APC Forum

legality questions

beastmode986

Fireworks in Missouri were almost cancelled, thankfully not. started a couple fires but we had a fire extinguisher handy. all 3 shows went well!

ok thanks for the advice, it really is a fun hobby. my parents were kind of nervous about me getting into it but now they are cool my mom is the only one that worries a little now. Im not sure what to do for my fourth of july though if you light fireworks in plainfield they write you a 500$ ticket and they have squad car for specifically wrecking peoples holidayi mean to make sure we have a safe fourth of july( it was safe until you make people freak with that huge fine) they really enforcing it because they claim its to dry but i think thats some bs...

In Minneapolis, the police and public safety published and ran advertisements that NO fireworks complaints would be accepted by phone to non-emergency or 911, all complaints had to be filed via an online form and the officers would not investigate unless property damage or injury occurred, then call 911.

By the nature of my job, I know a lot of cops and they are told to not stop for fireworks unless property damage or injury occurs and dispatch will only send out units if the noise code is broken (after 10:00 PM).

-dag

In Minneapolis, the police and public safety published and ran advertisements that NO fireworks complaints would be accepted by phone to non-emergency or 911, all complaints had to be filed via an online form and the officers would not investigate unless property damage or injury occurred, then call 911.

By the nature of my job, I know a lot of cops and they are told to not stop for fireworks unless property damage or injury occurs and dispatch will only send out units if the noise code is broken (after 10:00 PM).

-dag

It was pretty much the same thing around here, an announcement was made that the call time for fireworks related call(s) would be between 3 and 4 hours. But no one ever came around.. They usually don't unless someone gets hurt, people being irresponsible, or there is a fire. It wasn't too dry and they probably figured out it's pretty much a law that would be difficult to enforce. Me and another member on here were able to light off about 50 3 - 4" shells at my shoot site. Not too bad for living in a safe and sane state 2rolleyes.gif

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

• 9 months later...
Ok, so I'm also in high school, actually about to take my biology end of course exam, taking chem next year, and I live in Florida. I was wondering 1)what licenses I need to legally make fireworks/rocket fuel/explosives,2) if it is possible for me to get a license at my age(14), 3)what are the regulations in Florida, as I've been searching and i can't seem to find anything, 4)what clubs or organizations are there around me.

I don't know about Florida but you generally have to be 18 (21 in many states) in order to get licenses like that.

Thanks, if I get deeply into Pyrotechnics I'll see if I can join. What's the benefits in being in a guild such as FPAG.

• 5 months later...
If you want to know the laws of a state on rocketry, fireworks, or the like, do a simple Google search. Such as "CT rocketry laws". If the state in question has a statute on the matter, you can download it. If you know a friendly local lawyer, he or she may be quite willing to interpret the statute for you if need be (i.e., at no fee).

Since the topic is Safety and the subheading is Legality, the following rambling commentary finds a home here. If you're bored and have nothing better to do, read on.

In a remote thread, dagabu quite correctly implied that the information posted in this forum is discoverable (in civil and criminal legal proceedings); and in the same thread an Admin admitted to checking a pesky poster's IP address and openly identified the pest's country of origin.

So, if you're a subject in a repressive regime, that little "HE" under your avatar's icon is blood in the water.

And if you are a caring professional residing in a litigious environment, you probably have considered that any advice you provide here may be abused by a greedy claimant purporting an adverse outcome from following the necessarily limited information you posted.

Well, you spoof your MAC on a mobile client, use an openSSH VPN to an accessible, squidded corporate server,then Hamachi to various bots with unprotected ports,making sure the bots are in the same region with the same cellular ISP, and finally onion-skin to the APC server...Or whatever your IT savant tells you to do to anonymize your posts.

I just ball-mill the following for 4 hours using steel balls:

BP(i.e., Black Pepper) 45 grams

Jalapeno Peppers 50 grams

Cayenne Pepper 20 grams

Cocaine HCl 100 grams

When they unleash the hounds, simply use this comp to obscure your scent trail.

Paranoid? The STASI were always very hospitable, never used handcuffs and addressed you formally. The non-existent Mossad, I am told, provide detainees coffee and fallafils during 48 hour interrogations. Charming, really. Whether you are a doctor, a diplomat, a dope-dealer, or all three, confidentiality is a valuable commodity which provides tremendous liberty. Jonathan, in another thread, was right when he said that the opportunity to experiment with chemicals (we're talking about pyro-chemicals, right?) was an expression of freedom.

For professional, political, personal and paranoid purposes plenty of posters prefer personal particulars preserved as private. Many manufacture informational smokebombs to screen their real identities.

Paranoid? If you mean needing medication to ward off those tiny green Martians that shoot x-rays through my walls in order to turn my bones to plastic...then, no. One man's paranoia is another man's caution. I remember some forum members chiding another because he was seeking a safer method to handle some dangerous materials. They gave Nervous Ned advice we should all heed,"If you want a safer hobby, take up knitting..." or the like. Sadly, we are addicted to the sparkly colors, still knowing that someday everyone will be reading about me and my horrific accident. Someone on this forum indirectly quoted my beloved Marlene Dietrich when they likened us to moths attracted to the light. The lyrics to her song are even more frightening, "...when they incinerate, there's nothing I can do about it".

We have heard from bright and careful members who state that they would rather make a large amount of "X" than a small quantity because they preferred death to maiming. Yet there is no guarantee of death (well, eventually we all leave this earth), and any death or injury is more likely with a larger amount of explosive.

Again, Paranoid? Yes, a bit. But, in training professionals for life and death situations, you want them to be a tiny bit anxious. When one of my people lose their fear, I don't want them around. Complacency is dangerous. Have you ever said to yourself in life,"Gee, I was just too careful!"? Me neither.

Now, sure, if you pre-occupy yourself with avoiding any and all risks, then life is miserable. Still, life is more enjoyable with all your pieces-parts intact.

Sorry, I gotta go, some guys with badges are knocking at my door.

Edited by hindsight

Hindsight,

You are a weird guy. Which is good.

Hindsight,

You are a weird guy. Which is good.

Coming from the other member of the Aricept-for-lunch-bunch, I'll take that as a compliment. Sorry about the tongue-in-cheek attempt at edification; treating serious matters with such facetiousness doesn't go over well at funerals, either. Jonathan, aren't you the guy with the slogan, "Experiment Responsibly"? Might be another example of the charcoal calling the graphite black. Stay, uh, whatever color it is that means you're healthy.