APC Forum

Other Hobbies/Things you like to do

PyroJoe

* Martial arts (karate in particular).

* Going to the woods to have a camp fire, identify plants and fungi (particularly edible species) and to hunt and sometimes play around with my weapons.

* Football and tennis. Also like to watch the footy on the telly.

* Reading

* Home brewing and recently distillation.

* My latest hobby is making chainmail, i am currently making a bikini for a woman i know.

* Game and sea fishing.

* Making things.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _DB_

• Richtee

• PyroJoe

• optimus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny you mention making chainmail. I got completely set up to do it a few years ago. I made a coiling machine for wire, the works. Then I learned that my rings were to large and too big of a gauge. If you are fairly good at it, would you mind letting me know what size and thickness you use, and where you obtain your rings?

Good times taking the measurements for the chainmail bikini no doubt. ;)

Well my hobbies are

-Cars (i intend on making mine look pretty cos i cannot insure powerfull)

-Guns (i am 16 next year so i can get a shotgun and i just love gune :D )

-Girls (very little luck here i am afraid)

-Lockpicking

-My dog

-Weights

-karate

-Kickboxing

-Hanging out

So i probably left loads of things out but sure :D

Good times taking the measurements for the chainmail bikini no doubt. ;)

No such luck i'm afraid, she lives a fair way from me and so measurements are discussed via email :(

I'll have get some girls closer to home interested in some chainmail products, or just let me measure them for research or something :)

• 2 weeks later...
my hobbies are gambling(blackjack) pyro, lots of work, i drive a forklift in a giant fridge, drag racing- went to vegas 2 weeks ago for the nationals , i like to watch my 2 boys play sports, baseball soccer football, and i like to get my drink on- jaegger bombs! oh yeah, and i like to chase my wife around the house.

My other hobbies(except pyrotechnyc) are underwater fishing, mountain biking and special forces games

underwater fishing

What other type of fishing is there? :P

underwater fishing

I think he means spear fishing.

That was my attempt at an extremely cheesey joke...... :unsure:

Anyway I enjoy -

-Hunting

-Fishing

-Playing various musical instruments (I'm the most skilled at electric guitar)

-Making stupid songs and raps that I put on the internet, and suprisingly many people come up to me and say how much they love them.

-Wine making (just getting started in this area)

-Playing Sports

-Playing video games

-Making short films and commercials for school

-Electric and fuel powered model airplanes

-Photography

That's all that I can think of at the moment.

free time?

wha...?

anyway, things that I do that I enjoy (at any rate) include:

teaching english (hobby they pay me for)

motorcycles (ever done 90 through a speed trap and gotten away with it? me neither :( )

commercial firearms production (looking at starting a company, got a few dozen of my own personal designs and a half dozen or so other designs I'm looking at purchasing and upgrading before putting them on the commercial market)

linguistics (southeast asian languages, specifically)

medical stuff (geurilla hospitals, for lack of a better term. training random somewhat intelligent villagers to act as doctors and dentists for their villages in places like burma, laos, and northern/western thailand- screwing them over for the sake of the people, so to speak. they don't have a degree, so they can't really leave and get a job anywhere else, so they have no reason to ditch their villages like conventionally trained doctors do)

and to top that off, I do urban exploration, some photography, a bit of parkour, I collect old soviet artifacts (propoganda posters, soviet-era firearms, commie equipment, etc).

oh, and I read a lot. mostly the bible, robert ludlum, and most recently, terry pratchett, von clausewitz, and sun tzu.

underwater fishing

I think he means spear fishing.

hmm <_< yes i meaned spear fishing

• 1 month later...

Hmm other hobbies. Does Pyro give enough for other hobbies, course it does!

I also enjoy constructing websites, anything to do with computers really. I spend half of my life sat at the computer staring at this very screen.

I also enjoy Rocketry, I think Pyro sparked my love for it. I am currently a member of UKRA and Level 1 certified. I have flown BP, APCP & Hybrid rocket motors. The highest power motor I have flown is a J330.

I also like all things RC. I used to race for a club in Wales in the UK. I own both Electric and Nitro powered RC cars / trucks. I also like to modify smaller scale cars (XMODS).

• 2 weeks later...
Fourwheeling, shooting my SKS, drinking :), working on my computer, linux, video games (PS2), movies.

I play Airsoft, Guitar (check the music thread for some videos), Video games (Red Alert 2 and PlanetSide mostly at the moment).

This all ends in august when I go to "college". I use the quotes because its The Citadel (toughest military school in the country) and Hell Week starts August 14th I believe. No Pyro until I'm home in November for a short thanksgiving. Either way they gave me a full ride academic scholarship and after I graduate I am joining the Army hopefully as Infantry and then (hopefully) become a Ranger.

i eat i sleep i play the uke and i spend the rest of my time sitting in my room being very quiet waiting for calls that will never come. i also make my own clothes and i enjoy getting lost in the woods for hours on end. oh yah and i am a diabetic (type one). its the good life

• 4 weeks later...

NASCAR

Guns

Hunting

Beer, preferably my own

Lunch at Hooters :D

Damn, that list almost makes me look like some kind of redneck! Was it the Dale Jr. flag in my front yard, or the shooting range off my back deck that tipped you off?

more HE and chemistry now

pro halo 2 player (mlg)

used to be sponsered racing r/c cars(nitro)

girlfriend

relaxing

working as a cook

dirtbikes

That does make you seem like a redneck hst45! Personally I could never get into Nascar myself. To me it's just cars drving in a circle. I brought this up to my friend who's a die-hard Nascar friend, he got all mad and said "Yeah, but they're going like 200 MPH!" That's true and all, but still, they are just driving in a circle. :)

I only watch it for the crashes! ;) :o

So that is what NASCAR is...

I like rally driving (watching it that is as I dont even have my learners plates yet :P)

Let's see here-

I write fantasy and fiction stories

Play guitar

R/C trucks and planes

Guns

Motorcycles

free energy concepts

hiking- camping- fishing

scuba diving

snowboarding

Hmm, throw in a healthy dose of pyro to all that and I think that's wel rounded :D

I think I can graph the NASCAR equasion

43 cars+43 drivers * 500 miles => 1 winner+21.000db noise+ 7 totalled cars. (note, the reaction is hydrophyllic, as it gives off aproximatly 17,000 cans of Budweiser during the 4 hour reaction).

I've recently picked up skateboarding again. Mainly because a park was built about eight miles from my house. When I was younger I used to try to skateboard all the time, but I was pathetic at it to say the least.

I'm decent at it now. I can only do very basic tricks though. I'm wanting to build a kicker ramp soon out of wood. I cracked my board a few days ago when I landed funny after trying to ollie a small set of stairs. I came back the next day and landed perfectly. There's nothing quite like the feeling of rolling away after landing something you couldn't do before. It's such a great feeling that gets you hooked on skating. :)

Pity though I live in a small town. There's hardly any terrain to skate. The few places there are banned skateboarding, such as the post office. That's why I want to build a kicker, so I have something new to work with.

Anyone else here skateboard?

Hey Dr Boom what trucks and planes you got? I got about 7 planes including cloud dancers, chipmunks, P51D, a trainer or 2 and alot of spare fusalages wings and general crashed planes lol. I got some stadium trucks aswell also built my own hydro and air boat. hst45 you should watch some good old Aussie V8 supercars going around proper tracks with proper crashes and awsome overtaking moves

Anyone else here skateboard?

I did. until I ripped my arm out of its socket at the shoulder skating a vert ramp. Not a fun experience, but I love the fact that I've endured pain that the docs regard as one of the few things that is actually worse than childbirth :D

Now I wakeboard, kitesurf/landboard, but I have to watch myself. I have an 80% chance of re-dislocation now :ph34r: I'm also getting heavily into photography, and have just finished my second paid fireworks gig.