APC Forum

Please post your 1 lb core burner fuel mixes (rammed)

stckmndn

Dr Thrust,

This was 75-15-10 with the C being 2/3 Willow and 1/3 Sequoia (I think it's comparable to balsa,light and very fluffy).

My next batch will be with all Sequoia so will probably be even faster.

Pressed with 2 Tons on my press meter, not sure on how much pressure on the comp that is,

a colleague of mine advised that this would be about 10.000 Psi on comp.

As opposed to my "normal" riced fuel, I did notice a significant amount of dwell when pressing this fuel. Another indication of real good consolidation.

The oil I used was paraffin oil, still waiting for my order of "normal" mineral oil. Paraffin oil is pretty cheap at 2 Euro's and seems to work pretty well.

I have two 4" TTTi shells lying around, I'll press up a new motor this afternoon and attach one of these babies to it.

I think I'll just "stick" (pun intended) with the "oiled" propellant for the complete grain, as I very much like the lack of dust and really nice consolidation.

I'll just mill some TT and mix and rice it with 10% Ti to use as delay, and to provide some more tail.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SjeefOne

• dagabu

• allrocketspsl

• stckmndn

Order of mineral oil?!? They usually sell it at all pharmacys.... It's a laxative.

Yes, the place where I ordered is also a sort of pharmacy.

However here where I live unfortunately stuff isn't named genericly so it can be a bit hard to find what I need.

you can find it in any pharmacy , its good old fashioned baby oil :)

you can find it in any pharmacy , its good old fashioned baby oil :)

Yeah I know, but that has some other crap in there as well..don't want my motors smelling like baby-ass..

Yeah I know, but that has some other crap in there as well..don't want my motors smelling like baby-ass..

And what is wrong with baby ass? ;)

-dag

And what is wrong with baby ass? ;)

-dag

I think thats a whole different discussion Dag.. :whistle:

Anywho, I got my generic mineral oil in yesterday.. Will see if I can press a motor up today..

Got some graphite powder in as well, lets see if it helps in getting these damn things off the spindle this time.

Wax the spindle. Works wonders, it is a pita to do but mine pop right off.