APC Forum

Two Suspected Burglars Killed When Blow Torch Ignites Fireworks In Safe

AzoMittle

I think that our viewpoints aren't so different after all in that we agree to the following:

1) they did bring it on themselves

2) the contents of that safe were obviously not intended to be tampered with

3) the safes owner was in no way obligated to have the safe labeled (though I do hope they wouldn't have used a torch had it been)

There may be some semantic disagreement in the usage of the term "deserve".

I removed two images from the post mentioned.

The discussion has remained civil, which we appreciate. Thank you.

i know you admin do a lot behind the scenes i appreciate mikeee and his insight to what we all think behind closed doors but thank you admin for removing the pics there is some of us that have scene things like this first hand that it does not bother but is easy to forget the younglings the venture through these posts

just to say though thank you all for expressing your own view {not that this topic is very pyro related has been a good case study to see how different people view this topic

I realize that I am a bit late to the party, but I would like to jump on the bandwagon as well. Thanks TheSidewinder for your continued excellence in moderation.

Could it be considered as manslaughter?

I think the law gives a permission to kill if someone trying to break your house, but in your business?

Interesting stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

If the SOB is still living after the screw up drag his ass up to the porch and put a bullet in his brainless cavity.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

honestly it was there own falt having not broken in they would not have died

if someone robbed somebody elses house and they got shot it would be the same principle but nobody would care that happens all the time

so i would say i dont really feel bad for these people

• Like 3

My take:

1). Liberalism is a mental disorder. Primary eveidence is by way of their never ending support for abortion, while protesting the state sponsored termination of unrepentant repeat violent offenders.

2). "Celebration" of the death of these two is tacky in any setting. The revelers are trying to indicate the disdain they have for criminals (admirable), but they seek to "toughen up" their response by treating it in a non-chelant manner.

3). Any discussion of "making the wrong choice", "perhaps they were starving, we'll never know" or anything even remotely tied to these two examples, please reference item #1 in this list.

4). "Criminal action" has been purposefully warped by the state (all states, everywhere), we are supposed to treat a stupid pothead that got busted smoking a joint, at some level (criminal action), as the rapists, the murderer, the gang member who got busted for the beat-down he had to deliver to make it into his "club". Nonsense. Judaeo-Christian law has always been formally based on the ten commandments, whether you are a believer or not. Thou shalt not kill (murder is the original word, kill is incorrect as the bible and most other religions allow for self defense), and all the rest have parallels to modern law, but the careful observer will note that adultery, which was once codified as a crime, has since been taken off the books almost everywhere. This isn't because we learned something from further reading that justifies it, but because those writing the laws have a hard time keeping their hands off other women, so it was "natural" that this would be "glossed over" as time marched on. This is the very beginning of the slippery slope, now adultery is OK, so what about homosexuality? As recently as the mid '60s, homosexuality was still listed as a mental disorder, and pressure rose up (forget the bible!), to make it "acceptable". Give it time, bestiality will be OK, and while it will take longer, eventually pedophillia will be "OK" too as people seek their perversions without having to deal with labels originating tens of thousands of years ago.

5). Most parents who are otherwise upstanding and law-abiding have dealt with a lifetime of pain when their progeny go off the track of society. A good number of them take a form of relief knowing their progeny can do no more harm following a case like this. Some parents are themselves criminals, or former (or current) gang members, so they see this as an afront, "my baby was a good boy, he just never got a break from "the man", meaning they too could have put their parents through this, but somehow managed to escape, and are distressed that their offspring didn't.

So, these guys were criminals, acting as criminals in every step to their demise. As a human being, I'm sad they were criminals, because defining things as crimes is at the most base level meant to discourage that activity for the protection of all. They ignored this, and decided their own fate in the process. In doing so, they managed to reduce the risk to the balance of society by some small degree, and they only thing to be thankful or celebrate about in that is they didn't take any innocent bystanders with them.

DAS

My father had a saying that when like this "If they would have asked I would have given it to them". He did not like thieves, to him they were worthless.

If they (the men who were stealing ) would look they would have found help somewhere here in the U.S., if they were starving there are places to go to be feed. I have seen others stand on the corner by Wally-World with signs asking for help. So it come down to that they were wrong and it was a shame that they payed for it with their lives, if they would have not done the crime they would be alive with no harm done. They both made a bad choice and they were not forced into this act of stealing. It is still a shame that they died for the want of stealing another mans property.....................Pat

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

WOW! I like the way you people think! I feel right at home here. :)

• 5 months later...

i dont like all you people ranting on about how good it is these people died, seriously, think about it, the will of these people no longer exists on this world, nor their consciousness, its just poof, or rather boom, they are gone.

Your viewpoint is all wrong here, death is not a punishment, its just a sentiment for peoples own malice. They should have survived, then they would have gotten what they had comming to them, seeing as how they would be around to receive said thing.
Be it prison, su-ery for property damage, and/or severe explosion maiming, those would all have been better punishments, because at least theyd be around to regret their actions, and at very least the presence of people like that has nothing but a positive influence in the world. I mean really, if your some burglar terrorist punk, out to steal my gold, what are you gonna think about right before you cross the line, a piece of text in a newspaper, or the image of that sad old literal lump who lives down the road that was once just like you doing what your doing.

• 4 months later...

I think the only shame here is the fact that these disrespectful low-lifes decided they would go ahead and trespass and destroy another man's property with intent to steal it. Once you decide to cross that line, ALL BETS ARE OFF. They knew it was not theirs, they knew they should not be doing it. But they chose to do it anyway. That's the crucial point where they assumed any and all risk and responsibility for the outcome.

I very strongly and sincerely feel that death is a legitimate punishment for willful destruction and theft of another man's property. Especially a case as clear cut as this.

Theft violates one of the most fundamental laws of society, the ownership of property, and it sickens me how it's tolerated and treated as a misdemeanor usually.

• Like 1

Lesson learned: Dig into unknown box with unknown content, and decide to light a flame...

I think that goes under the definition of "Free, self-made choices".

"stealing "possessions" equates to stealing the life you swapped earning those possessions"

truth. a lot of people don't get this. an item may only cost money but money costs time i can never get back. if one should lose their life while stealing life from another, that is balance. when you cross the line to violent criminal (rape, battery, murder, theft, vandalism) you become a detriment to civilized society. is "civilization" a good thing? not always. could they have been rehabilitated? possibly. did they get what they deserve? who knows. these deaths may have been a karmic action for some other horrid thing in thier past. do i think this was the best possible outcome? of course not. far be it from me to decide who deserves life or death but i do know this: it is unlikely they would have fared much better on my property under similar circumstances as there are children and elderly present and we are quite fierce about their protection.

as far as liabilities are concerned, the families should not be involved. these individuals were not minors and therefore, responsible for their own actions. this is an insurance deal. as far as any percieved liability on the part of the property owner, these two committed suicide. plain and simple.

I can't believe what I'm reading, how can you guys think burglars deserve to die... jezus christ man. Have you ever considered these guys may have had a good reason? They may be bad to the bone, but they may just as well be desperate as fuck, even if they're junkies. Ever tried heroin withdrawal? That will make you break into someones house.

My condolences to the family of the burglars

i dont like all you people ranting on about how good it is these people died, seriously, think about it, the will of these people no longer exists on this world, nor their consciousness, its just poof, or rather boom, they are gone.

Your viewpoint is all wrong here, death is not a punishment, its just a sentiment for peoples own malice. They should have survived, then they would have gotten what they had comming to them, seeing as how they would be around to receive said thing.

Be it prison, su-ery for property damage, and/or severe explosion maiming, those would all have been better punishments, because at least theyd be around to regret their actions, and at very least the presence of people like that has nothing but a positive influence in the world. I mean really, if your some burglar terrorist punk, out to steal my gold, what are you gonna think about right before you cross the line, a piece of text in a newspaper, or the image of that sad old literal lump who lives down the road that was once just like you doing what your doing.

so basically them being erased from the world isn't enough, you want them to survive and suffer......?

Wtf makes you people think like this...

• Like 2

Hi all,

I usually refrain from these conversations, but I can't help myself. I admit I have only skimmed some posts, but I think I get the gist of it.

It reminded me of a saying, " seems it is time for a little bleach in the gene pool" seems these guys just added bleach to their own pool.

I would not loose any sleep over it. I have a fence and locks on the door, they identify my property, and they mean unless your are invited in, please stay out, if you are uninvited guest intent on doing harm to my property or family, I can not be responsible for your safety. Sorry if you don't agree with me, but that is the way I roll.

Matt

I would not loose any sleep over it. I have a fence and locks on the door, they identify my property, and they mean unless your are invited in, please stay out, if you are uninvited guest intent on doing harm to my property or family, I can not be responsible for your safety. Sorry if you don't agree with me, but that is the way I roll.

I agree with you, but the thing is, here in Sweden, the law says differently. If your trespassing on my lawn, and step on a rake, which pops up, and hits you square in the face, then you can sue me for damages. Same thing, if i store ammo, or recharge powder in a unmarked, locked cabinet, for example a gun cabinet, and you try and cut in to it, setting stuff off, and get harmed, or killed in the process, then i can, and will be held responsible. The law here is nothing short of stupid. It's the nanny state holding everyones hand, at all times. Including the bad guys.

B!

Quoted from the owner (Komisarek) of the premises and the safe:

Komisarek added that he was saddened by the news.

“I just want to put my feelings out toward the families of the individuals that are deceased,” said Komisarek. “My thoughts are with them at this point.”

Seems like the alleged victim Komisarek (and I only say alleged because I have an alternate theory) He at least showed some compassion for the family.

I'll discuss my alternate theory later.

Personally I feel that death to these two 'thieves' was not deserved but I'm not the judge and no-one else is either, except for the "big one" whether that be an omnipresent god or karma and/or both.

Going by the report, they clearly had no intention of harming anyone.

They broke into a business premises in the early hours of the morning - obviously only with the intent of robbery.

Unbeknown to them, there were commercial fireworks stored in the safe - big bang - dead. An accident... a planned murder or divine intervention?

It would be very different if those two individuals broke into my house in the early hours of the morning (with my children at home) - I would be up out of bed in a flash - grab my strategically placed cricket bat (they don't let us have guns here) and give them one opportunity to "get the fuck out" otherwise I would attempt to beat their skulls into a smashed pulp. Perhaps I would fail and be the dead one, but I would give it my best shot! Self defense.

My alternate theory:

Mr Komisarek found out that one of the perpetrators was having an affair with his wife (lover, brother, whatever). Being a particularly jealous man, he was so enraged he hatched his dastardly murderous plan against him.

Having known him, and also that he had a shady past, he engaged him under the pretense that it would be an "insurance job" All he had to do was break into the safe and steal the contents, then insurance could be claimed.

At some point during the night Komisarek planted the commercial fireworks in the safe knowing of the eventual outcome.

Strangely, when you think about it, why would someone put a large amount of fireworks in a metal safe??

Do I believe that's what happened? - No I don't, but it's a possibility that could be entertained.

The point is that we really don't know, but "every single death of a person" in our world should be considered, and never discounted as deserved. Sometimes choices have to be made, but it should never be taken lightly - perhaps in duty that has to be done if at war, but should never be relished. never ever.

My Grandfather had to kill others in WWII - He always felt bad about it.

These two young blokes fucked up and just made a bad mistake - "an accident" - unless of course you believe in my aternate theory.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

I think hindsight put it beat when he said:

I fully agree that the blame is on the burglars, but strongly disagree with the idea that they got what they deserved. Their crime was punishable by jail, not death, and it is disgraceful to see the lack of sympathy. Pair the violent and buligerant comments with the ones highlighting the problems with society and you have painted a very hypocritical picture. I'm not saying that the criminals were justified in stealing, just that it is a sad state of affairs when people mock the dead. Those boys have more than paid the price for their crimes already. Why ridicule them and disrespect their grieving family? Also, some of the posts were just outright rude and distasteful. Unless you knew these guys motives reserve your judgements. We have all made poor choices at one point or another.

100% this.

It's not the safe owners fault, they were doing something illegal, but that doesn't mean they deserved to die, let alone be riddiculed after death.

some of the posters on this thread..

I can't believe what I'm reading, how can you guys think burglars deserve to die... jezus christ man. Have you ever considered these guys may have had a good reason? They may be bad to the bone, but they may just as well be desperate as fuck, even if they're junkies. Ever tried heroin withdrawal? That will make you break into someones house.

My condolences to the family of the burglars

I agree. Nobody deserves to die, more than anybody else.

However, I do feel that they chose their own destiny by opening a box with unknown content, and then decide to light a flame.

Let's assume, for a second, that the burglars had no reason what-so-ever to think of pyrotechnics. It could've been gasoline, or some other flammable substance. I really feel that it was a self-made choice, even if it was made out of stupidity. As we all do sometimes :D

Lets look at a little of the damage done by burglars.

A little old lady who lives alone comes home from shopping finds her home has been robbed of what little she owns.

What do you think well happen to this person? You think she will ever feel safe in her own home again?

She would be scared to death after that, every night when she goes to bed she will be frighten to go to sleep. Every sounds she hears will frighten her, is that a burglar, are they back, well they hurt me?

What do you think happens when a burglars break into someones home or into their property. That we just say oh well. No it causes good people to worry about their own safety and that of their loved ones.

A burglar may feel that it is their rights and that others owe them a better living than what they have giving them. So is it OK to steal from others. or to terrorize other just to have what another person has?

Long prison terms are a waste of money when housing thiefs. So what should happen with a thief, we can not leave them loose, prison doesn't work. So what do we do with them?

Yes if feel for the burglars family but the the thiefs.................Pat