• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Col

• Potassiumchlorate

• Zmuro

• warthog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's true... but, there's freight from china. and it's not portable like smaller machines are. im curious to see how 2 identical shells pasted with that machine and a WASP perform.

Right at the end of the vid in post #67, it shows a 6" shell pasted on the chinese machine. Here`s a 6" pasted on a wasp wasp 6"

There isnt a lot in it really

Edited by Col

Watching those vids of the firework machines just puts me in awe. I find it amazing that the human race, as a whole, can make a really cool and complicated machine to mass produce fireworks on a large scale. The snap pop one expecially.

Watching those vids of the firework machines just puts me in awe. I find it amazing that the human race, as a whole, can make a really cool and complicated machine to mass produce fireworks on a large scale. The snap pop one expecially.

That one in particular had me very impressed as well. How on earth do they load those things safely? They must have a hopper somewhere just full of the fulminate covered stones, how do they not go off under their own weight or in any number of the moving parts? The snaps did not look like they were wicking any moisture from the stones as they were loaded so I don't think they were moist.

Industrial machines on a whole baffle me. The incredible ingenuity in design, and extremely precise and durable craftsmanship to make them run smoothly without getting out of sync for days on end is something I can't even imagine. Add to that, each experiment and prototype leading up to a functioning piece likely took some individual years of work and thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of materials.

Now that I look back at the previous page on this thread I notice there is a video of the device, and my concern about the crater is negated because they don't actually even try to cover it. Here's the long form video with a compilation of machines including the one that is being discussed here, as well as a similar design at the end that pastes in what looks to be the same type of pattern but with no wheel at all:

I looks like an operator takes care of that "crater" by-hand after the machine has finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sKr09cHIYC8#t=236s8

• 1 year later...