APC Forum

Personal Favor (Religious Content)

dagabu

Long live the almighty spaghetti monster!!!

That a not funny, spaghetti is no good at all without a good red sauce! ;-)

It went well, couldn't get the left hand done, left hand went untouched but right hand is done!

That a not funny, spaghetti is no good at all without a good red sauce! ;-)

It went well, couldn't get the left hand done, left hand went untouched but right hand is done!

• Like 1

Now the left hand doesn't know what the right hand does, in a much wider sense. Message got duped in to the post, and Roxy is not to blame, just playing the part of one of the hands...

However, more on topic...

Is the left hand still getting a once over, only just not now?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

B!

I'm a little late to the thread, but I hope all went well Dag.

Yes, surgery went well but the surgeons decided not to work on the left hand, they will save that for another time. They know me so well that they put me into a cast/wrap all the way to my fingertips so I cant write, wipe, type or play with my right hand. Patt has my keys to the machine shop and the truck, I am down for the 10 count.

I took my last ROXY (oxycodone without the advil) this morning, just one advil every 6 hours for swelling now. No pain killers anymore. Sleep, eat, sleep, eat, repeat for now.

Hi dag,

I know that I'm a little late replying to this (been busy the last couple of days), however I did see this thread just a couple of hours before your surgery, I don't care what other people think that was God....

So glad to here that the surgery went well!

bob

I'm not dying mabuse!

No, but with two hands out of action I would have assumed you totally incapacitated.

But nice to hear the first one went well.

No, but with two hands out of action I would have assumed you totally incapacitated.

But nice to hear the first one went well.

They left me the left hand to type with. Nice of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks ago now that they did some heavy reconstruction on my right hand and today, I go back to see if the sutures are ready to come out. They used "mattress sutures" to hold the grafts in, they pull like crazy and hurt constantly. When they cut the sutures, they 'pop' and relieve the pressure and pain immediately.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/media/professional/figures/PHY_vertical_mattress_suture.gif

Edited by dagabu

Best wishes Dag. I hope you get them removed today.

excellent news dag! glad you'll be getting your hand back. any news on when they want to look at the other one?

Stitches are out! I can open and close it now, some pain but 90% is gone. Got the Left hand on the schedule for December, 4th or 11th.

Awesome! Congrats Dag. 90% is nothing to shake a stick at.

The body is amazing at dealing with pain. I'm sure they will have you exercise and shit, and you'll stick to it. Were all hoping you get as much mobility back as possible, the pain... It will diminish, eventually. There might be days when you want nothing more then to chop the hand of, but over all, it tends to get less and less painful.

B!

The body is amazing at dealing with pain. I'm sure they will have you exercise and shit, and you'll stick to it. Were all hoping you get as much mobility back as possible, the pain... It will diminish, eventually. There might be days when you want nothing more then to chop the hand of, but over all, it tends to get less and less painful.

B!

B, the pain really is about 90% gone now and diminishing every hour. After a good soak in antiseptic water and some bacitracin, I should be ready for an adult beverage and watch the snow falling on the trees.

OT starts tonight after the adult beverage (1).

Glad to hear you are getting healed more everyday. Before long you'll have Minnie back again. ;)

Glad to hear you are getting healed more everyday. Before long you'll have Minnie back again. ;)

LOL! Minnie?

That laugh tells me you know Minnie and her 5 sisters. :D

Edit: Removing bad joke. I've been warned before that APC is no place for my crass sense of humor. My apologies. Edited by BurritoBandito