APC Forum

What is the best: Rockets or Mortars

Pirotecnia

1335275735[/url]' post='94879']

Seriously, rockets are fun. I feel more needs to be done to control the fallout hazard though. I have seen too many lawn darts that are potentially lethal.

Shells are much easier to control with a definitive fallout area.

Now a big salami on top of a rocket will earn you bragging rights.

Ok I'll bite. Mike you bring the big salami and I'll bring the rocket. That sounds like a 2 sticker I may have thrust to spare. For some reason I don't think they will allow it at PGI this year. Sissified tweedy birds.

Ok I'll bite. Mike you bring the big salami and I'll bring the rocket. That sounds like a 2 sticker I may have thrust to spare. For some reason I don't think they will allow it at PGI this year. Sissified tweedy birds.

I'll bring beer for the afterglow tongue2.gif

-dag

What do you guys use for igniting the header charge? I tried a rammed delay comp with potassium nitrate and charcoal on a 3/4" stinger, but it did go CATO.

Can you put in visco fuse and ram bentonite around it without destroying the visco? (I know this most probably has been answered before, but since the topic is up.)

ON the two (exactly two) shells I put up on rockets that went off, I used paper fuse in a small, hand-rolled tube as a passfire (stuck into the shell like it was time fuse) to the shell. I didn't make the motors. I just put the shells together and then attached them to the tops of the motors. On the third motor I tried to get fancy and try to use just the blow through at the end of the flight. That one splashed into the lake and had to be fished out he next day. Everything was fine except that the fire was not passed so apparently my experiment failed. blush.gif

Edited by warthog