• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• Mumbles

• FrankRizzo

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until the DNS is up and running, I suggest the ip address (70.86.182.98) be posted on other forums. I was able to find it in a few seconds, but it seems no one else can.

Until the DNS is up and running, I suggest the ip address (70.86.182.98) be posted on other forums. I was able to find it in a few seconds, but it seems no one else can.

There is a thread on the UKPS board that Mumbles has posted in. He is trying to sort out the DNS and said he would post the IP once he checked that it was usable.

Did you create a hosts entry or are you just browsing to the IP?

I created a hosts entry. There are many sites hosted on the server, so the server needs to know which site you want. Browsing the IP address does not work at all.

I created a hosts entry. There are many sites hosted on the server, so the server needs to know which site you want. Browsing the IP address does not work at all.

I suspected that might be the case. Mumbles mentioned that he was having trouble using the IP on it's own.

I think that is probably why there aren't more people here. Even though a google search turns up the IP address, a lot of people probably aren't familiar with creating hosts files.

And we're back. As you can see, we're http://www.amateurpyro.com now.

Expect many additions and changes in the coming days.

Try out the Chat application. It's limited to 5 users for now (hey, the 5-user level was free). If we get enough interest, we can purchase a higher limit of users for a very reasonable price ($20 annually, for a 20-user limit).

The Formulary Database is coming soon. Full Members and above will be able to help us build it. Look for news soon!

Hey Side,

Perusing the new board - my gallery still appears fucked... can't upload new videos (wmv format) or edit existing ones to function. Don't think it's my browser (forced to use IE7 here at work). I'll try Firefox when I'm at home.

If you have a chance, take a look?

Many thanks!

Edited by qwezxc12

Yeah, it's IE7 and possibly something at work (firewall or similar) doing it.

I just played all the vids and viewed all the pics in your Gallery.

Try this, though. Visit your main Gallery page and press CTRL-F5. Does that help.

You also have a missing "cover" image for one of the videos (the Daylight Shells), which I'll try to recover. The video is there, though.

I'll post a followup in a few minutes.

And we're back. As you can see, we're http://www.amateurpyro.com now.

Expect many additions and changes in the coming days.

Try out the Chat application. It's limited to 5 users for now (hey, the 5-user level was free). If we get enough interest, we can purchase a higher limit of users for a very reasonable price ($20 annually, for a 20-user limit).

The Formulary Database is coming soon. Full Members and above will be able to help us build it. Look for news soon!

Let me know if you want to do that, Ill treat for the first year.

Dave

Why thank you! :)

If Mumbles says yes, we'll do it, and I'll send you the email address for the donations box.

Hey Side,

Perusing the new board - my gallery still appears fucked... can't upload new videos (wmv format) or edit existing ones to function. Don't think it's my browser (forced to use IE7 here at work). I'll try Firefox when I'm at home.

If you have a chance, take a look?

Many thanks!

Answer #1) The cover image for that video is gone from the original APCForum upload, too. You should be able to use the "Moderator" option in your own gallery to edit the submission and add a new cover image.

REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO PRESS ATTACH FILE AFTER SELECTING AN IMAGE FILE, before you press the Add submission (or whatever is at the bottom).

Answer #2) You *are* using the "New Media" button to add videos (as opposed to "New Image" to add a picture), correct? AND pressing "Attach File" under each filebox after you've selected the media/picture item to upload from your PC, right?

just went in the downloads section and clicked a video to download and it comes up with this

You are about to download the file '3" dummy C6'. Please take a moment to review the following disclaimer. Afterwards click the 'Download File' button to download the file.

but theres no disclaimer or a download button, is this a fault or am i doing soming wrong.

I'm having a problem where I can see there are new posts on the front page when I'm not logged in, but as soon as I log in and click the "view new content" button there are no results to display.

Are you certain that the "new posts" you're seeing actually *are* new, with respect to you personally?

Because, when you're *not* logged in, the New Post indicators aren't accurate (since the board doesn't know it's actually "you").

I forget exactly how they work for the "Guest Account" (which is what you're using, until you login). But it's a period of some days, IIRC.

And if you click "Mark as Read" while viewing as a Guest, it just sets a temporary cookie on your end to show them marked. As soon as it expires, it's gone.

But, hmmm..... I've heard a few reports at IPS about "View New Content" acting wonky for some boards.

Are you sure that a given post showing as New when viewing as a Guest, actually *IS* New, from your perspective?

just went in the downloads section and clicked a video to download and it comes up with this

You are about to download the file '3" dummy C6'. Please take a moment to review the following disclaimer. Afterwards click the 'Download File' button to download the file.

but theres no disclaimer or a download button, is this a fault or am i doing soming wrong.

The downloads are fixed. I had to re-do them all.

Fortunately, there weren't that many. And from here forward, they should work properly.

When I say that I can see new posts when not logged in, I mean that I can see posts in the "last post info" column that are newer than the last time I've logged on, so I know they are new. I haven't tried the "view new content" button while logged in as a guest.

Edit: Ok, I just logged out, then clicked the "view new content" button while logged in as guest. It's showing me posts, some of which aren't new to me (which makes sense), but most are. However, when I log back in, I get no results. Hmm. It's probably something browser-related on my end.

Edited by FrankRizzo

Something thats sortof been bugging me....

When I click on a topic it takes me to the very beginning of the topic, now this only happens on occasion but still kinda annoys me. Its weird...

Yes, it's supposed to. And always has. 0_o

You click the little red/orange arrow to the left of the topic title to take you to the newest post.

Sorry Sidewinder, it does not work in Firefox, it brings you to the first post in the thread, just tried it. That said; on the far right side of the page where it says "Today" with an arrow to its left, if you click on that it takes you to the last posting every time.

D

Well, I'm using Firefox v3.6.

And it works perfectly for me. wtf... :blink:

I'll look at it.

EDIT: I just tested it. Worked as it should. You *ARE* making sure to click *just* the arrow? Not fat-fingering the click and hitting the post title, right?

Admittedly, there's nowhere near enough space between the arrow and the post title, but with a careful click ON the arrow it's working every time for me.

FYI, Using that "Today" method you described takes you to the *last* post, not the most recent. If those happen to be the same thing, the net result is correct, but the function *is* different.

Arrow? Hah, never saw that before, though when I clicked the title on the old forum it took me to the last post I had not read. Now its the same thing unless I sigh out, its like it resets itself...

Any I idea what I'm rambling about?

Well, not, not really, lol.

On the old forum version, there was also an arrow, or some sort of icon, that took you to the most recent new post. In the WWW skin it was a little gold-colored box.

Unless you were using a skin that had that specifically coded to work that way. What skin were you using on the old version, anyway?

Huh, the small arrow does the same thing when I sign out... Bummer.

I was using a .......? Dark blue skin, no idea what the name was...

when I take a look in the new content part, I can see there are new posts, but when I view the topic the latest post is from the 2nd of februari. Edited by FREAKYDUTCHMEN