APC Forum

Getting a license fireworks

Moneytheman

Off the subject for a moment; Is it just me or is the word hypocrite used constantly to blow past sensible discussion? The short version of the definition of hypocrite is "Do as I say, not as I do." How on earth has anybody whom has posted in opposition to Moneytheman being hypocritical?

"Disrespected" is also a widely used word among those seeking to bypass reasonable communication and they do not allow the thought that their words are disrespectful as much if not even more than the person they seek to beat down.

Bill Cosby had a cartoon many years ago which there was one young man Rudy, that had a moniker he repeated often, "Man, you're like school during the summer. No Class."

Not surprising the number #1 argument fallacy argumentum ad hominem

FWIW, the conversation started congenially. He asked advice, and was given a LOT of it. And it was all good. In fact, the 'good advice' went on for almost three pages of responses.

But he continued to object that it shouldn't apply to him, only to the rest of us 'jerks' who try to observe the law.

That's when I fell out.

Lloyd

this site belongs to two people here who perform all the necessary duties required for forum moderation: mumbles and sidewinder. they set forth rules for us all to observe so that we could have a place to exchange ideas and safety information in a civil and productive environment. to approach the forum with no respect for those rules or for the people who provided this place is disgraceful.

• Like 1

Guys- I'm glad because I wouldn't have found this site(been on pyrofan) and seen that Lloyd was on here. I have to laugh because I went full circle over on the other site. It reminds me of the old days back on rec.pyrotechnics right after school gets out for summer. Amazing- that was probably 20 years ago right after the PGI convention in Muskegon.

Time does fly- but the same questions still remain.

Like I said page 1 shows a person started calling me dumb I said nothing bad to that person and then more insult me first like I said its ok to insult new people here but the new person responds to it and hes wrong Edited by Moneytheman

Money, was it true? Was your answer fairly characterized as "dumb"? I have been called much worse by Lloyd and he is still my friend, In fact, I am going to travel almost 3000 miles round trip to see him, and a few others as well. :P

Like I said page 1 shows a person started calling me dumb

That is a factual flat out LIE, I just searched the entire first page (1-29 post) for verification and the word "dumb" does not exist in any post, what I see on the first page was you trying to pretend the law doesn't apply to you, and being corrected multiple times by others trying to correct your faulted opinion that you are above the law...

Being told you are factually wrong does not equate to being called "dumb", ignorant or intransigent maybe but not dumb...

Another way to look at the first page is that several people were initially quite cordial and answered your questions with facts, truths and solid legal advice, you didn't like those answers and proceeded to argue back insesively on the premise that you were or should be above the law and the law should not apply to you because it's a hassle and expensive to comply, it was at that point that the conversation took a turn against you... A turn in the conversation brought upon by your own continued drivel, unable to concede to the truths and facts several others were attempted to point out, a path you still continue down unwilling to take any advice to correct it...

Edited by AllisterF

It was a mistake yea it wasnt said but that guy Lloyd the way he talks acts like I am the way he talked I even told him he was wrong and he had no response to it cause he knows im right I first told him how he was wrong he was offended by being wrong and told me how cause of what he was thought that im wrong even tho im not and oldmarine is mental he tried to tell me how I seem like I'm up to something even tho he got no history of me so that was silly to say

You're right, I should have realized you were too Goddamned stupid to be up to anything. You can't be gone from here quick enough for me but likely sooner rather than later you'll take yourself out of the gene pool and quit stealing oxygen from the rest of us.
  • Like 2

I know that jord I need one i still dont know why I need storage if I only have 1 box of 1.75 a box having 144 of em

You need to talk to an ATF agent. They will make you understand.

Edited by dynomike1
  • Like 1

Maybe you could do it cheaper. It's sort of difficult to really say having never done it myself. I was ball parking figures. A cubic yard of cement for a foundation, some cinder blocks, more cement and sand to fill the bricks, 2 ATF approved padlocks, sheet metal, wood, etc. Costs add up. This assumes you already have the land and a suitable place to locate the magazine. Look into the requirements. I might be totally off base.

I built my own like that about 15 years ago, and i invested $800. doing the work and scraping blocks. The door is whats expensive.

You're right, I should have realized you were too Goddamned stupid to be up to anything. You can't be gone from here quick enough for me but likely sooner rather than later you'll take yourself out of the gene pool and quit stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

Oh come on, Pat. Tell us how you really feel. It *is* frustrating to try to help someone who is absolutely determined to not be helped.

"You can lead an ass to knowledge, but you cannot make them think."

Bob

• Like 1

Well, I tried and tried to get moneytheman to get past the issues but I am afraid that he is completely uneducated, self absorbed, mostly illiterate and completely entitled. We went back and forth with many, many PM's but to no avail. Sad, really.

Dave: You deserve another ring on your halo for that. I fear that I have become much too short to deal with someone like MtM. It is folks like you that have the potential to bring younger or less experienced people into the hobby. After the second or third unintelligible response, I am done. Again, thank you for your approach--try until it becomes indisputable that you cannot get through before reluctantly giving up.

Enjoy PGII.

Bob

Edited by bobd

Life is to short to tolerate bone-heads. God helps those who help themselves. If He won't help a moron like that who am I to try? I have patience for all human flaws except a stiff neck and wanton ignorance.

"bone heads?" I might have used a slightly more salty approbation. Your restraint does you credit OM.

Bob

Good grief: have I caused this mess to extend to yet another page? Sorry.

Edited by bobd

Good Bob! This is where I'm going to post this weekend about upgrades to the site box!

I would appreciate some tips and ideas for an inexpensive type 1 or 2 magazine. Right now I just need something to store parts and mixed ingredients a few nights and fulfill the requirements for my part 20 application.

I will build a bigger type 4 magazine once I have done some testing and can justify the expense. I don't think I will ever find a good reason to keep more then a very small amount of high explosives (untested experimental comps) so a small HE magazine will always be fine.

Should I start a new clean thread? This one has become so cluttered! What section is appropriate?

Fly,

I'm not recommending that a person 'skirt' the regulations, because I'm in the business, and couldn't take such a licensing risk myself. But I can relate what I've seen and heard, in order to help you make some decisions.

I know numerous amateurs and a few pros who store mixed flash by 'lightly building salutes' (powder in a bag, then the bag encased in a lightly-taped paper salute casing). They then mix those 'salutes' with color shells in order to satisfy the type 4 requirements.

I know of one or two ATF investigators who are acquainted with the behavior, and they don't object! For them, so long as the storage meets the letter of the law, and it's not endangering 'innocents', they care not a lick.

Lloyd

That may work for well characterized flash to follow the letter of the law. I don't think that would satisfy the storage requirements for a type 20 license though would it? If I do end up experimenting with small quantities of experimental composition I also think that wouldn't be a wise storage method. I don't plan on dabbling in experimental flash as that just seems dangerous, but would like to play with some compositions that are expected to be low category explosives, but must be handled as high until they have been shown to be stable low explosives.

Probably not a conversation for this thread, but I wish I had the potential energy release numbers for the more volatile forms of flash so I could figure out if it is possible to make a storage device that could safely absorb and direct the detonation out and away from anything it could damage. I intuition says the stress demands might be too high, but it would be nice to prove it with numbers.

Well, Fly,

In that case, keep in mind that a type 1 magazine can be any size you wish to make it. The only limitations are the thickness and materials for the wall construction, vents, and closures.

With those things in mind, about a 3' cube is as small as practical. That'll store up to about 25lb in the approximately 16" interior cubic space.

Your real limitations come with the required setbacks for type 1. One lousy little type 1 on a property can condemn a LOT of space that might ordinarily be used for large type 4 boxes.

Lloyd

Made a trip to the home depot today and got some 1/8" paneling and construction adhesive as well as plywood for shelves. Still deciding on anchors. Bout ready to get the box fixed up.

Everybody can say how im dumb or a criminal even tho Im not ether

Well at least this conversation is not as volatile as it could be...

Quick question about type 4 storage, more specifically, about the building it is in. I did not see anything in the specs for what is required to make something 'indoor'. I have an older shed, full wood floor/walls/ceiling normal double-door style entry but no handles, just a flip over and lock similar to http://www.fell.it/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Innovative_Cabinet_Door_Latch.jpg or https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Garden_Shed_Door_Latch.JPG

Is that enough or does it need a proper internal/non-expose handle/latch/lock system?