APC Forum

Bottle Rockets

RobertoDuran121

alright and I wont be adding reports on the first few.For one I don't know if it will CATO and I not sure I want to touch FP. How much should you add for a report.I'm not talking about ear shattering but a nice pop at the end.

Do you mean this http://www.skylighter.com/images/how_to/Paper-Cylinder-Shell-Rocket-Heading/rocket-heading-diagram.jpg

Bag headings are a little different. No end discs are needed, just a few turns of kraft, bulk fill with stars and BP and close with a triangle fold.

If there is interest and it can wait until i finish moving, I will write up a tutorial on BP bottle rockets with simple bag shell headers.

Well i'm not doing anything until its around the 4th of July. I want to know how to add a report a small one. Effects would be cool but I don't think I would have those types of metals around.

Roberto, I'd suggest that you start experimenting now so that you have some experience for next year.

Roberto, I'd suggest that you start experimenting now so that you have some experience for next year.

Ok thats actually a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

1 scoop made from a .22 shell casing and brass rod.

The majority of the statements are factual with the exception of the quote above. I know for certain that the scoops made by Steve are made from brass tube, sheet and rod; all silver soldered together and machined.

WSM B)

Edited by WSM

The majority of the statements are factual with the exception of the quote above. I know for certain that the scoops made by Steve are made from brass tube, sheet and rod; all silver soldered together and machined.

WSM

The scoop I have from Steve's kit sure looks like a spent .22 casing soldered to a brass rod.

The scoop I have from Steve's kit sure looks like a spent .22 casing soldered to a brass rod.

It may look like one, in fact it's probably sized the same, but look more carefully. There's no rimfire edge or manufacturers marking on the bottom. These are definately made from scratch using new brass stock.

WSM B)

I always wondered how he did away with the rimfire edge and caped them off so nicely. I though I read somewhere in a post that they were .22 casings. They are a damn nice addition to the kit for the money.

I always wondered how he did away with the rimfire edge and caped them off so nicely. I though I read somewhere in a post that they were .22 casings. They are a damn nice addition to the kit for the money.

I think the original article in the PGI bulletin mentioned using a spent .22 shell casing with a brass rod soldered on for a handle, but the SBR sets all seem to have the manufactured scoop.

WSM B)

Edited by WSM