APC Forum

Fireworking or Passfire

uncrichie

Kyle made a commitment well over a year-and-a-half ago to no longer EVER permit the kind of abuse that only two or three members were doing.

He's also committed to updating the software to something more 'modern', although he's taking that as work permits.

Passfire is now a friendly place, if ill-attended. The only way it's going to be active is if PEOPLE come there and participate.

Patrick doesn't count... he's ex-jarhead.

Lloyd

Once a Marine, always a Marine! Edited by OldMarine

<BSEG> I KNEW that'd get a rise out of you!

Heh! FWIW, (remembering my 'different' duty) my last combat-duty CO in 'Nam was a Marine Colonel. We were squids (although of a different kind), but we liked (and respected) him just fine. Unlike what frequently transpires today... we were "all one team", with the same goals, and the same moral standards.

LLoyd

Edited by lloyd

I'll have to take a look again at passfire, my family was pretty deeply hurt by the negative comments there while I was in a coma. My wife was looking for people to contact and stumbled into many threads that I was mentioned. Sad days.

dont know anything about your personal stuff on passfire, i heard there were some real low class people on there before, that just proves it.

memo

If anything, Passfire is the least political and personality laden of the 3 main forums. There's a thread on FW I'm avoiding right now due to my aversion to biting my own tongue.

The atmosphere on PF is more like that of a library and I enjoy that. I can almost smell the musty books. Ahhhhhh...

• Like 1

Memo! Do you totally ignore EVERYTHING that is said in favor of your personal opinion, or do you LISTEN?

I said that Passfire is NOT that way anymore... that its detractors are no longer there (for over a year-and-a-half) and that Kyle is trying to improve the site.

So your response is "low class people on there before, that just proves it".... That says a LOT about your unwillingness or inability to READ!

SIR..._I_ am NOT a "low-class person", and I frequent that site! Those trash-talking people have been evicted.

Don't you even LISTEN? Or like most "IGNORANT PEOPLE", do you just maintain your position, REGARDLESS of what the other folks have done to correct their condition?

I mean... DAMN! Don't you even BOTHER to read before you reply?

I need to know the people I'm working hard to help. If you're of that sort I described above, please write me OFF your list.

I mean... DAMN!

LLoyd

Lloyd, I think you misread memo's last post. He was referring to a quote and said he didn't think it was like that now.

I did NOT mis-read it, Patrick. This is what he wrote --

"I dont know anything about your personal stuff on passfire, i heard there were some real low class people on there before, that just proves it.

memo"

----------------------

I read what he had written before, and began to think he understood that PF.com had 'improved'. But this was a DIRECT STATEMENT... not an 'impression' or a matter of interpretation.

If he wishes to retract such a DIRECT INSULT to PF and all the people who populate the site, I shall be perfectly willing to excuse that monstrous insult.

But not otherwise.

Lloyd

Lloyd I think you should reread my post, and the post above .

Patrick doesn't count... he's ex-jarhead.

Lloyd

And there it is.... the door opens. My OM was a Marine. Always bristled at the term jarhead yet wore it with the pride that knew only "inferiors" would stoop to that level (of name calling). OK, before we get too far South, Lloyd, that was never an inference that you are, were or ever will be inferior, it was just my Dad's reaction to the term.

(edit) - BTW: in my experience there are NO "ex-jarheads". Once a Marine always a Marine.

And OM, thank you for your service. it is of incalculable value.

Back on topic. this discussion may have some bearing on where I do go next. I still have so much to learn and all I want to do is dig and read and listen. I'm good here. I'm at liberty to mouse to my heart's content and chip in with what I do know or with something anecdotal (like this). The new and improved Passfire might suit my style better right now.

Sigh.... my issue is too many plans and dreams and not enough time to implement them. Between work and care-giving there's barely time to do my own wash and mow the lawn. The upside? I should be pretty well read by the time I advance so that's not a bad deal.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Edited by otto

Otto, there's a section on PF that is made up of unclassified posts from years past. When I'm bored and just want to read this is a goldmine. It's a pyro grab bag of goodies!

Kyle's articles are top notch and the how-tos are complete and simplified so even a layman/newbie/wannabe such as I can understand and replicate the results.

This was NOT a paid endorsement. :D

memo, this was the VERY LAST POST YOU MADE before I replied. I cannot help what you "meant". I can only go by what you wrote. THIS is what you wrote in the VERY LAST POST before I replied: (in its entirety, lest I be accused of "editing" what you wrote)

"

Posted Today, 06:13 PM

dont know anything about your personal stuff on passfire, i heard there were some real low class people on there before, that just proves it.

memo

"

So... Mmmm??? You don't think that deserves a response?

Lloyd

get off your high horse , not every post is aimed at you........ in fact it was to the poster above my post dagabo.

memo

It wasn't "aimed at me", it was aimed at the entire populace of Passfire.com. And since you have NO experience there, you have no right to comment on our "class".

Lloyd

i am trying to stay civil, it is hard. i have every right to post what i think or feel. you are acting like a self important jerk.

memo

He's talking about Dave and his issue... then said, he heard there was some real low lifes... then continued "that just proves it". Meaning the people who trashed Dave while he was in a coma, are low lifes (in his opinion).

It's really not that hard to follow...

But, if you wish to keep reinterpreting his statement... you may soon prove yourself to be one too!

;)

lloyd, just admit you were wrong and let move on.

memo

Look...when people are stupid enough to NOT INCLUDE important information in otherwise vicious posts about other people, they need to be confronted on it.

I'm done. Bye!

L

he has been calling me names since he started his rant... sticks and stones ya know

Edited by memo

I remember you and I had a run in once.. can't remember why though. And look, we're like best bugs now. ;)

Buds ... not bugs. But bugs works too. :P

Edited by ddewees