APC Forum

Rocket Tooling - Spindle Material?

btdk34

Ahh forgot about those. That brings my list to 15ish for my spindle then; Benny whistle, color tailed, BP, LWS, strobe, whistle assisted BP, whistle assisted nozzled BP, whistle assisted stinger, stinger, nozzleless, howler (sorta counts), chuffers, Super Whistle, Muth #2, and MnO2. I think that in some ways "Universal" is only limited by the imagination :)

What do you mean by Sali whistle? Just toned down Sali whistle pressed all the way up?

WB

Benzoate Whistle can be used all the way up the spindle most of the time but as you say, Sali Whistle would be used only for the first four or so increments followed up by Benzo whistle or BP.

Not that this is a good idea nor do I recommend it but using lots of Ti with the Sali will give a huge Ti tail and will slow the Sali down enough to not CATO. Saw it in Mason City and then saw the spindle... OUCH!

-dag

Oh okay, I thought you were talking about a different type of motor that used all Sali whistle, but you are just talking about long winded screamer type and whistle assisted BP.

That would be quite a shower of Ti sparks I am sure.

btdk, I can't wait to see some rockets from you.

WB

Oh okay, I thought you were talking about a different type of motor that used all Sali whistle, but you are just talking about long winded screamer type and whistle assisted BP.

That would be quite a shower of Ti sparks I am sure.

btdk, I can't wait to see some rockets from you.

WB

Sorry, there will be nothing special this year, I have been working on a project and the Superstring, just no time for fun pyro this spring.

-dag

• 2 months later...

I have been working on a #3 UT set for someone here that won a contest some time ago and I did some work on a brand new 1# UT design using an auto ejecting all brass/bronze spindle/base combo. No tools are needed to eject the motor from the spindle, even Sali whistle pops right off.

This is the first one done, I have some buffing and polishing to do still but all of the bugs are worked out and I am ready to make them for you all. A complete set, including four 6061 Aluminum rammers, cross pin and two nut pins, including shipping via USPS for $175.00.

Only 8 sets will be made!!

Now taking pre-orders for November delivery: coldfire11@msn.com If you want to reserve your set, you can make payment via PayPal at this email address and you will be guaranteed to get yours.

Brass/Bronze 1 pound UT spindle

-dag

Edited by dagabu

Funny, I get emails monthly from people asking me to make tooling for them but this one is silent. Whats up?

-dag

I've been known to trade for Magnalium you know wink2.gif

-dag

possible in a few weeks, busy cutting trees and cooking charcoal :)