APC Forum

Long Hangtime Bright Fine Silver Star Comp?

pyroguy1960

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pyroguy1960

• dagabu

• Updup

• Algenco

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but that's more than you have now.

My Wife loves flitter

Long story short:

Wife drinks sweet white wine, MMMMMMM! Tastes a dry white wine, MMMMM! Try's a sweet red, MMMMM! Then a dry red, MMMMM! We start to make our own, MMMM!

Wife sees crackle, MMMM!, Sees Willow, MMMM! Sees timed reports, MMMM! Goes to PGI an sees copper colored Mexican willow, MMMM! We start to make our own, MMMM!

You guys are just beggin for me to unleash some mother jokes here...got like 3 loaded up from those last posts....lol...perhaps I'm the only 36 year old man child here....

Skylighter loves filttering it's nuts into my ass apparently....sans KY

Awww, we all start with Harry, he is the gateway. Then we find "better" stuff from other dealers then we start to deal to others. I think Mumbles is Colombian ;)

You guys are just beggin for me to unleash some mother jokes here...got like 3 loaded up from those last posts....lol...perhaps I'm the only 36 year old man child here....

Yup, that would be you ;)

Dont make pyro in her basement, just sayin :whistle:

And unfortunately like the rest of you it seems, the only one who tells me to clean up my pyro mess these days is the wife....and she doesn't seem to like anything pyro, perhaps because her garage smells like gunpowder now....

Sorry man, just ribbing you a little. No offense.

My wife is my dream girl, she makes shells, hangs with my pyro buddies, wears pyro gear and lights my rockets! My wife makes me shower the BP off when I come in, I dont understand that. :whistle:

Beleive me, none taken whatsoever.....I've tried numerous times to get my wife to help with shells because its so labor intensive....no dice...won't even help paste em. I tried selling it like an arts and crafts project...nothing.

But on the upside she did buy me a ballmill this week....can't complain about that. :)

Beleive me, none taken whatsoever.....I've tried numerous times to get my wife to help with shells because its so labor intensive....no dice...won't even help paste em. I tried selling it like an arts and crafts project...nothing.

But on the upside she did buy me a ballmill this week....can't complain about that. 2smile.gif

I have to admit. I'm glad I have plenty of time before I get married 2rolleyes.gif

But when I do..she is going to be a ture pyro girl.

Edited by Updup

I have to admit. I'm glad I have plenty of time before I get married 2rolleyes.gif

But when I do..she is going to be a ture pyro girl.

DREAMER!!! :lol:

If you are like any one of us guys, you will fall for the girl that smiles at you and makes your blood boil! Better your odds by looking for girls at fireworks shows, watch out for the carnies though, they scare me :o

...that's what I thought when I read that.....match.com search "Proficient with pyrotechnics" results = 0 :)

But hopefully the one you do meet will like it because you like it....

DREAMER!!! laugh2.gif

If you are like any one of us guys, you will fall for the girl that smiles at you and makes your blood boil! Better your odds by looking for girls at fireworks shows, watch out for the carnies though, they scare me 2ohmy.gif

Heh, thanks..at firework shows, I'm afraid I'll be looking for fireworks and not girls. wink2.gif

I hear Anyka is available. Maybe you can hook up with her next time she comes through town? laugh2.gif

I had to google her. No thanks...

Not the change the subject again, but I just noticed that hobby chem has willow charcoal....anyone tried it? Any good?

Not the change the subject again, but I just noticed that hobby chem has willow charcoal....anyone tried it? Any good?

haven't tried it but Black Willow is good, Paulownia is best want some? biggrin2.gif

Edited by Algenco

Its double the price of the normal... so for it to be worth it it would have to make your BP so good that you could half your lift amounts.

I won the lift contest at the Tri-State shoot with Polverone milled 4 hrs in a Harbor Frieght mill (pathetic) and had 2.5 times as much binder as it should have(srgs), yet it beat the closest competitor(balsa) by 20%cool2.gif

I have some Paulownia charcoal available 1-4 lb $6, 5+ $5 per lb

Edited by Algenco

I have some nice pine I've been using for willow shells, but I've only mortar & pestled it as I'm still waitin on the ball mill. Even so it worked nice for chrys 8 stars....gonna try it for BP and see how I make out before I go buying anymore.....

I have some nice pine I've been using for willow shells, but I've only mortar & pestled it as I'm still waitin on the ball mill. Even so it worked nice for chrys 8 stars....gonna try it for BP and see how I make out before I go buying anymore.....

Heh, seems ironic that your using pine for willow stars laugh2.gif

Dude, that is so sad, we are waiting on a bulk order for -18 and +30 flitters/firefly, US Bronze no. 813 flitters and paid under $9.00 a pound. Think about joining Passfire too, the deals are there.

Are you really getting US Bronze 813? Lee sure made it seem like you're really getting Transmet K-101 and K-102. A 50:50 mix is what Steve Majdali refers to as his "comet blend." You'll still need to screen 813 if you get it by the way. It goes to around 50 mesh.

Awww, we all start with Harry, he is the gateway. Then we find "better" stuff from other dealers then we start to deal to others. I think Mumbles is Colombian ;)

Just call me Pablo. Though you'd probably cry if you knew what they took from me after my accident. I know I did.

try

28 - KNO3

6 - Sulfur

6 - Charcoal

4 - Aluminum (spherical, 200-600mesh)

4 Dextrin

mill for 2-3 hours cut pump or roll them large this should give you the fine white your after

Aright Ralph, I've got some milling as I type..if ths dosn't turn out good, I'm gong to be blaming you tongue2.gif