APC Forum

Fountains

weknowpyro

well i don't know if this is consitered a fountain but i use:

what ever is in a road flare................ 4

mg................................................. 3

al....................................................2

i just put all that in a magic bullet (blinder) but the mg and al are already ground into dust its pretty sweet my mom saw it and i was already in trouble for pryo and she didn't really care like get mad so i liked it

I would suggest against putting that in a magic bullet. Road flares are generally strontium nitrate, magnesium and saw dust. Putting this alone in a magic bullet is risky enough, why add more risk by adding additional metal. The metals are reactive enough that you could just screen them into the mix and they'd work just the same.

I would also suggest getting your own dedicated magic bulllet, or coffee grinder, or blender. Once an appliance is used for pyro, it really shouldn't ever be used for food. Would you want to eat strontium nitrate? Going off the fact that you're willing to mix that in a magic bullet, I take it you probably also be sloppy in cleaning up as it seems rather careless..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• artificier

• weknowpyro

• FrKoNaLeaSh1010

• Mumbles

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so then how should i mix it and could i just put strontium nitrate in the magic bullet

so then how should i mix it and could i just put strontium nitrate in the magic bullet

Taking powder from a road flare is not a good idea. And I can see you have no idea what you're talking about since you don't have pure strontium nitrate. If you wan't to mix a friction hazardous composition, diapering is probably the best way to go.

I mean that I take the sawdust and stuff out but not the igniter, I hate the igniters, and I’m pretty sure that there are no road flares that are strike anywhere. If that’s not what you are talking about then I will try a different comp. But I made some without the mg and it was even more pretty and road flare are hard to light with out the igniter on the tip I have tried it and it is pointless now I just put a little smoke powder at the beginning of my fountains and they light up just fine never had any problems but I’m not saying that I never will

So what exactly are you worried about me doing using the igniter or just the road flare.

I edited this one.

Wow, I bet you failed english class with flying colors.

I encourage you to take some more time in your posts. Place in capitals when appropriate, add punctuation, that type of thing. Your posts are all we have to base our judgement of you on. So if your posts are unorganized and sound stupid.........well you get the picture.

I no you guys don't like my fountain mix but I made one and lit it. The sparks or stars were like 6 or 7 feet (2 meters) in the air it was great

• 4 years later...

Wow, I bet you failed english class with flying colors.

I encourage you to take some more time in your posts. Place in capitals when appropriate, add punctuation, that type of thing. Your posts are all we have to base our judgement of you on. So if your posts are unorganized and sound stupid.........well you get the picture.

And, don't forget spelling. ie.→ It's judgment, not judgement.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I am still doing stuff, I'm hoping to get more chemicals and figure out how far I want to take this due to legal stuff.

I enjoyed it, but it's poor compared to what I did a year ago.

The comp used hardwood charcoal that was really coarse, and some feti bounces that sort of failed.

(Anyways I think I could entertain myself with fountains for years and years.)

My rather young friend has a couple cans(how does a 13 year old have BP? I don't know) of BP,

he gave a me a 1/4 pound(I should buy a can off him) and wanted me to make a bomb.

I used it for the bounces :D

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IGE6QPW7bAY

(ignore the bad mic that's causing high pitched speech(I'm 19 not 10 :) ) and such)

Edited by jm82792