APC Forum

test fountain + roman candle

superspike23

very nice mine, have you tried fountain to mine? very easy to make very nice to see.

What was the fountain comp? I liked the stars.

Dan.

composition was the remains of a production stars (ruby red).

And prime star comp.

For the candle, it looked like a mine, but in theory it should have 5 shots

very nice mine, have you tried fountain to mine? very easy to make very nice to see.

Dan.

No ,

do you have a video so I can see what it looks like?

i hope the leftover ruby red and prime was pressed, judging by the duration it was not.

Stay safe.

The only fountains i can safely make are glasswick or firedust, the glasswick i have not tested yet, the firedust can burn for 30 seconds depending on a few things.

Dan.

How did you try to create the delay on the roman candle? I don't know if I've ever seen everything go off at once before.

the fountain would have no bottom plug and ignite the mine lift like a leader of sorts, or have a plug and be driiled a few mm above it and a fuse inserted to light the lift.

My you tube has a whistle fountain/tube that ignites a mine with dragon eggs, title ( nye cakes ) user name the same, it gets better after that.

Simple but effective, im working on a 60/30/10 firedust fountain, no plugs, tt mine to dare i say it.

Dan.

I pressed with a hammer and a wooden rod.

And I used a nozzle 1/2 id

The duration of the fountain was too short.

I'd like to make a 20-second

yeah the delay was non existant, normally c6 or bp you may get the odd machine gun if not rammed right but i imagine the top shot penetrated the following layers and blew the tube, it looked like a short tube was doing the work by the large diameter spread for the id.

Dan.

How did you try to create the delay on the roman candle? I don't know if I've ever seen everything go off at once before.

A visco fuse 2mm through the entire tube.

The different shots are not separated toilet paper.

for a longer burn while ramming try a firedust fountain, nhil has a good tutorial which i have followed, the only reason i suggested 60/30 was peret uses it and i have some rocket fuel that refuses to be compacted and cored but needs to be used, also have a video.

Dan.

run down the wall? That needs sealing very well.

Dan.

run down the wall? That needs sealing very well.

Dan.

She was not glued it down just along the tube.

She went through the different layers separated by toilet paper

I'm sure it's just a little miscommunication, but I'm going to assume you mean that the shots were separated by toliet paper.

Most of the methods I've seen using a single long piece of visco use sawdust. That may be an option to get this to work. You'll want to ram a fairly sizable plug of it. I'd say no less that 1/2 ID, but 1 ID would probably be better. With sawdust, I like using a disk below and above the sawdust plug to keep it from migrating around too much. If you're going to continue to use toilet paper, I'd recommend using a thicker more resilient plug.

i was going to suggest wax and sawdust for visco but the possibilities were nearly endless by the description.

Dan.

I'm sure it's just a little miscommunication, but I'm going to assume you mean that the shots were separated by toliet paper.

Most of the methods I've seen using a single long piece of visco use sawdust. That may be an option to get this to work. You'll want to ram a fairly sizable plug of it. I'd say no less that 1/2 ID, but 1 ID would probably be better. With sawdust, I like using a disk below and above the sawdust plug to keep it from migrating around too much. If you're going to continue to use toilet paper, I'd recommend using a thicker more resilient plug.

the different shots were separated by paper toilet. :)

I'll try using a good layer of litter for rodents.

the fountain would have no bottom plug and ignite the mine lift like a leader of sorts, or have a plug and be driiled a few mm above it and a fuse inserted to light the lift.

My you tube has a whistle fountain/tube that ignites a mine with dragon eggs, title ( nye cakes ) user name the same, it gets better after that.

Simple but effective, im working on a 60/30/10 firedust fountain, no plugs, tt mine to dare i say it.

Dan.

I watched your video (nye cakes)

Very successful, but how you use tube?

I subscribed to your channel :)

no plugs, think of the tube as a fuse, in the lift or with lift in a bag taped on, a disk same od as the mine tube id to keep it square ( or straight ) and a disk lightly secured ( one layer of pasting or maskiing tape ) on top of the mine tube, you can alter the construction but the top disk must give way.

If you use a piston between the lift and stars the fuse tube will be carried with it , without one it will land a few feet from the mine.

This one was 2 inch id by 4 inch tall, the whistle was half inch id by 6 inches long.

Dan.

I will sub back, and learn some no doubt. It goes on.

I would worry about making the device functional before worrying about time commitment. You really need to change how you take advice. You regularly come here and state that your devices don't work. We regularly give you constructive feedback on how to fix the problems. You then largely ignore what is said and nothing really changes. I have a good feeling that you have no intentions of doing anything we recommend, keeping on using toilet paper, and then you'll come back next week with another 5 shot machine gun of a roman candle.

We've given you several suggestions and ways to move forward to make this work here. If you're going to ignore these things because they're inconvenient for you, and still wonder why your devices don't work or they look like crap, you're liable to stop getting constructive advice. There's no incentive for us to keep giving you advice if you're going to ignore it anyway.

Doing things the right way from the beginning is a good way to ensure success by the way. The quickest path to failure is via shortcuts. The right way is rarely disclosed on youtube for what it's worth. Real Pyro literature exists for a reason.

• Like 1

I watched this method.

The tube is cut into pieces and glued at the end of the process.

This seems to be long to achieve.

No that method, that's just a suggestion in that thread, and actually the reason why I started that thread was to learn methods other than making the individual shots and gluing them together. I'm talking about the Chinese method of just running visco fuse down the entire tube and using a couple of scoops of sawdust as delay. It works quite effectively. I've posted some videos in the thread.

I would worry about making the device functional before worrying about time commitment. You really need to change how you take advice. You regularly come here and state that your devices don't work. We regularly give you constructive feedback on how to fix the problems. You then largely ignore what is said and nothing really changes. I have a good feeling that you have no intentions of doing anything we recommend, keeping on using toilet paper, and then you'll come back next week with another 5 shot machine gun of a roman candle.

We've given you several suggestions and ways to move forward to make this work here. If you're going to ignore these things because they're inconvenient for you, and still wonder why your devices don't work or they look like crap, you're liable to stop getting constructive advice. There's no incentive for us to keep giving you advice if you're going to ignore it anyway.

Doing things the right way from the beginning is a good way to ensure success by the way. The quickest path to failure is via shortcuts. The right way is rarely disclosed on youtube for what it's worth. Real Pyro literature exists for a reason.

I consider all the advice.

I have already made ​​great progress with shells.

But the roman candle, if I have to separate the tube into pieces, I'm just saying it's easier to make a cake.

Edited by superspike23

No that method, that's just a suggestion in that thread, and actually the reason why I started that thread was to learn methods other than making the individual shots and gluing them together. I'm talking about the Chinese method of just running visco fuse down the entire tube and using a couple of scoops of sawdust as delay. It works quite effectively. I've posted some videos in the thread.

I watched your 2 videos.

It is very successful.

This is the same result that I hope to get.

You only need to seperate the pieces if you want identical delay durations. I just dump in a disc of tissue then the lift, a star and ram one id of C8 on top..rinse and repeat until there`s 2- 3" of empty tube left. If you go right to the top, the 1st star might be a bit low.