APC Forum

Other Hobbies/Things you like to do

PyroJoe

Well I think its time to start another hobbies thread! Im curious to know what everyone else does in their spare time (besides pyro of course)

My hobbies include:

-Snowboarding

-Wakeboarding

-Chillin with my friends

-Motorcycling

-Women

-Eating

-Web design and development (Currently designing a site for a lady in my neighborhood, which means $$. Im excited)

-My scoot scoot (A little motorised scooter which originally had a 36cc motor on it, then my pocket bike got trashed in a wreck, so I put my pocket bike engine on my scooter. Fun fast little thing. Especially after I added nitrous oxide to it :blink: )

-Watching TV, Mostly The history channel and the discovery channel. They always have something on explosives or chemistry.

That about sums up my hobbies! Maybe ill take some pics of my scooter, its funny looking and cool at the same time.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _DB_

• Richtee

• PyroJoe

• optimus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also enjoy:

Parties,

Eating,

Airsoft\q-tip in a pellet gun

Chillin with friends

Hiking

and listening to music.

Other hobbbies, eh?

Hmmm....

Well, I raise pedigreed cats.

http://www.marlapp.com

I'm expecting a litter of Maine Coon kittens right around 16 May. Vet says she's going to have three. I think I'll use a fireworks theme to name this litter.

Let's see... Sparkler, Firecracker, Rocket, Willow, Chrysanthemum for starters. Anyone else have a name? ;)

I like camping as much as fireworks, so I combine the two at our monthly Guild meetings. I camp in this:

http://www.coachmenclipper.com/2005/classic/1270.htm

and plan to use it a LOT this Summer.

I also fly R/C planes and helicopters.

M

I skydive and play violin. I also used to play tennis, but that was a while ago. I also work as a Dj, and whenever I have some free time, I sit in my studio and (try) to produce music. In the summer I usually take a few weeks off to hike and fish in the northern wilderness.

Oh yes, I also have a Private Pilot License.

Hmmmm, my main hobby other than pyrotechnics, is pretty similar. I'm very big in high power rocketry and fly at the club down here every month. I'm also pretty damn good at baseball, but haven't played in a while for a few reasons. I used to be a pitcher with a nice 65 mph fast ball, when I was twelve. I also like biking, mainly because I don't have a car, but also because I can go to different places. It's pretty fun to bike through the glades and almost run over a gator ;)

Other than pyro I like:

Hunting

fishing

hiking

paintballing

shooting firearms (.45 ACP B))

riding ATV's

reading LOTS of books on special operations (black ops mostly :ph34r:)

archery

playing Special forces video games

American football

I am never bored.... (simple minds are simply amused)

pyrotechnics.

i play clarinet and tuba.

i like to make hovercrafts.

starting to get into electronics (rather Unsuccessfully)

Being sociable.

Debating and philosophy.

and cross country!

... I think I'll use a fireworks theme to name this litter.

Let's see... Sparkler, Firecracker, Rocket, Willow, Chrysanthemum for starters. Anyone else have a name? ;)

I'm partial to Mumbles as a firework related name, hehe. Well, as long as it isn't a stupid bitch cat. There are far to many of those around.

As far as other hobbies, they are varied.

Sleeping

Drinking

Reading

Building stuff

I've been interested in brewing my own beer lately

Theorising

Various sports (baseball, softball against old drunk men, football, frisbee, dodgeball)

Watching TV - usually history channel, comedy central, or discovery, or some sports

Playing with my dog - It should be noted that dogs are far superior to cats. She's a golden retriever and is lazy as hell, but she keeps my feet warm at night.

hanging out with my friends

Researching

Listening to music

Airsoft

I also enjoy hanging out with attractive ladies, but I don't know if that is technically a hobby.

BigBang, at my peak, I got up to low to mid-80's on my fastball. I could throw really hard, but just not accuratly enough. I had a wicked curveball too. I would have been good if I wasn't so wild. I oould hit pretty well too. I've gotten out of training, so I am probably not nearly as good anymore. I'll find out this summer for softball though.

i like to make hovercrafts.

Really? I am also interested in that, but due to my dad not liking my 8x5 Hovercraft parked in the garage, I havent been able to work on it's propulsion(sp?). Ill get a picture once my dad gets his camera from work.

*Like most of you - worship sleeping

*Flying model airplanes (good money source too)

*Graffiti

My other hobbies....hmmm.... I'm pretty boring...

1. Hanging with friends, just chilling nothing in particular

2. Video games

3. camping/fishing/hunting

4. reading

5. exploring - Basically I like to explore places not many people get top see. Examples are roofs of randomn buildings and schools, abandoned houses, and of course woods/caves/cliffs.

The best one I did was me and my buddy went to a Dam at a lake near my house about 11pm and crawled under a few gates/ jumped a few. We got on top of the actual dam, it was so crazy.....plus we noticed these metal trapdoors in the ground and opened it.... A ladder down into the dam....we had to see where it went of course! We clumb down and there was a little observation deck at the bottom of the dam near the water! Pretty cool stuff :P

Hey AVR what kind of bike do you ride? I forgot to add that sleeping is a very good thing... I look forward to every saturday sooo much. Especially if I work till 1:00 A.M. on friday night, I sleep so good! Pyrohawk that reminds me of what my friends and I do every summer. There is a dam in our town that is about 40 feet high and is at about a 70 degree slope, very steep. It gets covered with a thin layer of moss and the water barely runs down it, so it is REALLY slick. It's a blast to slide down, and there is a spot with a lookout platform at the top that you can jump off, but 40 feet is a little scary. Especially since the side you jump off is only about 8 feet deep... not smart. I've heard many people have done it though.

You sure its a real Dam?? Dams are normally taller than that..... The one we explored is a solid concrete wall probably 100 ft or more. It holds back a lake from flooding the nearby town which happened a lot before the dam was built.... Maybe I'll take a picture of it later so you see what I mean....

Yes it is a dam, dams are all sizes... its about 300 feet long and its on a river that runs through our town. The other end of the dam has big metal doors that are on hydraulics that open up to let water through, although I have never seen them open.

Paintball

Woodworking

Building various things. ( trebuchet, squirrel catapult, desk etc...)

Girlfriend ( only if a large ammount of time invested counts as a hobby ;) )

Archery / bow collecting

Sign collecting, truly a fun one :D

Basically I do lots of things to occupy the time that I have out of school. Whether it be work or play. I'm pretty busy being a handy man in the summer because thats when people want houses painted, bathrooms remolded, all of that good stuff. So all of the above are usually winter hobbies.

Yea pyro joe, pop off a pic of that mini scooter. I had a street Go-ped, then some fucker stole it. I hate the gheto next to us. :angry:

I work out three days a week, every week, all year round. School bench press contest coming up in the first week of May. Hope I win in my weight class! Most likely I will. Other than that, I read a lot, I like eating burritos while I wear my new sombrero, I sleep quite a bit, listen to death metal, sit out here on the computer all the time. And I play the Halo's because they are the sweetest games alive!

I graduated high school last year, and am taking a gap year before college (Doing a psych degree) to relax and try an save some money. I enjoy my job, in IT. I also enjoy playing music... Listening to music and chilin with my friends. Id kill my self if i didnt have any friends, they are so cool.

I dont mind gardening either... I have a few vegie patches and love to grow various herbs and mints etc. Strawberries are my favourite though.

At the moment im trying my hand at decorating my apartment too. Getting the right themes and moods in the different rooms. I am focusing on lighting at the moment, it seems to have the greatest impact on the moods of the rooms. Lots of lamps, and down lights with dimmers, as well as a few focus points like lava lamps and laserpods.

Guest pyrokid00000

Hunting

Fishing

Gold hunting

Camping

Riding quads

Archery

Boxing

Toking, and playing the quitar

Thats about it.

I sleep quite a bit, listen to death metal, sit out here on the computer all the time. And I play the Halo's because they are the sweetest games alive!

YES halo is the best game ever!

-Archery ( I was the best in my scout troop, I dont do scouts anymore. I need to start up in archery agian.)

-Paintball

-Building things

-TV, Discovery and History channel also the science channel.

-Sleeping

-Playing the drums

-Eating cereal, I eat it when I read chemistry or any cool book.

-Reading

-Computer

-Halo on computer

-Cinematography ( I own a 50,000 dollar camera, and a sweet cannon camera)

-Weapons, I need to get my shot gun going. I have a 20 and a 12.

I play pc games, such as Battlefeild 2, Counter Strike Source, Dawn of War: Winter Assault and C&C Generals.

I also help my dad out with his motorbikes, a triumph tiger t110 and an MZ trail bike.

Apart from that I just watch TV and go out on my bike.

well im pretty much into most things: cycling, fighting, pyrotechnica, airgun shooting, carnivorous plants-gives me a good alibi for some chems as well. Plenty more really but these are the main ones. :P