APC Forum

Forum errors

FrankRizzo

Nope..I have sent them with the new 'ware too...nothing in my sent box. Lemme try again here.

OK you HAVE to check the box apparently. If you can get them to auto-save, that would be a plus... thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• Mumbles

• FrankRizzo

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uh boy..... yes, there is. But I forget how it's done.

It's partly a setting on the Forum software, and partly a setting in the browser, *IF* I remember right.

I'll go check the IPS Forums. I'm pretty sure that's where I saw the solution.

Well, that was quick. I'm pretty sure I found the answer on the IPS Forums, although the post was for a much older version of IP Board.

It requires a change to one of the files that make this software run, changing a value from 300 (the default number of posts to actually print, when the command is selected) to whatever upper limit you desire.

What it DIDN'T say was whether this would have any consequences elsewhere, in the operation of the software. I can't risk breaking the Forum, as I'm sure you'd agree.

Have you tried DOWNLOADING the Topic, rather than printing it? That was a suggested alternative, but no one verified that it works.

Let me know. If that doesn't work, I'll have to do some work on the test install for APC and see if the file-edit method works, and doesn't break something else.

OK, I answered this for myself.

It's set to print 300 replies (15 pages x 20 replies per page) no matter whether you try to to print directly or download it in printer-friendly, HTML, or MS Word format.

I'll see what I can do, but this may take a while. I'll need to test this thoroughly before I implement it.

• 3 months later...

Hate to bump an old thread, but sometimes when I go to the site (without logging on) I get a "you do not have permission to access this feature" warning and a place to log in. When I try to log in however, I get the same page.

Is this a common problem, or am I the first?

Your IP address (which only Admins can see) resolves to a proxy server, and we have many of them blocked. An example of the few, ruining it for the many, sorry to say.

So I can't get around this by using a site like fadway or something?

Are they blocked because of so many k3wls/idiots using the same proxy servers?

So I can't get around this by using a site like fadway or something?

Are they blocked because of so many k3wls/idiots using the same proxy servers?

Yes, they're blocked because of the idiots that permeate the Internet. A pity we can't round them up and simply burn them at the stake.

We don't have ALL proxies blocked, as that would take too much work to figure out. I just block them as I find them, usually because someone has tried (and PHAILED!) to hack the site. Give different ones a try, I guess.

But if you have home Internet access, why don't you connect directly using that?

I am using my home internet, I just open firefox and type in apcforum.net/forums.

I have hughes net if that makes any difference.

Edit: It happened again while I refreshed a page on here, so I went to a proxy site and logged on, and it\'s working fine now. I guess that\'s that.

Edited by LGM

• 1 month later...

hello all.

I hope someone can help me I can not post on the forum.

and I can not see the video.

thanks.

You're posting right now, and what video are you talking about?

Given your post history, I assume you're talking about starting a new thread. Try reading the FAQ. You will be able to now. You had to make 1 post after the 1st of September, 2007 to be promoted to the full member group. This was due to a spam problem, it's all outlined in the FAQ thread.

• 6 months later...

I'll look into it.

EDIT: I just checked your Gallery. Everything displays for me.

Try a hard refresh of your browser? (CTRL-F5)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll look into it.

EDIT: I just checked your Gallery. Everything displays for me.

Try a hard refresh of your browser? (CTRL-F5)

Don't know what the issue is then... no other problems at other sites playing or viewing embedded media of any sort, no security issues with my browser (IE7) that I know of, just no media for me in my APC gallery... ???

post-747-1252428825_thumb.jpg

OK, once I saw that pic I figured it was specific to the BoHeGeHa skin.

But no, that one works for me as well. :blink:

Your screenshot shows a "broken" image icon, which puzzles me since I can see that particular video just fine. So it's not "image-blocking" done at our end on the server.

Let's try to nail this down a bit....

Can you see just plain PICTURES, as opposed to videos?

Like this one: http://www.apcforum.net/forums/index.php?a...=si&img=115

Side,

Sorry for the delay in replying; work travel always gets in the way of my hobbies...I appreciate you looking into this.

I can see images just fine, like the one you linked or this one:

http://www.apcforum.net/forums/index.php?a...=si&img=112

It's the videos that I cannot get to. Still. Wierd.

OK, once I saw that pic I figured it was specific to the BoHeGeHa skin.

But no, that one works for me as well. :blink:

Your screenshot shows a "broken" image icon, which puzzles me since I can see that particular video just fine. So it's not "image-blocking" done at our end on the server.

Let's try to nail this down a bit....

Can you see just plain PICTURES, as opposed to videos?

Like this one: http://www.apcforum.net/forums/index.php?a...=si&img=115

Edited by qwezxc12

OK, I think the problem lies in the way that this version of IPB handles videos.

For some reason, when I view or try to download one of the videos, it's identified as an AVI when in fact it's a WMV.

The next release version of IPB (v3.0.4, coming soon) fixes the problem as far as I can tell from my limited testing.

The new version should be available very soon for us to upgrade. If my testing proves that it's stable, we'll be upgrading on this point-version release.

One option MIGHT be to set a media viewer OTHER than WMP as the Default viewer for videos, and see if that solves it.

Other than that, I just don't see a way to fix this on this version.

I just got Chrome installed and must say its good, but the rich text editor/standart buton doesnt show up for me. I liked being able to see what my post loks like before I post it. Anything you can do SW?

That's the first I've heard of anyone having that problem.

I did a quick search on the IPB site and found nothing similar.

Does anyone else use Chrome and have this problem?

• 1 month later...
I can't seem to change the forum time to my time zone, this gets really annoying, also when I send a message it automatically gets processed as read. Does this mean it has been read by the receiver or myself?

Hmmm..

Go to My Controls -> Options, Board Settings -> "Your Base Time Zone".

Set your time zone there and *uncheck* the auto-correct setting, then uncheck "Is daylight saving time in effect?" as well.

As to a sent message being automatically marked as read in your "Sent" box? I believe that's normal. The read/unread tracking is only done for the *recipient* of the PM as far as I know. And to be honest, I've never used the "Track this PM" feature, so I'm not sure exactly what it does. ;)

But the first problem you have, may somehow be affecting the second. Just not sure. Set the timezone and DST, then see what happens.