• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Bangkokpyro

Bangkokpyro

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hello folks. Im not much of a forum person, but i spend more time here reading then what is probably healthy Posted Image
If you guys want, i could upload the lab analysis of the "EU" Blue Al.. Got mesh sizes, shape etc, but its a picture and i have no idea on how to upload it. So if you want it, abit of help is needed Posted Image
edit/typo

Tingly, well that is a coincidence is it not? First post and you just joined the forum yesterday. Not associated with Oliver Brown or Mia in any way are you ? Yes I for one would like to see your spec 'picture'
Maybe you can copy and past it or upload the file to pyrobin.

Mia your comment "Now that is interesting your quote better the devil you know try blue banish the devil" Banish the devil ! What are you suggesting? that this new Aluminium makes making flash safe?

Can you show me just a single scientificaly conducted test carried out by someone with suitable qualifications showing that this mystery 'Hype Aluminium' is safer than any other for the purposes of making flash powder?
You said and I quote "Ok my link to Oliver brown is a researcher for chemicals and in a way business advisor hope this helps" Well that clears that up; you work for them

Surely you or Oliver Brown have a specification for the Aluminium you are selling that you can post here? You are their chemical researcher are you not?

You said you are getting incredible feedback...from who? I don't see any one here on this site or anywhere else backing up your claim.

I am 100% in favor of any product or manufacturing technique that makes firework manufacture safer but lets back it up with solid evidence, specs and testing by professionals
not based on your hearsay and conjecture for a product you do not even have a spec or manufactures name for.
Pyro Holidays In Thailand
http://www.bangkokpyro.com

#42 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Multibreaks

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Tingly, well that is a coincidence is it not? First post and you just joined the forum yesterday. Not associated with Oliver Brown or Mia in any way are you ? Yes I for one would like to see your spec 'picture'
Maybe you can copy and past it or upload the file to pyrobin.

Like i sayd, im not a forum person. Im just a happy pyro from the EU trying to be usefull to the rest of you guys..

This Al is NOT from Oliver, this is the EU supplier.

Posted Image

Edited by Tingly, 06 October 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#43 Bangkokpyro

Bangkokpyro

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for posting that. As it's in Spanish I presume this is the Nitroparis product is that correct?
Pyro Holidays In Thailand
http://www.bangkokpyro.com

#44 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for posting that. As it's in Spanish I presume this is the Nitroparis product is that correct?

I have no idea actually.

I got this from the EU supplier when it came to Europe..

Edited by Tingly, 06 October 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#45 Col

Col

Firebreather

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

It`s interesting that the supplier doesnt recommend blue aluminium for small salutes.

Though smaller salutes using ten grams and even less of flash powder can be made to function, the supplier recommends BA for use in salutes containing 15 grams or more of flash powder.

The ignition method is important, for simple crossmatching you may need to blend the blue with dark (80/20) to reduce the risk of a dud.

Blends of 80% BA and fine flake aluminum make ignition easier while retaining most of the ignition source risk reduction seen with 100% BA uses. The data on formulations using sulfur are also provided. The formulation of 7 parts potassium perchlorate, 1 part sulfur, and 3 parts of a blend using 80% BA and 20% German or Indian Dark flake aluminum may be ignited by simple cross matching of time fuse and still has reduced thermal, friction, and ESD sensitivity compared to formulations using only fine flake aluminum.

#46 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Edited by Tingly, 07 October 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#47 psyco_1322

psyco_1322

Firebreather

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

You mean don't add 10% sulfur or trisulfide to your flash mixes?

It is kind of fishy you just appeared when the topic was brought up. Then you have the specs no one knows about? Made a new account to look anonymous? Maybe you are the one that's distributing it all over the place? Maybe you couldn't sell it in the US so you took it to EU and tried to pedal it there? Shiffffffffffty eyes up in this b*tch Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Like I said before, the stuff needs "extra initiation", like a wad of BM shoved into it. Even the good Dr. found that out, and it still didn't compare to the usual "blend" he uses.

Edited by psyco_1322, 06 October 2012 - 07:37 PM.

Some people think I'm sane, but they're crazy too.

#48 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

You mean don't add 10% sulfur or trisulfide to your flash mixes?

It is kind of fishy you just appeared when the topic was brought up. Then you have the specs no one knows about? Made a new account to look anonymous? Maybe you are the one that's distributing it all over the place? Maybe you couldn't sell it in the US so you took it to EU and tried to pedal it there? Shiffffffffffty eyes up in this b*tch Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Like I said before, the stuff needs "extra initiation", like a wad of BM shoved into it. Even the good Dr. found that out, and it still didn't compare to the usual "blend" he uses.

Yes, never do that..

Specs no one knows about? Have you ever tryd to call your supplier to get data on "everything" you order? Its that simple..

The only reason i "jumpd" in the discussion is because i dont want people to get hurt from this, since its NOT like a "regular" F.. This is more like a wolf in sheepcloths that will only "burn" unconfined.. But is MORE energetic then regular F..

But i guess next time instead of giving some good advise i should tell the "ke33wls" how to blow em self up.....

/edit typos
/edit2,

Infact, since "new ones" or "low posts" are not welcome here, i removed some info i got on this... Find out for yourselfs..

Edited by Tingly, 07 October 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#49 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Considering that all of your posts on BOTH of your accounts here are about this product, it does raise some questions. That is mostly what people were getting at. Additionally up until now with that data sheet, people have mostly only seen unfounded hype about this product. I'm doubtful of it's increased safety and some of the other grand claims, but I'm still going to reserve final judgement until I get a chance to experiment myself or see some well respected people get a chance to test it.
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#50 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Both of my accounts? Okey? I only have one (this) account here..

If a 2px camera is sufficient, i could do a few tests and upload..

#51 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

IP addresses say otherwise.

http://www.amateurpy...ser/14028-bomy/
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#52 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I have no idea who that is.. Im using a proxy so my IP is rarly what it seems.

I guess help, info or whatelse is not wanted here. So i will leave the rest to a future "expert"..

#53 Scrumpy

Scrumpy

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think you guys are being unfair to Tingley, he or she is just trying to offer an opinion, I thought that is what forums were all about.
This user has no affiliation with OB whatsoever.

Mumbles, "but I'm still going to reserve final judgement until I get a chance to experiment myself or see some well respected people get a chance to test it."
I am more than happy to send you a sample or send a sample to someone to conduct testing on your behalf, I am obviously in the UK so if you have a trusted tester over here it would be a cheaper option for me but to settle this I'll happily send anywhere that allows this product through their border control.
Just drop me a PM.
Oliverbrown Pyrotechnic Supplies Chemicals, tooling and consumables delivered to your door in a flash!

#54 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for the offer. I'll ask around and see if I can find anyone over there to give it a shot. I'm not really able to do much manufacturing at the moment.

I'm not trying to be mean or unfair to Tingly. It does look slightly suspicious though. Showing up as a new user just as this product seems to come on the market in the EU and only posting about blue aluminum might just be a coincidence. This combined with two allegedly different users having the same IP address, and both accounts only posting about this product raises a few more questions. I guess he/she can't take some questions about their affiliation or criticism. It's really too bad. I bet they had a lot to offer.

I am however thankful for the insight they provided thus far. Any first hand accounts of it's use are great in my book, as long as it is an unbiased opinion.

#55 psyco_1322

psyco_1322

Firebreather

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yes, never do that..

Specs no one knows about? Have you ever tryd to call your supplier to get data on "everything" you order? Its that simple..

The only reason i "jumpd" in the discussion is because i dont want people to get hurt from this, since its NOT like a "regular" F.. This is more like a wolf in sheepcloths that will only "burn" unconfined.. But is MORE energetic then regular F..

But i guess next time instead of giving some good advise i should tell the "ke33wls" how to blow em self up.....

/edit typos
/edit2,

Infact, since "new ones" or "low posts" are not welcome here, i removed some info i got on this... Find out for yourselfs..

Dude, you're a k3wl...any idiot that wants to blow them self up has already watched every bomb video on youtube, you ain't got no secrets. Also, no one GAF about why you edited your post.
Some people think I'm sane, but they're crazy too.

#56 optimus

optimus

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Scrumpy, on 30 September 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

the feedback I am getting is incredible.

Are you able to elaborate on this?

Are you able to elaborate on this?

#57 Mia

Mia

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

I have a PDF file for SPEChttp://www.pyrobin.c...es/Testing2.pdf

Edited by Mia, 08 October 2012 - 04:44 AM.

#58 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

Dude, you're a k3wl...any idiot that wants to blow them self up has already watched every bomb video on youtube, you ain't got no secrets. Also, no one GAF about why you edited your post.

I watch "bomb" movies for one simple reason, to get my "thump fix". And why make something idiotic when you can watch others do it for you? Anything ground based that goes boom, is not pyro in my book..

@Scrumpy, thats the reason i left the old forum. Even tho i was not very active..

---

3. Potassium perchlorate has a decomposition temperature of approximately 610 °C. In all trials above this temperature that did not
produce an ignition, the potassium perchlorate decomposed, leaving a residue of potassium chloride.
4. Aluminum has a melting point of 660 °C. In all trials above this temperature and did not result in an ignition, the aluminum melted on
contact with the ignition surface. In several cases, a number of aluminum particles did ignite and burn in air as sparks, but without
igniting the flash powder.

Now that is odd, if i put a few g 7:3 in a pile with visco it will "burn". And leave about half behind before it dies out...

(Is this even the same "Blue" you guys have in the US as the EU one? @Anyone from OB, do you have the specs/lab thing on yours?)

Im going to try and see if i can film some with the crap camera i have and upload..

/edit,typos

Edited by Tingly, 08 October 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#59 Col

Col

Firebreather

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

I have a PDF file for SPEChttp://www.pyrobin.c...es/Testing2.pdf

Its all on the website: http://blue-aluminum.com/

#60 Tingly

Tingly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Camera refused to focus properly

German next to Blue.
Posted Image

~3g 7:3 in a pile with 1.5mm visco going under it.

http://www.pyrobin.c...es/DSCI0032.AVI Use VLC if it wont work.

With a little brush i shaped the remaining F to a pile.

Posted Image Posted Image

The remaining F would not ignite from visco. I would guess it was around 1g.

http://www.pyrobin.c...es/DSCI0033.AVI

I cant do a "flame" test since i dont have a torch available. And the wind was kinda annoying..
  • ivars21 and Mia like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users