APC Forum

a newbs progress and question thread

RiderX

Careful pyro is a lot safer than wild-ass dirt biking.

• Like 2

Careful pyro is a lot safer than wild-ass dirt biking.

dirt biking isnt that wild , this is the day i finished off my shoulder/collar bone

His point is still valid tho. I cant remember the last time i heard anyone ending up with a broken bone from pyro.

Pyro is just "unsafe" coz someone does stupid shit, where as dirt bike riding is "always" connected to health hazards.

Nothing new there. The most unsafe thing i do every day, is taking a shower. Which is true for anyone who takes daily showers.

His point is still valid tho. I cant remember the last time i heard anyone ending up with a broken bone from pyro.

Pyro is just "unsafe" coz someone does stupid shit, where as dirt bike riding is "always" connected to health hazards.

Nothing new there. The most unsafe thing i do every day, is taking a shower. Which is true for anyone who takes daily showers.

the smartassedness got lost in the post lol, i know all to well how dangerous riding is , that video above is race pace for most ppl , thats just my leisurely out for a ride practice pace, still my favorite hobby, and if all goes well part time job next year . to me that is very relaxing

Edited by RiderX

Cool, Rider. Long exposure? Light the night!

Cool, Rider. Long exposure? Light the night!

that is one frame from a 60fps video , single frame where its lit up like that

ok so u guys nailed it with the hardt sulfer blue star suggestion ( i love this blue )

so round #2

i need another suggestion for any other color star thats about as simple chem wise as the hardt sulfer blue

what ya got?

Edited by RiderX

The Yankies purple and Hardt sulfur blue both pair great with glitters. My first married comet was the purple and D1 glitter and it was fantastic!

only my wild ass imagination could come up with something like this

FuW1OBy.jpg

top dome is getting filled with blue stars, then bp till its flat , then in the canister a ring of 15 timed ( all at once reports ) bp burst in the center with a few tt stars mixed in , ring of blue stars ontop if the timed reports/more burst and plugged

going to hang a streamer off the bottom of the shell and hope it keeps it right side up

think it will work ?

Edited by RiderX

If it makes it out of the gun, it should work ok -assuming you're using a strong burst.

Typically, timed report shells like this are made in rolled paper cases that are spiked and pasted, or rinfasciatured. The reports are placed around the periphery of the case, and solidly packed in with polverone, sawdust, kitty litter, or other filler.

A canulle may then be placed the center of the shell, and the space between it filled with cut stars and polverone. Otherwise, the entire central space is then filled with granulated black powder.

Shells made this way burst into symmetrical rings of reports with or without a cluster of colored stars in the middle.

Edited by Wiley

We're looking forward to seeing the results.

If it makes it out of the gun, it should work ok -assuming you're using a strong burst.

Typically, timed report shells like this are made in rolled paper cases that are spiked and pasted, or rinfasciatured. The reports are placed around the periphery of the case, and solidly packed in with polverone, sawdust, kitty litter, or other filler.

A canulle may then be placed the center of the shell, and the space between it filled with cut stars and polverone. Otherwise, the entire central space is then filled with granulated black powder.

Shells made this way burst into symmetrical rings of reports with or without a cluster of colored stars in the middle.

i think it will burst ok , the shell is basically filled like u described

We're looking forward to seeing the results.

my evil mind as come up with something else as well , im just wrapping up the second shell now , and the sucker was 273g before pasting , though pasting on it is only 1 layer , not going to say whats in it or what im hoping for im just going to video it later tonight and see if she works as planned , i need to get this shell way up there , so ive got 34g of lift under it

ill post a picture of it when i get it all wrapped up

I've seen Chinese shells with this hybrid design. They were only dump breaks, unfortunately. They were 4" crossette shells. I wonder if the design offers the possibility of spherical color breaks and traditional cylinder-insert effects.

I've seen Chinese shells with this hybrid design. They were only dump breaks, unfortunately. They were 4" crossette shells. I wonder if the design offers the possibility of spherical color breaks and traditional cylinder-insert effects.

we will find out int he next day or so , hopefully tonight anyways

the first one im hoping for a blue dome on top with a few TT tails falling down under it with a ring of reports

only thing im really afriad of is it trying to push everything out the top when it bursts , but my other cans made this way without the dome top burst just fine so i really dont know

Edited by RiderX