APC Forum

Please join with me in an effort to clean up YouTube a little bit

davis050594

Another dumb kid making garden store black powder grinding it by hand and then igniting it .right next to the open BP jar. Not to mention he said to make flash powder you just use magnesium instead of the charcoal.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=x9LyjyDsPhE

You can tell this guy will never be a pyro because he says BP smells bad...

I like the smell of burning black powder, but when it is wet I don't like the smell so much and I love the hobby. Don't have a problem with the smell of dry BP either I wish I had more time, money and safe storage to practice! Wait one more thing a girl who loves pyro as much as I do, Edited by Vrizla

• 4 weeks later...

You can tell this guy will never be a pyro because he says BP smells bad...

That's a big true :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
can we give "iliya1997" a moment in the spotlight? the entirity of his pyrotechnics consists of grinding match heads (!) with a mortar and pestle, and adding charcoal calling it "black powder" and then when I attempted to save his life by telling him not to grind friction-ignited matches, he said "mashes arent frkshun ignitid so fuuk off!" ............. o.o

can we give "iliya1997" a moment in the spotlight? the entirity of his pyrotechnics consists of grinding match heads (!) with a mortar and pestle, and adding charcoal calling it "black powder" and then when I attempted to save his life by telling him not to grind friction-ignited matches, he said "mashes arent frkshun ignitid so fuuk off!" ............. o.o

we are lazzy if you expect us to do anything give us a link

Ralph, do you really think you should be calling other people lazy, when you're too lazy to even spell it correctly?

Ralph, do you really think you should be calling other people lazy, when you're too lazy to even spell it correctly?

re read I said we as in I and other people. its not lazy I attempt to correct every word that's highlighted by spell check (chromes spell check is less than brilliant)

great thread davis--thanx for starting this. Andy Warhol's turning in his grave at all these non-entities basking in their fifteen minutes of fame.

mum, i believe that's "whitepyro"s vid. does he have an account here?

It's easier than one would think to forget about safe shooting gear when you are in a hurry.

A couple times I have forgotten safety glasses while shooting rockets ~15 feet away, scared myself enough (even though nothing went wrong) that I doubt ill do that again...

However, I think the real question is here, why in the hell does he have spandex shorts? :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

It's easier than one would think to forget about safe shooting gear when you are in a hurry.

A couple times I have forgotten safety glasses while shooting rockets ~15 feet away, scared myself enough (even though nothing went wrong) that I doubt ill do that again...

However, I think the real question is here, why in the hell does he have spandex shorts? :whistle:

Um yes that is my video, Kiwis don't wear spandex shorts by the way, they are 100% cotton Canterbury of NZ shorts .

Um yes that is my video, Kiwis don't wear spandex shorts by the way, they are 100% cotton Canterbury of NZ shorts .

Ah I was just messing around man. Oh that's good then, just looks like spandex in the video.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dunno, think I would be far more worried about what SOPA & PIPA (in regards to the net)have to bring to the table than anything YouTube is doing to harm the community. These little tidbits of unconstitutionality have given the FBI some amazing international arrest powers that they are already starting to exercise.

One more step towards Big Brother taking office, just 28 years later than Orwell thought it would be...

Edited by warthog

Dunno, think I would be far more worried about what SOPA & PIPA (in regards to the net)have to bring to the table than anything YouTube is doing to harm the community. These little tidbits of unconstitutionality have given the FBI some amazing international arrest powers that they are already starting to exercise.

One more step towards Big Brother taking office, just 28 years later than Orwell thought it would be...

Oh yes, I've been following that for sure.

Scary stuff.

Oh yes, I've been following that for sure.

Scary stuff.

Double Plus Ungood indeed. :)

so considering I can still find all of these videos on YouTube, has anyone even tried to report them yet? Is it working or have all of you just been posting what you find to be abuse without actually taking things in hand and doing something about it? I am only curious here, not trying to enrage or fight with anyone but since these videos don't seem to be disappearing at all, I am wondering if anything is or can be done.

I've reported a few. I have seen them disappear as well so it can be done if the video has a child making something like BP or other fireworks or explosive mixes without a parent in sight. So again, if this is just post your favorite stupid fireworks videos, then I will do that, otherwise I will just go ahead and continue simply reporting those I find to be so outrageous as to be too dangerous for folks to really be watching, meaning kids who have no parents watching and getting the idea that this is something they too should give a whirl while mommy & daddy are at work or are otherwise too busy to pay attention to what they are doing.