APC Forum

chinese time fuse cutter"CTFC"

allrocketspsl

Thanks for the generous offer. I expect to receive my order next week. The wife is wanting to make a fish fuse shell so I think this is going to be "her" present ;) that hopefully she will let me borrow sometimes.

I'd be up for a trade on the new version if you want. Have you ever played with girandolas? I make some custom 8" plastic dola frames... some of the folks here might be familiar with them. Ned has flown quite a few of my frames... send me a note and we'll work something out. I enjoy trading and sharing where I can.

DanB

yes sounds like a plan mate will do

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allrocketspsl

• warthog

• dagabu

• stckmndn

Any chance these will be ready in time for Christmas gift ideas? I never know what to tell the wife to get me for gifts. The combo cutter/punch would be perfect!

Im stepping up the time on it so maybe will let you know mate where do you live Im in florida

do you need my address again? I would love to have one with the punch included too.

I do have a question on how your punch will be made though. Does it punch a disk of the fuse out or is it more like an awl that forces its way through? If it has a point on it, you run the risk of smearing the tar over the powder core which then makes your crossmatch fail to pass fire to the time fuse's core. I used to use a regular awl to make my hole but I had a few shells fail to go off and when I asked why this might happen, I was told about the tar smearing thing. I use a regular fuse punch now that I got from here and it has not happened again.

also, while I have never flown one of Dan's 'dola frames yet, you can see one in my gallery along with the rest of the kit they make for making girandolas.

Edited by warthog

do you need my address again? I would love to have one with the punch included too.

I do have a question on how your punch will be made though. Does it punch a disk of the fuse out or is it more like an awl that forces its way through? If it has a point on it, you run the risk of smearing the tar over the powder core which then makes your crossmatch fail to pass fire to the time fuse's core. I used to use a regular awl to make my hole but I had a few shells fail to go off and when I asked why this might happen, I was told about the tar smearing thing. I use a regular fuse punch now that I got from here and it has not happened again.

also, while I have never flown one of Dan's 'dola frames yet, you can see one in my gallery along with the rest of the kit they make for making girandolas.

well mate I wouldnt want to be hawking anything on here so i will be more incognito

you amaze me "mate". You go to Passfire and pretend to be a guy looking to buy one of your own product then you get mad when I out you. You call this "salesmanship" or "marketing" but I call it dishonest and so I called a spade a spade. If you had gone ahead and told those good folks on Passfire who you were and then told them about your product, I would have had no issue with that at all. Instead you LIED to them and PRETENDED to be something you were not. Now you are mad at me?

Get screwed you ass. I hope you wind up eating alot of these things and completely unable to sell them. You are exactly the type of person I hate dealing with so I am glad this happened. You sir, are no Aussie so stop pretending you are, it isn't that cute.

you amaze me "mate". You go to Passfire and pretend to be a guy looking to buy one of your own product then you get mad when I out you. You call this "salesmanship" or "marketing" but I call it dishonest and so I called a spade a spade. If you had gone ahead and told those good folks on Passfire who you were and then told them about your product, I would have had no issue with that at all. Instead you LIED to them and PRETENDED to be something you were not. Now you are mad at me?

Get screwed you ass. I hope you wind up eating alot of these things and completely unable to sell them. You are exactly the type of person I hate dealing with so I am glad this happened. You sir, are no Aussie so stop pretending you are, it isn't that cute.

WHOA!!! Leta all take a breath here and clam down. Doing what allrocketpsl did was a marketing tool, nothing more. It's called seeding and every company does it in one way or another. I hired people to do "secret shopper" purchases, I have published ads in news papers and online with my quote as to how good the food was at my restaurant, all legal, ethical and the the sort.

His tooling has great reviews and the price is fair, he can call people "Mate" all day if he wishes, I just used the word bloke and the closest to England I have ever been was a pub in Virginia eating Sheppard's Pie.

I like both of you two, lets not do what the trolls over at PF do and make this a place of hateful speech.

Sorry Mumbles if I stepped on your toes there.

-dag

Had a long response for you but decided I didn't want to roll in the mud

Bad day? Jeesh. Well ill agree its a basic marketing technique, and it doesn't sway me from purchasing any items. I do not currently have a passfire sub so I can only go on what I have read here, regardless I think that statement was a bit over done. The added insult at the end was also unnessasary. Everyone is entitled their own opponion and their freedom to speak it, the same can be said for marketing. Each has their own way that works for them. Keep in mind at the end of the day everyone has a family to feed, and bills to pay

How is pretending you have no connection to a product and pretending to ask how well something works a marketing technique?

I do wish I had not made the comment about him using the word Mate all the time, that was wrong and I do apologize for that but not for calling a lie a lie.

Sorry folks, if you really think that is an ok way to sell a product, then the world is far more screwed up that I thought it was at this point.

I am very sorry to have made the comment about "mate" and not being a cute way to pass yourself off as exotic, that was completely out of line.

I have nothing further to day,

jeffrocketpsl - 11/30/2011 9:23 AM

anybody used this guys time fuse cutter?is it worth it Im thinking,on pyro direct and pyrocreations

That is an exact quote of how he started a thread in the Tooling and Machinery, NOT the Sales area.

You are all saying this is a valid marketing method?

"When all is said and done, more will be said."

It was a little sneaky, Warthog, but it's a cool little tool at a great price. How are you liking yours?

That is an exact quote of how he started a thread in the Tooling and Machinery, NOT the Sales area.

Yes, it is.

-dag

Anonymous product research? Secret shopper if you prefer. Falls under Dag's reply.

problem is, it was none of your business period

I didn't bring it here though, did I? That was all Jeff.

I recently got some great time fuse and it is as Dag says a true.25" O.D. and therefore I had to open the hole on the side of the cutter to fit it in. The cutter works great and would love to have a punch attached to it. I got mine for the best price (Free) due to winning the rocket competition.

I didn't bring it here though, did I? That was all Jeff.

Excuse me?

Warthog: Posted Today, 07:18 AM - you amaze me "mate" <snip>

I suggest a new signature for you. Feel free to use it until the latest attack of pharisaical self-righteousness wears off.

Christians aren't perfect. We just demand that you must be!

You can't see he brought this here and not me? You are all blind. Read the post above the beginning of all of this crap.

I never claimed perfection, Christ wouldn't be needed were it possible. If I weren't a Christian then lying about who I was to sell something would be OK then, right? I guess the worship of Mammon really is supreme here.

Are you now bringing religion into this? WOW! You guys are a pretty driven group.

Seems to me this is all so you don't risk loosing out on your freebies. Good luck on that, I am sure you will all be taken care of once the new model is out. Those who also wish a free fuse cutter should pile on now while there is still a chance.

Edited by warthog

Dude. We're talking about a time fuse cutter.

If you are going to be this hateful, leave the faith out of it. Really.

Are you now bringing religion into this? WOW! You guys are a pretty driven group.

I wouldn't say we are a driven group. I would say, on the whole, this is a friendly group which is kept that way by being nice to each other and only gently teasing people who desperately deserve it. As for bringing religion into it, there are many people of faith here who mention it from time to time when it's appropriate, though most don't choose to make a statement about it in their interests and signature. Given that you do, I felt it was appropriate and amusing to phrase my comment in a way you were sure to understand.

Brother Algenco was actually teaching from scripture earlier: his text was John 21, v22. "What is it to thee?"

Warthog: Posted Today, 07:18 AM - you amaze me "mate" <snip>

I suggest a new signature for you. Feel free to use it until the latest attack of pharisaical self-righteousness wears off.

Christians aren't perfect. We just demand that you must be!

====================================================

I apologized fr the very statement you are taking me to task for Peret. Forgiveness is a sign of faith also, instead you did the same thing I did and called me self righteous for doing it in the first place. Nice.

Edited by warthog

It's the persecution complex that's disturbing about you. You added the Mark 13:13 to your signature apparently as a (delusional) way to lend credibility to your self righteous anger. That's not cool. And that is in no way Christian. We're not discussing the Savior, we're talking about a time fuse cutter.

it was in response to Peret, not to what is happening and how much of this is because I wear it on my sleeve?

Again, you found it OK when Peret attacked me and brought religion into this but now when I defend myself and my religion, I am again attacked by one who claims faith, I weary if the diatribe and will now retire to allow you all to take your shots.