APC Forum

What did you do today in pyro?

dagabu

Pyrophury, the delay on the rocket was a tad too long also. This gives the rocket a downwards flight already, and therefore a downwards momentum to the stars. Break needs to be really hard to overcome that.

Yep, I agree. I cut the delay back by 25%...

2nd Camera

I prefer the break with less pasting and more booster, it could have looked even better but I ran out of green pearl stars, so it was a bit sparse on one hemisphere. I played around with my cameras settings and you can just about make out the green this time too!

Edited by Pyrophury

Forming some wings for some 5/8" tourbillions I'm getting ready to try:

post-20116-0-34376100-1476030531_thumb.jpg

Milled 10 lbs BP and coated rice hulls. Tomorrow Wilbur blue and Spanish blue 1.

Can't wait to see some more stuff from ya merlin!

Went to the barn and milled a few lbs of BP and made a couple of racks of BM. My thread dispenser to a dump on me so I'll be trying to improve that this evening.

I thought the last 200' batch of match would last me for life. Probably would have if I'd died last week!

• Like 2

Cooked up a batch of charcoal. Found a large branch of black willow that had fallen off the tree some time ago. As I posted a while back, wood that is at the point where it is softening just a bit from rot, seems to make real fast BP.

Edited by MadMat

Tested another rocket this evening, this time used half of my 9mm slow gold stars about a third of the 5mm white strobe for a pistil...

I was really happy with it, but despite being angled away from me, the rocket decided to veer back towards me and my view was partially obscured by a tree, typical!

Built and glued up a new 7-shot angled zipper fire plate. 30mm i.d. tubes with comets and/or stars, 1.5 seconds, end-to-end

IF it works properly tomorrow (after the glue has dried), I'll cut 90 more of them.

Lloydhttp://www.pyrobin.com/files/DSCN1521.JPG

Edited by lloyd

Must be nice to not be sitting in a tinderbox. It's so dry here the trees are chasing the dogs around.

• Like 1

It'll get cold, wet and miserable here soon enough so I'll just build and wait.

Built twigsy's visco machine!! You need a small child with dexterous hands!!

Damn spiced rum Sunday's !!😜

Edited by Mouse
  • Like 1

Is there an echo in here? you guys are brutal.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made an extractor for my 6x6 star plates from a piece of Al box channel I had:post-20116-0-68092900-1478378890_thumb.jpg

Also made up a batch of Hardt Sulfur Blue (dex bound):

post-20116-0-30779500-1478378958_thumb.jpg

Holy crap, 3/4"!!! My first she'll was a 3" with 1/2" rolled TT stars. They burned so long and had so much burning ash coming off them that I ended seting my yard on fire.... Twice. Ever since I've never found the need for TT stars any bigger than 3/8". Just be careful, maybe set it off over water. Don't be afraid to ask, that is what the forum is for.

Depending how you make TT, the burn time and fallout can vary a lot. I've made plenty of 3/4" TT stars with burn times of 3-4 seconds.

Continuing preparation for new year's. Made a dozen 4" headers and 4-5" headers today also started another 14-2 1/2" mortar shells but will paste them tomorrow. I'll also start on the BP motors tomorrow. The motors in the photo are all whistle but are tiny spindles. The more powerful ones will be made Christmas week.

post-20510-0-03995100-1479172844_thumb.jpg

Nice stash you got there NeighborJ! I do hope you're going to film them :)?

Is this a special drying cabinet that you use to store finished devices?

I got www.ThePyroPro.com up and running again despite all of the insane rumors and numerous problems costing over 400k.Just to make everyone very clear,there has been zero new legislation on fuse,yes you may have seen an ATF news letter of what is to come this last Jan, but it isnt law specially pertaining to UN0336 1.4s products.Fond regards to all my old friends new and old,those that mention APC INSANE FUSE DISCOUNT when writing me will get one hell of a discount it VERY clear on what time it really is and how to reach me,bless each and every one of you specially to those injured,im not sure how that happens,never the less,Marco Pollo.ps New 5 strand blue pyroformex QM red and blue available blue arrival less that 2 weeks red bp 5 already here just in red.