Red,White, And Blue)

24 Aerial Shells-22 Singles(multy color) and 2 italian multi-break

13 Salutes-3 1/2" aerial's

And a pyro sign that says:G.O--P.U.R.E--P.Y.R.O!

Also tons of commercial fireworks! :ph34r:

Hope some other people got some plans. :D

I'll be shooting a display, not sure which city yet, so I'll not get to do my own stuff at home.

If I can find a place to shoot I plan on doing a host of 4" and 3" aerial shells.

LOL... every year for the last 5 or so, the St Paul police have retreated to Harriet Island and *TRY* to enforce the law at the celebration on the Island. This leaves our (and a million other) neighborhoods free to indulge our tastes. Needless to say, EVERY house around me was shooting last year, laws be damned. I had to look only as far as the blocks immediately around me to see shell after shell after shell going up and off. Lots of people have cakes, Roman candles, crackers, rockets, you name it, it was shot....

It's about time the slimy politicians in this State did something the PEOPLE want, instead of what they do to line their pockets every Legislative session, and rescind the stupid fireworks laws here....

My neighbors and I are already plotting for this year. :D

M

So far no plans...... I won't be home for the actual 4th of July. My family will be on vacation and I won't be able to bring my stuff. Well....except maybe for a few little things. Oh well, Myrtle Beach South Carolina is like a pyro party on the 4th so I'll still have fun with the comercial stuff on the beach.

When I get back I want to have a small handful of stuff.... At this point I had planned on having a lot of stuff done and I havn't even started anything! I'm broke and so is most my stuff.... Plus I can't get motivated, I haven't touched my stuff in maybe a month.... :(

No one around here wants color, but my 4th commity always has lots of commercial stuff, last year we laid our hands on a few 3" flash, this year we are going to have ALOT of high explosives, everyone loves the sucker punch they get when a nice 1/2 pound charge of AN/Al goes off. My personal job is the more exotic HE's instead of just Tannerite (ANAl). I am thinking about doing a few nicely sized charges of ANFO, and a few FAE's. My list is still formulating....

Hahaha the 4th of july thread always shows up really early. ^_^

I probably won't have time or the place to make fireworks this year sadly. :(

But I do plan on going back home and on the way is a phantom firworks and I do make good money at my job now so I will have a big budget this year. I'm planning on purchasing all my fireworks for my show. I just need to get home and make some mortars for the show.

I still have yet to make up my shopping list but I do planning on getting a lot. B)

I don't know what I am going to do yet. With my new ballmill/star roller being made next weekend, I will OF COURSE have to practice star rolling. Something tells me there will be a lot of shells and mines though. I'll have 10,000 stars sitting around, and I'll have to do something with them.

As with last year, because of school/my living situation (aka all my stuff is someplace else and I don't have a workspace/testing area where I am living now), I won't be making much, if anything. My city puts on a very good show that I'll go to, and hopefully I will also help my neighbor shoot his backyard 1.4g (class C) show. I'm trying to buy some 1.4g for myself, but my first plan for buying wholesale with somebody else fell though, so now I'm looking into another source for decent prices that I've used before. I refuse to pay full retail! I'm hoping to get some stuff and save it for a while to use at a school event later.

I am the same as most here, not knowing what I will be doing.

So far the one thing I know I will have is a large waterfall, with 30 or 40 drivers. I also found out that my friend kicks ass. He is the one with all of the permits. At the last launch he said to me, "You know, if you want, I'll order some class B for you. 3" shells are a buck a piece and 6" are 20 bucks." He even said he was going to get a 12" shell and asked if I was interested. I'm going, HELL YEAH!!!

Of course I will have a lot of salutes to apeal to the chimps ( 18-25 year olds I know.)

I hope I can finish my secret project in time for the fourth. Mumbles knows what I'm talking about. Nothing like seeing Red white and blue ;)

I would damn near kill for $1 3" shells. Thats the price for the 1.5 inch shells that I have to go through a big hassle to get. Its the main reason I got into making my own fireworks.

Yeah, it pays to know someone who orders straight from Kellners. They are the people who supply phantom and other firework outlets. It is a good life I have to say, but it is still fun to watch your own shells paint the night sky.

Yeah, There is nothing like seeing a good strong 6" shell shoot up with a silver trail and burst with colors. I love making my own fireworks it's alot of fun as long as you keep a level head and are safe.

I plan on/am/have been making lots of stuff. I plan on having several 6" shells colors changers, saturn shells and others. Many 4" and 3" shells. All different kinds/colors/effects. I am also making wheels, rockets, cakes, mines, candles, helicopters and whatever else I can. I think my stuff will be too large for the backyard this year so I need to find a place to light everything. :(

al93535 Dont feel bad I live right beside a gas station and I mean literally I could spit out of my front door and hit the pumps. If I may suggest something I think a nice open field with little dry brush/foilage as possible. I own 4 acres of land about 3 miles from were I live and thats were I set most of my stuff off mainly my HE's but big pure pyro too. I even cut all the foilage and brush down so I can do pyro almost all year round. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know firecrackers dont do to me what they used to. I'm with mumbles' quote thingy, I see pyro as an artform. The vibrant colors and the sounds to match, It's quite thrilling. Firecrackers just make me paranioid thinking that one of my neighbors is gonna call the cops with "that terrorist boy is blowing $hit up again". I think I'll do some shells. Maybe move up to 2" or more. I've really slowed down. And if I feel up to the task a cake even.

hopefully i will be working on a show for the same person we did last year. we set off 1100 shells ranging from 2.5 inch up to 12 inch , plus 1800 shots in cakes. this was my 4th pro show , it was awesome. it was the biggest 4th show in the state, and it was a private show. well, i guess as private as a 12 inch shell can be in a small town.

• 4 weeks later...
found out yesterday we will be doing the same 4th of july show this year as last. setting off $20,000.00 worth of shells, aweome, 1100 shells 2 inch to 12 inch!!!!!!!!!!!

Myself and a friend are getting an order together to get enough stuff to make 100 3" shells along with some mines and possible lancework. Colors are going to be red, white, and blue (how original) and some gold and glitter along with a few salute shells. Who knows what else we'll throw together with the leftover stuff but its definitely going to be a great year this year! I hope to have someone film it too. By the way, I've been reading this forum for weeks and decided to finally make a post :-P.

Recently I found out a rather sad fact. And because of this I will not be lighting any of the items I have been making for the fourth. But I will light them before and after, with just as much fun!

My area has a newly enacted fireworks task force, charged with the sole duty of finding people who light illegal fireworks on the fourth! So I will have to light a few small crackers, and maybe a few fountians in addition to the commercial "sane n sane stuff" available. I will also attend the local show and get as close as is possible!

They have the "firework police" in my community too, last 4th and new years some friends and i have gone out to some family owned property to shoot things off, might do the same thing this 4th. I'm going to have to go out there and find the right ammount of lift to use and determine what burst ill use before the forth anyways...

As for devices... 2-3/4" and 3" plastic shells, mabey a bigger paper shell, KNSU and BP (mabey Al/MnO2 and AN/resin) rockets, 35+ rolled paper tube salutes with all sorts of compositions, 30+ plastic soda cap flickable salutes with different compositions, caked ariel salutes?, star mines, possibly exploding targets, palm shell(s), thermite possibly on top of a gas canister, the spinning steel wool thing that i have read about countless times and recently saw a picture of that looked crazy, etc...

Oh, and commercial stuff too of course...

found out yesterday we will be doing the same 4th of july show this year as last. setting off $20,000.00 worth of shells, aweome, 1100 shells 2 inch to 12 inch!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a lot of fun Chris. Where's the show gonna be at?