APC Forum

Random Thread #1

Rooster

Pron, I was thinking :P

I had something like that happen with a small segment of one of the first lancepieces that I did. It pays to have more ignition points in case the fuse decides not to pass fire around a bend for whatever reason.

heh, that'd be a good one! Good luck :)

Nice WB. Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I was planning, minus the nice stand. I almost wonder if I should cut the lances down instead of using the full 1-minute lances (I'm using commercial lances from precocious).

I'm going for the lazy cheap skate route... I have 5 2ftx2ft boards that I'm going to prop up against mortar racks, and maybe screw them in place if it's windy. Not fancy but it's worked before!

Maybe put up a heart pattern shell too, just for kicks and giggles.

more like a dozen heart shells, if you want one to break right :D

If I actually get around to attempting this I will try some 2.5" shells with 1/4" pumped stars, using the "glue them to a piece of paper" method. Or perhaps I'll try several methods and see what works best. I can at least put up 3 shells that way, as that's how many 2.5" guns I have. Edited by flying fish

maybe rockets would be a better idea, then? You can fire more, and they help with the orientation. Plus, 4 oz nozzleless is the perfect size to send up 2.5"ers :)

Took this photo last week. Still in shock, it was totally unexpected. Hanging around on the side of a hill in the dark really pays off sometimes. :D

http://i.imgur.com/Zq0Ac2S.jpg

• Like 1

What an excellent picture! What camera/lens, and do you remember the settings used?

My little bit of happiness for the day, I'm done with my taxes for the year and have a good understanding of how much I can expect to pay for 2013. I now feel somewhat comfortable entertaining the idea of buying a house. A house with a BIG workshop and full concrete basement preferably.

It's like fireworks x 1,000,000. I had no idea they could be so bright or fast-moving despite seeing loads of photos/timelapses. Like a multi colored plasma ball.

Details: Canon 5D MKII, 17-40L, 20 seconds at F4, ISO2000. I've photographed them before, but always much dimmer and slower. I kinda wish I had switched to video as it was so bright, but I only got 40 seconds of madness before it went back to a dull glow.

Edited by optimus

Where were you when you saw this? (besides on a dark hillside) ;)

Natures beauty indeed!

Very nice picture! It would be great to get that colour on our green stars.

Fantastic, Optimus!

So here's the cheesy prom proposal that I helped my cousin put together. We're lighting it tonight.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/WhyAreAllUserNamesTaken/CIMG1182_zps05e2b0c0.jpg

My brother took video of it, though I likely won't have the video/ action pics up for a few days. It turned out pretty good, but I screwed up the timing. My cousin told me to light it after he asked her to prom but before she said yes. I should have known that was a bad idea. I think she said yes before he even finished his sentence. Everyone loved it nonetheless :)

He also decided to ask her while wearing a batman suit. Almost forgot to mention that part. Kids these days...

Edited by flying fish

Well here it is... Kinda cheesy but it works!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/WhyAreAllUserNamesTaken/prom_zpsa3dc406e.jpg

Looks good and readable to me. Bravo FF!

• 7 months later...

Any advice for travelling? I'm going to be in China for 2.5 weeks, and then Denmark for 4 months.

Also, how do you folks cope with money while travelling? Not sure if I should get a credit card, or if a debit card will suffice.

Figure I should bump this thread anyways.

Edited by TheEskimo