APC Forum

Please join with me in an effort to clean up YouTube a little bit

davis050594

I thought this comment was pretty funny on a video::)

The purest KCio4 around can be extracted from human excrement. Just go to a public outhouse, drop a hose into the holding tank, and siphon as much as you can into a container. Bring this home, pour it into your mom's favourite SS pot, and boil it for 3 hours on your stove. Grind up the resulting material in a blender, and it's ready for use. As for ai, just mix equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate.

That's a hoot!

"Grind up the resulting material in a blender, and it's ready for use."

Ralph, did you post that? :lol:

That's a hoot!

"Grind up the resulting material in a blender, and it's ready for use."

Ralph, did you post that? :lol:

mabey :) ... nah wasnt me

many people have tried to learn me english most saided it would be less hard to teached a drunkin kingaro to fly an aroplane

mabey :) ... nah wasnt me

many people have tried to learn me english most saided it would be less hard to teached a drunkin kingaro to fly an aroplane

Well maybe I can just buy you a beer sometime. :)

As an owner of a youtube channel with nearly 100 subscribers, I can attest to the fact that youtube is a special kind of hell for those with good intentions and intelligence.

let me tell you the dangers of helping people out on youtube.

One day, while watching a video, I came upon a man who was in Ireland. He seemed interested in fireworks, but didn't know where to start, and didn't really have a clue. So I helped him out, and pointed him to the right places. He seemed like he had good intentions, just wanted to make fireworks.

WRONG!

He sent me a message linking to a video of a b*mb he made with ammonium nitrate magnesium flash and galvanized threaded pipe, taped to a glass jug full of gasoline and said. "man thanks, imma go throw one of these f***ers into the window of some a**hole, then noone will f**k with me! maybe I should join the ira. those guys make some sweet b*mbs!"

I was scared sh*tless, joke or not, he made a b*mb, and then proclaimed his intent to kill and maim people and a desire to join a terrorist organization, and I helped him. He was blocked, and his messages deleted. His account was deleted .

In any case, here are a few gems:

link

link

link

Flag away my friends, flag away.

What the heck?? Is this guy a lunatic? They should lock this guy up. He has one serious social problem.

This makes flagging worth it to just stop these guys.

Edited by kaizoku

I have a few videos of my ground salutes on youtube. I didnt market them as bombs or c00l fl4sh d00d or anything. I compared them to black cats. Should I remove these to be safe, or am I alright?

http://www.youtube.c...aspyrobros&aq=f

Please tell me that the rocket being launched here in your video is not being launched from whithin a pvc tube that is being held at an angle by a person...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zou1kE6nwZ0

Please tell me that the rocket being launched here in your video is not being launched from whithin a pvc tube that is being held at an angle by a person...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Zou1kE6nwZ0

It looks gray so i think it is pvc......... But I do not know for sure...

But still it looks really dangerous if it exploded it would have killed them both.

Edited by kaizoku

Some of these look pretty tame... others parts of the safety are good... and some parts are bad...

Whats your beef with the rocket out of the tube? That he was holding it? I have seen worse on funny tv shows... But I would not go so far as to get it removed. I mean shit...

Whats to say a random explosion called a "l33t bomb" isn't just some kewl video taking some normal pyro's salute, video taping it, and uploading it to youtube?

Who do you think youtube would choose to to remove vids if they did an outright ban on amateur pyro? Do you think they would really discriminate between a salute and a bomb?

We never have the full picture.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

... but judging is soooo much fun... so we wont stop... but maybe we can think a bit more about how we never have the full picture...

Agreed with Bob. Make sure the videos you are flagging are truly showing dangerous acts, don't just flag because the people are obviously idiots.

Whats your beef with the rocket out of the tube? That he was holding it? I have seen worse on funny tv shows... But I would not go so far as to get it removed. I mean shit...
The beef is that it is just unsafe, especially if it is a PVC tube that it is being launched from within. If the motor CATOs inside of that PVC tube the PVC will shatter sending dangerous shrapnel everywhere. Its OK to launch FROM a PVC tube, ie. stick inside the tube only, motor above the tube opening. But from within the tube = potential disaster. I'm not trying to get his vid flagged or anything, I just don't want to read a story of some dude getting seriously hurt or killed while launching rockets from within a tube while holding it.

Hmmmmm, sounds like someone is repeating what i had said earlier.

I would appreciate it if I were judged if I were using a PVC pipe as a mortar being held in my hand.

I guess if someone really wants to make a homemade jet pack with ammonium perchlorate and bottles of gasoline, no one's really going to stop him.

It looks like Youtube is allowing entire channels of nothing but pipe bombs, badly designed flamethrowers, etc., but the more intelligent amateurs who post here have had their videos pulled or their accounts suspended. Go figure.

I guess if someone really wants to make a homemade jet pack with ammonium perchlorate and bottles of gasoline, no one's really going to stop him.

It looks like Youtube is allowing entire channels of nothing but pipe bombs, badly designed flamethrowers, etc., but the more intelligent amateurs who post here have had their videos pulled or their accounts suspended. Go figure.

Youtube isn't allowing any such thing. Give them some slack, just try screening a million plus new videos every day. Unless things are brought to their attention by flagging it's unlikely they will ever become aware of them. Personally I think flagging bomb videos is a waste of time. There will always be people blowing stuff up irresponsibly. What needs to be countered are videos showing dangerous ways to manufacture those items, which could result in people besides those who made the video getting hurt. This is why I have my channel, it is an attempt to give another option for a pyro outlet besides dangerous acts. What have we learned about banning things in the past, it just makes whatever the object or act in question is all the more prevalent. What needs to be done is to show that there is a safe, more fulfilling, and in many respects more badass side of amateur pyrotechnics when it's done the right way. The select few that have a full understanding of this alternative and continue their bad practices would have continued in that way regardless, and will sooner or later learn their lesson or be weeded out by Darwin.

NightHawkInLight, I'm not attacking the site policy in general. There's too much out there. I'm saying that the flagging is inconsistent. Yeah, I know: it goes without saying; life isn't fair; live and let live. I'm over it. I've never had my own channel, but I honestly don't feel like I'm missing much.

I also didn't mean to imply that I support the idea of blindly censoring people or going on a moral crusade. Getting in someone's face isn't going to get the message across. I don't even like the idea of judging a huge number of people I've never met and branding them idiots or criminals. Like you said, there have to be better alternatives. I don't know why I'm emotionally invested in this at all. Maybe I've had bad mentors in the past, or something. Anyway, I'll leave the flagging to everyone else for now.

ETA: emotionally invested, clearly.

Edited by DasSchaben

NightHawkInLight, I'm not attacking the site policy in general. There's too much out there. I'm saying that the flagging is inconsistent. Yeah, I know: it goes without saying; life isn't fair; live and let live. I'm over it. I've never had my own channel, but I honestly don't feel like I'm missing much.

I also didn't mean to imply that I support the idea of blindly censoring people or going on a moral crusade. Getting in someone's face isn't going to get the message across. I don't even like the idea of judging a huge number of people I've never met and branding them idiots or criminals. Like you said, there have to be better alternatives. I don't know why I'm emotionally invested in this at all. Maybe I've had bad mentors in the past, or something. Anyway, I'll leave the flagging to everyone else for now.

ETA: emotionally invested, clearly.

I really didn't mean to come off in any way aggressive to your post, I was just using it as a jumping off point to speak my own opinions.

I really didn't mean to come off in any way aggressive to your post, I was just using it as a jumping off point to speak my own opinions.

You just caught me off guard. It sort of came across as a lecture stating a point of view that I already agree with. I'm irritated with myself. I'm not usually this reactive. Triggering subject, apparently, so I'll try to avoid these kinds of topics. I'm not capable of staying objective.

• 5 weeks later...
haha people give ma hard time for using flash powder even in salute inserts or for a booster in shells, but i would never be dumb enough to film bombs and put them on YouTube.

Unfortunately the law doesn't cover stupidity nor people holding the "ID 10 T" license... that's "idiot" to all the non-military pyros. We have one critical item that most of these boomers and kewls do not have; discretion.

A word of caution to those that flag and receive the ever popular hate mail: use good judgment on the battles you can win. A good example of a victory is someone that stops the destructive device posting, how-to’s with dangerous practice and seeks wise consul.

While a failure will only see a person spread spite and ill determination elsewhere.

about the rocket PVC tube. I assume its a normal paper tube rocket being launched from inside a PVC tube. I think its stupid and i wouldn't do it. They probably wanted to get the extra power of the exhaust gases propelling the rocket inside the tube (if that makes sense)

If you watch his other videos, he looks like a pretty good pyro but dont know why he would be holding the rocket tube when launching a SALUTE rocket.

I thought this comment was pretty funny on a video::)

Heh, that was the comment I left on one of my videos when a particularly incompetent kid asked me 'where to get kcio4 and ai'. I figured it was trolling, so I trolled back.

Now, I have to say that you guys are being FAR too judgmental with regards to many of these videos. Many of the 'k3wl b0mb d00dz' you despise and ridicule so incessantly are individuals who are simply having harmless fun with large firecrackers. I completely agree with flagging the incredibly reckless acts like 300g TATP pipe bombs, but salutes are still legitimate pyrotechnic devices. People have differing tastes in energetic chemistry; some like pretty colours, and some enjoy high velocity gas displacement. They will always be lumped together in the mainstream, so it makes little sense for amateur pyros to be flagging pyrotechnic related videos on such a popular and influential site.

I noticed someone had linked to one of my videos on the first page, and it pisses me off to see that some of you are so close minded. I am not a pure pyro by any means, and I do a lot more work with HE and projectile launchers than pyrotechnics, but I'm not a k3wl either. I have not once referred to any of my devices as a 'bomb', I don't use metal casings, and I certainly don't post instructional videos or 'Instruct my followers' as one person stated earlier in the thread. When people inquire about my processes, I give them advice on how to work safely with high energy materials and steer them away from dangerous compositions and casing designs.

Most of my videos are HE and launcher related, but I have a few that were thrown together with the primary purpose of providing entertainment. Yes, they do contain a lot of salutes and appliance/electronics destruction, but like so many similar YouTube videos, they are still entertainment. That's why we all do this stuff, right? I don't see the need to discriminate based on which methods people use to reach that euphoria. Flag the videos which demonstrate acts that have a LEGITIMATE chance to maim or kill the experimenter, or depict blatantly illegal activity like property destruction or animal abuse (I've seen both). Leave the harmless fun alone.

Edited by SB15