APC Forum

Flash Powder

CarolinaPyro

This time it's not me and my blood diseases and actually good news. My 'wife' is in labor with our first baby girl! She doesn't want to come though as her due date was 12/13/14 and it's looking like it might be another day still.

Exciting but a bit scary since I can't even provide for myself at this point. So I will be a stay at home dad which is also a bit scary. I don't think men are designed to raise kids but it should be fun. I hope!?

Thanks for asking! And happy holidays!

• Like 2

Tie the legs of the lady together. Not only is having your child's birthday on x-mass quite convenient since it makes sure you never forget it, and you only need to buy 1 gift for both occasions, it's also going to be the best x-mass gift you and the lady ever got.

Of course i'm kidding. Glad to hear your not there for more troubles. Best of luck, with the birthing, and the stay at home dad things.

Cheers.

B!

This time it's not me and my blood diseases and actually good news. My 'wife' is in labor with our first baby girl! She doesn't want to come though as her due date was 12/13/14 and it's looking like it might be another day still.

Exciting but a bit scary since I can't even provide for myself at this point. So I will be a stay at home dad which is also a bit scary. I don't think men are designed to raise kids but it should be fun. I hope!?

Thanks for asking! And happy holidays!

Godspeed my friend, and I hope for much happiness in your family!

Charles

Good luck man. Being the stay at home dad and then raising them alone has had its challenges but the rewards far outweigh them. I have a bond with my kids that is rare and strong. Edited by rogeryermaw

i realize your pretty new to this. Id suggest looking up your questions on the search bar at the top of the screen before posting. before you do anything else, get this in your head. NEVER PACK FLASH POWDER. It mostly wont do much but it is friction sensitive and alot different than black powder. Try looking up and making some black powder. it may be more pricey, But the results are WAY cooler if you ask me. try making some small shells.

good luck

-zak

Congratulations Ryan! Best wishes on the newest family member and God bless.

Congratulations Ryan! This will be an event you will always remember, bringing a new life into the world is better than the "Rocket Rodeo". :P

Congrats, Ryan. Save me a Fuente. :D

Edited by Bobosan

Congrats!!

You will find the stay at home dad gig to be a LOT of hard work - and worth every bit of it.

Kevin

Congratulations! If I could offer just one piece of advice and/or wisdom to a new dad, it would be this: Your time, attention, and interest in her life is the most precious gift you can give a child. Far more valuable than the most expensive gifts that can be placed under a tree.

• Like 1

Well as of 4:27 am I have a new healthy little girl. Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Give it some time, and you'll find a new use for flash bangers. Scare those kids away that want to date the daughter...

Guess were going to see a lot less of you from now on then.

Good luck ;- )

B!

Congratulations! If I could offer just one piece of advice and/or wisdom to a new dad, it would be this: Your time, attention, and interest in her life is the most precious gift you can give a child. Far more valuable than the most expensive gifts that can be placed under a tree.

Amen! I gave up all hobbies while I was raising kids, I came back after the youngest was able to make rockets and stuff herself!

• Like 1

WARNING: the first few poops are like tar. This will subside.

Congratulations on the baby. I was very nervous when I had my first too, but being a good father is the top priority in my life, and to a certain degree it comes naturally. You'll do great I'm sure, and being a stay at home dad will provide you the time with your daughter that many of us miss out on. You're actually very lucky.

• Like 1

We totally hijacked this thread! :P Enjoy her while she is young, those will be your most valuable memories. Don't forget to take tons of pictures too. One day you'll look at those pictures and won't believe how much they change from year to year. I have six children that range from teenagers down to six. The only peace and quiet I get is when I hide in my pyro-cave!!

Yah man. Congrats to you and your family. Do whatever it takes to keep her safe and around you. She will be #1 in your life and she will appreciate that when she comes of age to understand it. My daughter is 22 now, man how time flies when you have kids. Stay sharp and best wishes. :)

Thanks guys. Her name is Haylee and was 7 lbs 4 oz. I know all parents think so, but she really is a beautiful baby. She came out pink and didn't have some of the funky stuff some newborns have. Except her lumpy head. But that's already getting better.

I didn't even know if I could have kids after all the poison I have had pumped in me. Especially after getting high dose cytoxin chemo and a handful of other nasty treatments. What I have is so rare that not much is known about any of it including the medicines.

I'm not worried too much as I like kids and have already spent as much time with her as momma. Life is challenging but I imagine we will figure out someway to make things work. I just hope I'm around long enough to see her grow up a bit and be there for them.

Anyways, I'm a bit delirious from lack of sleep. We are finally home so I think we might all take a nap. Thanks again!

post-11350-0-30438900-1419360465_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Very cute looking kiddo! I can almost see ryan posting in the agora: Need to trade swedish chlorate for diapers lol. Just messing with you bud! Congrats