APC Forum

Ammo

dynomike1

Taiwan you said penalties are harsh. What do you call harsh?

The UK is a classic example of creeping legislation. Getting access to firearms legally in the UK can be difficult, especially if you do not own land: difficult but not impossible. To get into target shooting, you first of all have to join a club. After a 6 months probationary period you may become a full member and apply for your Firearms certificate (FAC). Before applying for your 'ticket' you need to install a suitably approved gun cabinet (still with no guarantee of getting the ticket). You then apply for the type of firearm(s) you wish to shoot target with. Full bore bolt action, lever action or semi auto rimfire .22. No semi auto full bores, no handguns other than black powder cap and ball. Police will then pay you a visit to see if you are indeed suitable, although your club secretary will already have stated that. Then and only then may you get your ticket. You are only allowed to purchase the named firearms on your ticket and only allowed to purchase the ammo quantity stated on the same.

Further, to stalk in the UK most estates now demand that you have achieved a qualifications such as DSC1 or 2 to prove that you are a 'competent person'. My shooting test involved shooting three shots into a four inch circle at 100 and 150m, truly an insult having spent over twenty two years in the Army, and a fully qualified Master sniper at that!

Should you be caught out (too much ammo, firearms not in cabinet) you will lose both your ticket and your firearms and to keep you happy the Crown will house you for five years at her Majesties pleasure! America, never, never let yourselves get into this mess; once in you can never climb out: short of Revolution.

Dam. I'm glad i didn't wind up across the Pond. I'll just stay here.