APC Forum

Fountains

weknowpyro

hi,

I am thingking of making a three way fountain and link them by making a hole in the middle of the first tube linking the fuse through and having the other two go off together(finale). but i'm not sure this would work because when i'm ramming i'm not sure that the fuse will just crumble the mix causing the end cap to blow out. What do you think?

Thanks p.s tell me about good fountains u have done

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• artificier

• weknowpyro

• FrKoNaLeaSh1010

• Mumbles

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe for a finale, have an aerial shell or mine.

Anyways, to link the fountains together I would use quickmatch. Make the fountain as usual and then hand drill (not a power drill) a hole right above the bottom end plug and insert the quickmatch in it. So when the first fountain is just about done the quickmatch ignites the other founains' fuse. I haven't tried it yet so do some tests.

I have tried that and it worked pretty good. I used a bit and manually drilled into the bottom right above the plug and inserted the match and ran it to the top of the next fountain. I only tried it with two fountains. It went silver to gold using bp/aluminum and bp/iron I didn't actually use quickmatch tubing...just wrapped the blackmatch in tape and it worked.

I tried out the three way fountain i had the first one go off by its self and had quick match hook up the other two inside a box and they were postioned diagonals to give a cool effect. The tubes were small cause i was low on chems but they worked really well even though it was over in about 20 secs.At the end all the end caps had blown out but that was when they finished burning so it did not effect the performace. Only question is how do you get the fountain not to spurt i have mad eones before that dnt but my ones recently have can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

P.s thats a pic if the two fountains burning

post-4-1142803600_thumb.jpg

The nozzel is probably getting clogged by ash and stuff. To help eliminate it, I usually add a some BP every now and then to the foutains mix when packing. It produces more gas and clears the nozzel.

That and try it a little bigger when you get some more chems. Also try a different composition. Nothing says you have to stay with the one you used.

The sputtering is caused either by ash/residue build up, too large mesh size of aluminum or uneven ramming.

Weknowpyro, you are very close to getting your first warning. You do not learn how to use the edit button, even though we have told you many times. Don't be a post whore. The admins can change your postcount to 0 anytime, so eventually you will postwhore your way to 0 instead of infinity. Now if you really want to put that picture in there, resize it, and edit it in your old post. If you could actually prove you can use the edit button, I would be impressed.

I made the 3 way fountain worked really well this is a pic of it.

sorry about the last posts i'm not stupid but that was an accident.

post-4-1143139579_thumb.jpg

are those fountains really held onto the box with blutack?

I would recomend making an adjustable clamp for your fireworks, so that it dosent fall over mid burn. My apologies if the blutack was just an extra

they are tapped and also glued with wood glue and the i filled the box with soil before i lit it. But yes it is blutack for extra stability.

• 1 month later...
Wow. They look a little small. How long do they usually last?

around 5 seconds, its a fountain burst

Wow there nice what you use for casings? Looks kinda like bottle caps but im probably wrong.

no your are reason its bottle cap, i try to make air burst with bottle cap and kamuro star composition,work nicely and very beautifull !

no :( and i dont know how to put video on the net :(

I made a small Lancaster fountain tonight, with an explosive finale :D . The formula for the fountain itself was simple, basically black powder with just more charcoal added. I also through in some coarse bits of charcoal for larger sparks (but not much). The formula is listed in the video. From the opening picture in the video you will see the foutain had a larger, shorter tube at its base which I put some fast meal BP in, basically to give it a large pop and shower of sparks finale. Worked out pretty well, the choke on it might have been too large. Anyway, here is the link:

http://media.putfile.com/Small-Lancaster-Fountain

hmm nice vid.but its bad the idea to put bp finale at the end of the fountain ,use 1g flash powder for the finale :) but in general its a very nice device ! nice job !

I made a small Lancaster fountain tonight, with an explosive finale :D . The formula for the fountain itself was simple, basically black powder with just more charcoal added. I also through in some coarse bits of charcoal for larger sparks (but not much). The formula is listed in the video. From the opening picture in the video you will see the foutain had a larger, shorter tube at its base which I put some fast meal BP in, basically to give it a large pop and shower of sparks finale. Worked out pretty well, the choke on it might have been too large. Anyway, here is the link:

http://media.putfile.com/Small-Lancaster-Fountain

LOL..planned explosive finale my ass. The choke clogged up with dross as it usually does with that formula, and it blew.