APC Forum

Forum errors

FrankRizzo

I still have trouble with the 'View New Content' link when using Vista and Firefox 3.5.8. When I click it, the board tells me there are no new posts, while there are. When using Linux and the very same version of Firefox, I got no problem at all and get a neat list of new posts... :S .

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• Mumbles

• FrankRizzo

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when I take a look in the new content part, I can see there are new posts, but when I view the topic the latest post is from the 2nd of februari.

You will want to see if the topics in question are polls or not. If they are, polls refresh and make it look like there are new posts when in reality there are not whenever someone votes in the poll. Quite annoying, I agree.

Yeah, that's the Polls that do that.

I agree, it's confusing. There may be a change in that behavior in the upcoming v3.1.

And there are some MAJOR improvements coming in 3.1, in the Search algorithms for one thing. Looks like we'll finally have true Boolean search results.

Sidewinder,

Did we lose the ability to delete posts in the advanced editor with this new version? If it's still there, I can't seem to find it.

There's a time limit on deletion now, FR.

Had to put it there to keep someone from having a snit and mass-deleting their posts, leaving gaps in thread flow.

(But if we receive a request to delete all of a member's posts, we will, as long as the account is deleted as well.)

I don't even see the option. I attempted to delete one of my posts yesterday within 30 sec of creating it; no delete button. Edited by FrankRizzo

Sorry about that. Bum info. Time limit is for editing.

The only choice we have is "allow/not allow" deletion of posts by the author. So it's set to not allow it, for the reasons I gave.

I guess I understand the reasoning, but why the recent switch? The old forum config. did not limit this ability.

Actually, we made that switch on back v2.3.6 a while ago. I forget exactly when. Mumbles might remember.

If you want a post deleted, ask one of us. And you can edit the contents out yourself up to 24 hours later. Just put "Please Delete" or some-such and one of us will delete when we see it.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I'll fix it tonight hopefully. I am getting back to my house later. I have trouble accessing the admin stuff from away from home.

Brand new user - any idea why I can't open attachments? Says I do not have permission...

It's because you're a brand new user. There is something in the software that you don't become a full member until you make at least one post. It was done to combat a spam problem. We originally just wanted to limit people from making threads on their first posts (thus eliminate spam), but it had some unintended consequences. You should be able to do pretty much everything now.

Welcome by the way. We hope you like the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I try to see a picture from the thumbnails above and when i click to some photos say:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10750] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

can somebody help me?

thanks

I try to see a picture from the thumbnails above and when i click to some photos say:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10750] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

can somebody help me?

thanks

LOL!laugh2.gif Pyrogeorge, I have the sudden urge to make you some Baklava!

can somebody help me?

thanks

I got exactly the same message some weeks ago after clicking a thumbnail from the random users's gallery pictures.. But right now everything is fine!

LOL!laugh2.gif Pyrogeorge, I have the sudden urge to make you some Baklava!

....and souvlaki :whistle: :whistle:

....and souvlaki whistle.gif whistle.gif

Two of my favorite foods.I make about 400 baklava a week at my shop. 2rolleyes.gif Gotta admire the Greeks, they brought alot of wisdom into society.

I got exactly the same message some weeks ago after clicking a thumbnail from the random users's gallery pictures.. But right now everything is fine!

Pretty sure that's happening to you and George because you tried to visit an Album that the owner set as "Friend Only". Just send the owner a friend request and if they approve it, you'll see the images.

• 1 month later...

I posted a while back about how I sometimes receive a list with no results when visiting the forum for the first time during the day, and using the "View New Content" link after logging in. If I just click the link without logging-in, I'll usually see quite a few results. I don't have this problem on the UK Pyrotechnics forum.

I don't know if others are having this issue as well, but the way UK Pyro has their site set-up, only logged-in members are allowed security to use the "View New Content"(search) link. Sidewinder, would it be possible to set the security that way here as well? Or, is it important for guests to be able search?

It was decided long before I got here that the forum would be available to Guests and members alike.

Whether we change that..... will have to be Mumbles' call. (Sorry for buck-passing, but he's da boss.)

IPS is aware that topic-marking and VNC/TAC are not working as they should, and are actively trying to resolve that.

I'm not a Developer there, however, (and fortunately!) so I can't say when it will be nailed down. All I know for sure is, we're working on it.

• 1 month later...

Because until you made the post above (your first one), you were a regular "Member" with quite a few restrictions.

Now that you've made one approved post, you're a "Full Member" with more permissions and larger bandwidth allowances. :)

• 4 months later...

Because until you made the post above (your first one), you were a regular "Member" with quite a few restrictions.

Now that you've made one approved post, you're a "Full Member" with more permissions and larger bandwidth allowances. :)

Ahhh - That explains why I get this also !!! I've just joined APC forum, having been on the UKPS forum for a few years.

I also get " [#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment." when trying to view attachments - is it the same reason ?

Thanks,

Phil.