APC Forum

4" N1 Glitter

Xtreme Pyro

Here is a 4" round paper shell I made and fired at winterblast. I was really impressed with this shell, this is the first time making this composition and can say I will be making it in the future.

Shell weighed: 380 grams

Lift: 35 grams

Break: Meal coated rice hulls, 5:1 with 3.5g 70/30

Pasting: 8 layers of 35lb gummed tape.

Star Size: 3/8", round stars.

Potassium nitrate51Sulphur15Charcoal (airfloat)10Aluminium (-325 mesh, spherical)8Sodium bicarbonate12Dextrin4

Video:

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

Cool, it looks good. I just used that comp for the first time a few weeks back and was really impressed. It has a Senco Hanabi type effect that I love.

I just finished rolling another batch last night. I can't wait till I have time to build some shells and put them in the air. I feel glitter looks best if

not broken too hard.

Edited by DanielC

Here is a 4" round paper shell I made and fired at winterblast. I was really impressed with this shell, this is the first time making this composition and can say I will be making it in the future.

Shell weighed: 380 grams

Lift: 35 grams

Break: Meal coated rice hulls, 5:1 with 3.5g 70/30

Pasting: 8 layers of 35lb gummed tape.

Star Size: 3/8", round stars.

Video:

well done mate look like the top qudrant blew blind?Nice glitter even so

Cool, it looks good. I just used that comp for the first time a few weeks back and was really impressed. It has a Senco Hanabi type effect that I love.

I just finished rolling another batch last night. I can't wait till I have time to build some shells and put them in the air. I feel glitter looks best if

not broken too hard.

Thanks, yeah it's probably one of the better glitters I've seen. It's pretty easy to roll too.

well done mate look like the top qudrant blew blind?Nice glitter even so

Thanks. Yeah it looks like it either blew blind or maybe I lost a few stars when I closed the shell. I had another shell using the same batch of stars that turned out perfect, unfortunatly I didn't get video of it. Was having issues with my camera. The glitter turned out alot better then I expected since it was my first time making this comp.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

Nice looking glitter! I would have to say that glitter stars are my favorites. That is a nice one too so I will have to try it myself.

Can I get the formula for N1?

Good show!

Here is another one to try, Buttered Popcorn Glitter. LMK if you need/want the formula

Edited by warthog

I just made 35 OZ of D1 :( . Oh well I still like it, but I will make N1 next time

Warthog, I just posted the comp on PF. I had to look it up myself. But I will also post it here as it is a public formula.

N1 Glitter

Potassium nitrate 51,

Sulfur 15,

Charcoal, airfloat 10

Aluminum, atomized, 325 mesh 8

Sodium bicarbonate 12

Dextrin 4

Edited by busspuppy

Thanks! That brings me to 65 different glitter formulae in my database. If I get a chance I really do want to try all of them but so far the best of the lot seems to be Lloyd's Buttered Popcorn. It is really nice stuff IMO.

whats the formula for that one?

Buttered Popcorn Glitter

Meal Powder 80

Antimony Trisulfide, Dark Pyro, 325 mesh 9

Aluminum, atom, spher, 325 mesh, 32 micron 8

Sodium Bicarbonate 6

Dextrin 6

OR

Potassium Nitrate 60

Charcoal Airfloat 12

Antimony Trisulfide, Dark Pyro, 325 mesh 9

Aluminum, atom, spher, 325 mesh, 32 micron 8

Sulfur 8

Sodium Bicarbonate 6

Dextrin 6

Nice. Saved this formula in my "to make" list as well.