APC Forum

Personal Favor (Religious Content)

dagabu

Well, the last open wound is now closed and the hand looks great. I just had my next pre-op yesterday and am scheduling the next surgery for late November, early December. This will be a much less invasive surgery, just some Z-Plasty and Jumping Man incisions to remove some webbing on the left hand.

Edited by dagabu

Congratulations Dag! How's the mobility/functionality at this point?

BB, the goal was to be able to straighten the pinky and allow my hand to lie flat on a table, still many hours of therapy to finish that off but its pretty darn close now. 24 hour bug today, just got up, eat some crackers and back to bed.

I've got a similar situation going on with my ring finger. I can't lay my hand down flat with my palm on the table. I actually got a new splint from my occupational therapist yesterday which uses rubber bands to provide the low load/long duration stretch. Compared to the thermal plastic one that I modified to straighten my finger, this thing is like a luxury device. It's WAY more comfortable, and hopefully will prove to be more effective.

Go get you some rest buddy.

I am glad both of you are doing better every day.

• Like 1

Thanks Greg.

I am glad both of you are doing better every day.

I think the word of the day is "Adapting" to the new normal. Its strange, I cannot remember some of the contortions I was able to do with my hands, I have found interesting and novel ways to manipulate my hands to achieve similar results. I like the phrase, "doing better" as it has the ring of progress, "healing" is something i just can't do more of, the scars will always be scars.

Edited by dagabu

Your positive attitude and strength of character are absolutely astounding! Unfortunately I am more like Eeyore I think, maybe... I don't know... oh bother, I don't guess it matters... :P