APC Forum

"Saxon" challenge

allrocketspsl

I was refering more to size of wood. (Here come the jokes) LOL.

well yes its wood but not just any kind of wood,its aged pine.Already has all the moisture removed so no warping will occur.Pretty nasic design but I have learned a few lessons along the way and took the time to use wood streamers for all the bm to ride on instead of hanging unsuspended like some do and it always ends up with mis fires.Youll see what I mean after color pots and drivers and saxons are in place.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• allrocketspsl

• Col

• californiapyro

• warthog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
drivers all rammed colour pots also.Just need to strap them to the wheel and fire it up.!! Edited by allrocketspsl

drivers all rammed colour pots also.Just need to strap them to the wheel and fire it up.!!

post-10235-0-13754900-1330267766_thumb.jpg

wow! when's it being launched?

at my swamp location,perfect place can shoot year round,just gotta watch for gator's mate going for a next week shoot with five 3lbs rockets and headers,a small show!!

roll on next week..can`t wait to see it :)

me to,lol this is the first one I have made in a year or so going to have to make more

Can't wait to see the vid for this. Looks like it's going to be awesome.

Can't wait to see the vid for this. Looks like it's going to be awesome.

I hope so mate fusing it now with 12 color pots and a couple of whitles for extra effect

c'mon, light it!

c'mon, light it!

do it do it do it

OIC, you moved it here. My bad. blush.gif

The pix look mighty promising! 2smile.gif

Do you use a simple hub or do you have some bearings in there behind the wood? cool2.gif

I have a few wheels to make here after Easter that should be a lot of fun. whistle.gif

Maybe we can compare notes someday? 2huh.gif

OIC, you moved it here. My bad. blush.gif

The pix look mighty promising! 2smile.gif

Do you use a simple hub or do you have some bearings in there behind the wood? cool2.gif

I have a few wheels to make here after Easter that should be a lot of fun. whistle.gif

Maybe we can compare notes someday? 2huh.gif

just a simple metal sleeve for the whell to spin around a lag bolt

I see, I have been using some old wheel barrow wheels, they are two piece, so I take them apart and use the part with the bearings in them. Then I use the holes used to bolt the two wheel halves together to bolt on a hub and to this I attach the arms of my wheel. I find I can use less powerful drivers or I can use the same driver and really get it spinning fast.

I was hoping you had lit the wheel, that was the video I was waiting for but thanks! :)

Edited by warthog