APC Forum

Random Thread #1

Rooster

I should be getting lithium before too long,

There's a hackneyed joke in its infancy right there; I just don't feel like crafting it.

mumbles wanting lithium............. hmmmmmm

I have lithium carbonate, ceramic grade. In "ordinary" fireworks it will make the flame pink, but in methanol it will give off a salmon colour. :)

Went to the first day of the South West Regional American Chemical Society meeting today. It was pretty good. Much smaller than the national meeting. I'm sure I'm going to be seeing some of the same people quite often throughout the days to come, so should be a good chance to network and actually get to know some people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When you confuse a lead plate for steel when working with thermite you end up with a pretty nasty puddle on your hands.

Wow that's crazy. I wonder how this will be portrayed in the episode? Should be interesting...

• 2 weeks later...

Byron Sonne: the thin line between terrorist and gardener:

http://toronto.openfile.ca/toronto/text/byron-sonne-thin-line-between-terrorist-and-gardener

Better hide the Copper Sulfate folks!

Thank God the people making comments even see how wrong that story is for once. The article read like a page out of the anarchists cookbook.

• 2 weeks later...

That time of the year again. Sadly, I haven't been doing much pyro lately, which is a bit sad for this time of the year for me, but things are bound to change in 2012 as I will be moving out to the countryside and will be getting a new workshop. Soo looking forward to that ^_^

Anyway, just popped in to wish everyone here on APC a safe and happy new year with loads of successful pyrotechnics :D

Have a good one guys!

That time of the year again. Sadly, I haven't been doing much pyro lately, which is a bit sad for this time of the year for me, but things are bound to change in 2012 as I will be moving out to the countryside and will be getting a new workshop. Soo looking forward to that ^_^

Anyway, just popped in to wish everyone here on APC a safe and happy new year with loads of successful pyrotechnics :D

Have a good one guys!

Happy New Year to you as well PGF!

-dag

I wish a happy 2012 year to all of you. Enjoy great, happy (and safe) moments in pyro!!

I didn't have time to make much fireworks for the night, I made some 4". I did go pro though. At 00:05 I shot 8 big cakes, then I went back home to shoot mine stuff. Finally came the drinking - nice pork steaks and red wine!!! It was great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmKAwpUgi8k&feature=youtu.be

• 3 weeks later...
Touched off about 30 grams of nitrocellulose in my hand earlier tonight, came out unscathed as expected. As far as I know that's the most that has ever been ignited in anyone's hands. Unfortunately it turned out to be a bad camera shot so I've got to do it over again. Time to go buy another bottle of rooto.

Touched off about 30 grams of nitrocellulose in my hand earlier tonight, came out unscathed as expected. As far as I know that's the most that has ever been ignited in anyone's hands. Unfortunately it turned out to be a bad camera shot so I've got to do it over again. Time to go buy another bottle of rooto.

Seems quite foolhardy.

• 2 weeks later...

I made today 2 X 2 stage rockets, my first 2 stage rocket.

worked well I think, but first stage was too fast....

first stage = cored BP rocket, 2 stage = corless, nozzles salicylate whistle. (both 0.5")

Edited by Givat

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick question. Why have the past few new members been banned? Are they an old forum member who was banned trying to return and just flooding the forum or have these new ones been doing something wrong?..........................Pat

I've noticed this too. I do not personally ban people unless they actively spam the forum. However I've seen people who have registered within the last few hours whom are already banned. I really don't know why for sure. My best guess is that they have a previously banned ip address or e-mail address. Both of which in my opinion are relatively selective as to who they affect. I've never gotten an e-mail that someone has been banned in error.

Thank You so much for the reply. You answered my question. Then it must be someone who is just flooding the forum. ...............Pat

I've noticed this too. I do not personally ban people unless they actively spam the forum. However I've seen people who have registered within the last few hours whom are already banned. I really don't know why for sure. My best guess is that they have a previously banned ip address or e-mail address. Both of which in my opinion are relatively selective as to who they affect. I've never gotten an e-mail that someone has been banned in error.

If they use another IP adress and email, how do you know that they are the same people? Do they use the same usernames, or do you draw the conclusion that they are the same people from the style of their posts, or do they post from a specific location?