APC Forum

Did you grow up with guns?

usapyro

17 HMR....... ummm add that to my list too!

I was raised around guns. In fact, I was not allowed to have "toy" guns, because guns are not toys and only encourage kids to point them at each other. One of the first "big" guns I ever shot was a .50 caliber flintlock pistol my grandpa has. That thing was a beast to fire, especially as a kid.

Right now, all I own is a 9mm Sig 226 and a couple of .17 pellet guns that are about 50 years old. I've been wanting to get a Mossberg 500, Ruger 10/22, and possibly the .22 lr conversion kit for my Sig so it is cheaper to shoot at the range.

Yes, I grew up around firearms and have owned them ever since. I still own the first gun I ever bought with my own money too. That means I have had it for 42 years now. Still fires and I still shoot it.

Yeah that's the neat thing about guns. I have several WW1 originals(almost 100 years old). Still shoot as good today as they did back then. With a little care and maint they last forever.

Yeah that's the neat thing about guns. I have several WW1 originals(almost 100 years old). Still shoot as good today as they did back then. With a little care and maint they last forever.

If youv'e got time to kill, here is a very indepth thread of my 1879 Argentino Rolling Block restoration.

Start to finish.

http://www.milsurps....ead.php?t=26384